Chapter 78 – Vers
167 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cloud followed Vers as she rode a motorbike, but his attention was focused on the two he was talking to, telling them what happened, and asking.

(How are things there now?)

(Worse than we thought. The Ministry has its head in the sand; these are the parts that the Death Eaters haven't corrupted.)

Cloud could hear Tifa's voice all day, but this was the only time he felt apologetic.

(Sorry. I know that wasn't the plan.)

(The plan was to create an illusion for Voldemort and give him Pettigrew's blood or something. Anything that makes sure that it fails. But then that happened. Anyway, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Voldemort is back, and the only one who could move against him now is you.)

Cloud heard what Aerith was saying, but something else was in his mind.

(Ministry still keeping an eye on you, Eri?)

(They even took my Materia! Bastard!)

Cloud narrowed his eyes as a smirk appeared on his lips. He could imagine her huffing and puffing. The last fight in the Graveyard, when she summoned the eight entities. No, it would be better to say she managed to create them, bring them into existence, or maybe even summon them from another universe. They hadn't figured out what she did, but the result was eight red(summoning) Materias. Besides the one he got away with, the Ministry took the other seven.

(Once the threat of Voldemort is over, we'll take them back.)

(Uh…yeah, we will! And Cloud? Are you still following her?)

(Yeah. Why?)

(It's Dumbledore. He has prohibited any information from being passed to Harry. We are staying at Sirius's home. Even Hermione, Ron, and others are here. Anyway, can you pick Harry? Teach him Legilimency?)

(You want me to babysit?)

It's not that he didn't understand where Aerith was coming from when she asked him about this.

(Do you not want to teach him? You promised you would?)

(I am still tailing her.)

(Oof, isn't the System reactivated now? There's still time before she reaches her next destination. More than enough to give you the time to kidnap Harry.)

Cloud drifted, forcing Fenrir to stop, and Vers looked back as she noticed that. She knew she was being tailed even if she hadn't said anything.

He kept his eyes focused on her, turning to look in the direction of London.

He opened the System, which still showed UK's clock, 'Eight Hours. Sometime after afternoon.'

[System would suggest that users leave Harry Potter where he is.]

'Why are you talking like Dobby? Did you break when you got shut down?'

[No. I did not.]

Cloud narrowed his eyes—there were a few things he knew about the System. For one, it and the voice they heard when they were brought over were two different beings. The other being that it spoke very little.

'Why?'

[The blood and protection must be recharged.]

'What is this protection? A cellphone,' Cloud rolled his eyes, letting out a breath, 'Voldemort already has Harry blood. Why does the protection even matter?'

[It does.]

Cloud scratched his head, 'Is there some way around it?'

[Calculating. Calculated. Yes. There is.]

'Are you going to make me ask?'

[Will you make me tell?]

'Yes!' Cloud furrowed his brows in frustration, letting out a breath when the System spoke.

[Blood Protection requires a bond of blood and a place to call home.]

"Troublesome," Cloud sighed, closing his eyes, and when he opened them and called for Dobby, who reached him in a few seconds, "Take me to Harry."

"Harry Potter? Sir?"

"Yes. Now. Before someone sees us," Cloud looked at the empty road and ordered.

"Yes, Sir!" Dobby snapped his fingers, and they started Apparating, and they did so a few times before Cloud found himself sitting on Fenrir, inside a bedroom, seeing the boy sticking to his door, shocked to the door.

"Boy!! What was that noise!!"

Harry covered his mouth, darting his eyes between Cloud and Dobby, wondering what was going on, but the next moment he rushed over, "You are fine! You disappeared! No one would tell me anything! What happened there?! Voldemort! He's back!"

Cloud looked at Harry, wearing old clothes and a skinny body, and let out a sigh, 'Can't leave him here.'

"Dobby, take his clothes and books home later, understand?"

"Yes. Sir. I will!"

"You get on. We are leaving," Cloud gestured Harry to sit, who confusedly blinked and kept asking back, "What is…going on?"

Cloud could hear the heavy footsteps and shot a look at him, "Do you want to stay here or you want to come with me?"

Harry breathed in, looking towards the door that was about open at any moment, and ran over, climbing on his bed sitting down on the bike; and Dobby snapped his fingers, and they disappeared without being able to hear the shout of his uncle.

Glass, dirt, water, sand, land, and in that order, he saw his surrounding, only for a moment. He found himself on the road, tightly holding onto Cloud, who ordered Dobby, "Better his clothes."

"Yes, Master, Dobby would be honoured to do that," Dobby snapped his fingers, and Harry's clothes became new and fit him; even his glasses looked new.

Cloud nodded to Dobby, who took his leave, and the bike started moving independently, without needing him to drive.

Fenrir only had a place for one person to sit, so Harry could only hold onto Cloud, but the bike transmuted, and a side seat appeared in front of Harry's eyes, on which he got dropped.

Cloud placed his hand on handles, taking control, driving at thrice the speed to catch up with Vers, 'So what now? I take a syringe and put some of his blood in me?"

[Or your blood in him. That is one way to form a blood connection.]

'My blood? Mixed with Jenova Cells? Won't he die?'

[Right. You do not possess that great physical control over your blood.]

'Who does?'

[I had time to meet the other system. It was bragging about its users. She has excellent control over her blood to the point she would have been able to do this effortlessly.]

If it weren't for his control, then Cloud was sure he would have slipped on the road and fallen to the ground.

He tightened his jaw, 'I don't want to hear about your tea parties. How do I do it?'

[First Option – System will drain Jenova Cell of all its energy and other wills and erase the memories of anyone but you and from the time before you landed in this world. Implant that into Harry Potter, and form the connection as long as you convince him and provide him with a home. It should work.]

[Second Option – System will help you transfigure a certain amount of your blood to that of Lily Potters. The condition where you'd have to make him believe that you are his brother and provide him with a home still stands.]

[Third Option – Find Darkhold and Summon Lily Potter's Soul.]

Cloud wanted to roll his eyes at the System, and he looked at Harry, who was trying to speak but couldn't because of the wind.

'Can you connect him and me?'

[Yes. A Guest has entered the party. You can contact him if you wish.]

Cloud tapped on Harry's name and said in his mind, "Can you hear me?"

"Huh? Yeah! I can hear you! Can you hear me?!"

"Yeah. I can," Cloud slowed Fenrir down; his eyes were on Vers again.

"Where are we going?"

"We are keeping an eye on that one."

"The girl on the bike?"

"Yeah."

"Why? Does she have anything to do with Voldemort?!"

"No."

"Then?"

"Keep your ears and eyes open."

'Can you camouflage his magic?'

[Yes. It was done the moment he was invited to the Party.]

"Do you have your wand with you?"

"Uh…no! It's in my things!"

"I'll have Dobby bring it. Don't worry about Trace. I have already covered it, so use your magic to protect yourself when necessary. Ok?"

"Ok," Harry breathed in with a worried and exciting look, but that look had the time to fade in an hour that it took Vers to reach Rosamond, Pancho's Bar.

She stopped in front of the bar, took off her helmet, and looked at Cloud, who parked beside her.

"Where did you get that one?"

"Custom made," Cloud knew she was talking about Fenrir.

She looked at the side seat where Harry was sitting, "Your little brother?"

"Something like that."

"Doesn't look like you."

"Doesn't have to," Cloud helped Harry get out of the side seat, looking at the bar, "After you."

8