Chapter 77 – From Space – 2
187 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't have much choice here," Cloud became intangible and entered the space between the coaches before entering the compartment. He kept an eye on her, watching her scrutinise everyone, and narrowed his eyes, 'What is she looking for?'

(Scan Consciousness.)

Cloud only wanted to know what the most right now, but her memories were in a jumble after the last attempt to bring them out.

He saw the flashes of her memories, the training, meeting Supreme Intelligence, the Mission, that capture, and finally, her escape and the escape pod. She seemed unsure of her memories and wanted to know what they did to her.

He backed a little, looking at the machine they used, 'Can't create an illusion of that. But that crystal…I can do that. I need to look at her memories a little more closely. To make sure the illusion doesn't give away.'

Once he was done, he closed his eyes and saw her recent memories of the old woman she collided with, 'That should do.'

He created the illusion of the older woman entering the compartment and stopping when her eyes met Vers.

Vers watched her, narrowing her eyes, and she marched over the older woman, and beyond all expectations, she punched the woman in her face.

The older woman paused, punching back with the same force, and the fierce fight between the two started until the station was about to arrive, and the older woman ran to the different compartment.

Vers looked over at the crystal at her feet and picked it up, following after the Skrull, but it had disappeared.

Once the train stopped, she got off the station and went to find a place to look at the memories.

"Cloud. Look over there."

Cloud followed the direction Angeal suggested and found that black agent rushing up the stairs. He hastily looked at the people around when his eyes landed on the middle-aged man wearing glasses and a red sweater, creating the illusion of him which tried to shoot the Agent. Still, the agent was only grazed above his left eye and managed to attack him, dropping him from over the railing.

"Mind if I deal with this?"

Cloud knew the voice, and he already knew he was coming ever since he decided to come here. Being in the same city, even if he didn't try, his control over Genesis became obvious. He could even see his thought process.

He didn't need to ask, not even nod, but he walked away, following Vers and leaving this to Genesis.

Even when Genesis had left, he could hear his voice right next to his ear, "Casualties?"

"None," Cloud said. He didn't want to risk killing anyone and causing a butterfly effect until he had the System reactivated to get the damage reports.

"You are still following."

"Yeah."

"But I said everything to that Agent and even fought against a Skrull. What is it that you want?"

Cloud leaned against the wall, crossing his arms, watching her without replying.

Vers saw the crystal, her memories playing at it, and started thinking of a plan. She fired a photon blast which hit right in front of him, "This is the last warning. Do not follow me."

Cloud watched her walk away, sighing, "She's trouble."

He stepped forward to follow after her when he realised that his surrounding had changed. The buildings were folding, and she was still moving away, but he was cut off from his illusions. If Genesis wasn't on the outside, being his only connection, it could be said he was cut off from the outside world.

"Sorry about this. Mr Strife."

Cloud narrowed his eyes, looking over his shoulder, seeing a bald woman wearing monk's clothes walk towards him, "Wizard?"

"Sorcerer. Sorcerer Supreme."

He turned to face her, "Was it my use of magic?"

"No. Do you think you changed anything? Mr Strife?"

"Change what?"

"By changing her time of arrival. Do you think you changed anything?"

"Her time of arrival?"

The bald woman smiled, patting his shoulder, and they seemed to have taken a trip in time, but he knew this was just a projection of something she had seen before. It was Vers when she dropped in the blockbuster, when a Skrull fired at her, much like he created an illusion of. When she collided against the same older woman that she collided against today, the Skrull took her form too. At one point, the Skrull took the form of the same man he chose as a base for the illusion, and then he found himself back, face to face with the Sorcerer Supreme.

"What was that?"

"Another past. Possibility," She said.

"You can see those? Can you talk to the Planet?"

She chuckled, "No. I do not possess the capabilities that Miss Gainsborough does. I had hoped she would become the next Sorcerer Supreme. But I understand you three wish to return to your Universe, and I respect that."

"What do you want?"

She smiled, shaking her head, "If you think that something like Tesseract could hide the existence of something like System, then you are wrong."

"You know about it?"

"I met it. You don't think the Universe of Wizards would merge with ours, and I wouldn't know?"

"Universe of Wizards merged with yours?"

She sighed, "There is much you need to learn about. But from what I see, you need it. The system. Without it, you are stricken with fear—which comes from your understanding of the power you truly possess. So, it's a good thing."

She smiled and took off the pendant, placing it around his neck, and he heard it the moment he wore it.

[System is Back Online.]

[The Basic Functions will be available shortly.]

"This is?"

"This is Earth's last defence from the forces from other dimensions—Please keep it safe at all costs."

"Once you have the Tesseract. I will take it back."

"You said…these things can't hide System's Presence. But their presence indeed allows the System to work, and they aren't energy sources since the System wouldn't take the energy from outside. So? What is their role? Moreover…how do you know about it? The System."

The woman smiled, "All questions will be answered in due time. Mr Strife. It's too early for you to know."

He glanced at the orange sparks, watching her open a portal and leave. He was too focused on the portal to stop her, and he only did so when it was about to close, "Wait!"

He tried to stop her but found himself back where he started, 'That happened.'

He placed his hand on his chest, at the pendant, closing his eyes, 'System.'

[Here.]

'Connect me to Tifa and Aerith.'

(Cloud?)

(Cloud! Where are you?!)

He breathed out, and a soft smile appeared on his lips, "Hey."

(Doesn't answer the question. Where are you? Did you make contact?)

"Yeah. I did."

(Tell us everything.)

"Ok."

10