Chapter 67 – Date – 2
256 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hermione took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and kept nodding, "Yes. Yes. I will be."

"Huh, I guess you have grown," Angeal smiled, disappearing from his sight.

Hermione linked her hand with his, holding back the tears, so her make-up didn't get ruined, and they walked together. A crowd of couples was going inside, while the Champions were standing outside.

Harry was standing outside the gate with Cho; Fleur was standing, some boy Cloud had seen but didn't know. As for Viktor, he was with some girl he didn't know.

Though Harry seemed to have noticed Hermione, he was baffled seeing in shock until Cho pulled him out of it. Though she wasn't any less shocked, Hermione seemed to be enjoying the looks. The two of them went inside and started their dance.

Hermione danced with him, smiling, "It's like Professor McGonagall said."

"She said what?"

"You are the best dance she had," Hermione chuckled, "I can tell now why she said that. I am moving…dancing…but everything seems so perfect that I don't even have to think."

"Would you like to lead?"

"Why, this is good?"

"I don't like perfect," Cloud pulled closer to her, allowing her to lead, "It's not me."

Hermione focused on her feet, trying to clumsily lead the dance, "Really? But you are so…handsome…and a great magician…and you get the best marks…you even learn Martial Arts. You have started a business in the Muggle World at a young age, and you could become a Professional at Quidditch…from where I stand. You are perfect."

"That's not me," Cloud looked around the hall, seeing the other couples, and he noticed Aerith and Tifa. Aerith wore the red dress she had seen in their world and looked gorgeous. And Tifa was her partner, wearing a black suit and white shirt; even so, she looked pretty hot.

The two came near them while dancing, and a smile appeared on his lips.

"You see…I am a great magician because Aerith is there to teach me whenever there is magic I can't perform. Other than that…it has more to do with the blood in my veins than me. As for the marks… it isn't straightforward, but in simple terms, it's magic. There is a voice in my head that tells me answers."

He took the lead from her, "Tifa and Aerith are the ones mainly handling the business…so I am nowhere near perfect."

Hermione looked at him, "You didn't say anything about Martial Arts, Quidditch, or the handsome looks."

A shy smile appeared on Cloud's lips as he looked away, and Hermione giggled.

"So, that you accept? That makes you near-perfect…but the Cloud that I have always known is perfect in my eyes. I don't mind knowing one that is not so perfect," Hermione softly said.

"Are you two going to kiss now?"

Hermione's face turned pink, and she looked at the side, watching Aerith and Tifa dance, when Aerith grinned, "Mind switching for a while?"

Hermione already felt the shame and nodded, "Not at all."

They switched, and Tifa took Cloud's place, dancing with Hermione, "I hope you don't mind."

Hermione curled her lips into a smile, "You make an adorable boy."

Tifa chuckled, "I think so myself."

"So…are you and Aerith?"

"Oh, nothing like that," Tifa shook her head, "Fred and George thought it'd be funny to put him on the stop, asking him to choose between Aerith and me, and like usual, he decided to do neither. He's not great at choosing between the two of us."

"You could have gone with anyone…."

Tifa looked towards the happy grin on Aerith's face and the smile on Cloud's, "There are three of us in this relationship. And the only guy I am interested in dancing with…is him."

"Sorry," Hermione looked down, only for Tifa to chuckle, "You don't have to apologize for anything."

"Now…allow me to dance with him a little before I return him to you?"

They switched again, and Tifa found herself face to face with Cloud, tilting her head, "How do I look?"

"Like the girl love, you know her?"

"Oh, Mr. Strife, getting flirty, are we," A sweet grin appeared on Tifa's lips, "How is it going with Hermione?"

"Well…with a few tips from Angeal…I haven't spoiled anything yet."

"Angeal? Do you still hear them?"

"No. Now I can control if I want to hear them or not. It's like talking to myself," Cloud hastily explained, seeing the worried look on her face.

"Oh, that's good," Tifa gently nodded, dancing with him, "You are good at this…."

"Yeah." Cloud looked into her eyes, "Tifa. Thank you."

"As I said to Hermione…there are three of us in this relationship. We will manage….at times when you can't, Cloud. Don't forget to kiss her before returning, accept her, and break her heart and confidence?"

"You are weird."

"I know," Tifa glanced towards Hermione, "You could say…you are not the only one soft on that girl."

"Ok," Cloud wanted to kiss her, but she raised her eyebrows, staying away, and they switched again.

The champions were soon called to the table to sit and eat, and the empty places appeared.

"Hungry?"

"No, I want to keep dancing a little longer," Hermione held onto him, and the dance slowed down. He could tell she was starting to get tired, and the two went to sit down and have some drinks and starters.

"Ahh~! I feel so much better," Hermione wanted to gulp down the drink but held herself back.

Cloud noticed that and looked down, hiding his smile behind his fingers.

Hermione went pink, asking, "What?"

"I want to do the same," Cloud cut the steak, "All this acting. It gets old."

"Why do you?"

Cloud didn't answer her, he wasn't sure he knew the answer to that question, and Hermione changed the question.

"So, did you guys figure out the Golden Egg thing?"

"That…" Cloud's hands stopped, "I completely forgot about that. I think she did too."

"You forgot?" Hermione raised her eyebrow in shock.

Cloud breathed in, remembering they went home when they got it and likely left it at home, so they forgot all about it. He closed his eyes, "We still have time. We'll figure it out before going to sleep."

"You are so confident. We haven't been able to solve it at all," Hermione muttered.

"We can dance or get the Golden Egg from Harry's room and try to solve it," Cloud suggested.

Hermione indecisively bit her lip when Cloud stood up, "Or we can solve the puzzle, and in celebration, we can have a special dance."

"Let's go with that," Hermione stood up, leaving the Great Hall with him, and the two of them went to Harry's room and found the Golden Egg.

Cloud was about to open it when Hermione warned, "It's deafening."

"Ok," Cloud opened the egg, and the most horrible screeching sound resounded in the air. Hermione, who was prepared, had already covered her ears.

She panicked, glancing toward Cloud, only to notice his slightly annoyed face, but he didn't close the egg. He watched it another minute and then closed it.

"Thank you! My ear is going to be ringing for weeks! Did you think it would stop screeching if you kept it open long enough?"

"Nothing of that sorts," Cloud rubbed his ears and went to Harry's desk to get parchment and a pen, "Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above ground. And while you are searching, ponder this; we have taken what you'll sorely miss. An hour-long you'll have to look, to recover what we took. But past an hour, the prospects black, too late, it's gone. It won't come back."

"Is that…?"

"The clue."

"How? I couldn't hear anything."

"Did you try reading mind?"

"I…I did not."

"Well, that's why."

"Legilimency!" Hermione clapped her hands, "Why didn't I think about it!"

"Because you haven't mastered it," Cloud stood up, throwing the egg on the

bed, "You haven't even learned it yet, or that would have been the first thought."

He placed his palm in front of her with an awkward look, "Now that we are done with that…the dance I promised you."

Hermione tried to suppress the smile coming onto her lips but failed. She put the parchment he had given her aside and took his palm, "Mm."

10