Chapter 6 – Adventurers’ guild.
3.8k 31 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the city, I found a long paved street that was quite busy. It was a wide street and could pass two cars together with ease. It is Like an avenue.

There were many stores on both sides of the street, plus some strange buildings that seemed to be places that only adults would visit. It was pretty busy even though night had not yet come.

There's no such thing as a time for this kind of entertainment, right?

But I didn't have much time to analyze all the buildings. The guards practically dragged me into a small building next to the gate.

It was divided into two rooms.

There was a wooden table for interrogations on one side, and on the other side, there were bars. Behind bars were some suspicious men. I decided not to look them in the eye; they were probably dangerous.

After I sat down on one of the chairs, the guard brought me a glass of water. I smelled the water to see if it was safe to drink. I looked at the glass for a while and decided not to risk it. I know they are theoretically lawmen, but I can't trust them.

"Are you okay? You seem to be hurt." One of the guards reached down and tried to touch my thigh. *Slap!* Then I slapped his hand. My slap seemed strong... The man screamed in pain.

"Don't touch me," I said as I looked at him. I am a man! Do you think I would allow another man to touch my thigh?

"It's okay. Its blood from one of my friends."

"It's okay?..." The guard smiled bitterly.

"Yes." I gave a direct answer, "If you'll excuse me." I then got up from the chair to try to leave. The guard then stood in my way. "We need information about the thugs who robbed you." I looked at the guard for a while before sighing.

"Okay, write it down quickly." I thought of some strange features and started talking. "They were all a little fat, wore rags, and wore pig masks."

"..." The guard wrote all that down and looked at me in disbelief. I just shrugged and remained silent. "Okay, I think that's enough. Is everything okay? We can pay an inn for you for a few days if you want." The guard used a gentle tone.

Listen, I'm not going to fall into that trap.

"Don't worry. I have some acquaintances in this town, and I can stay at their house. "

"I'll take you to their house safely."

"No need."

"But you're feeling bad."

"I'm not."

"Were you really robbed?"

"OF COURSE!!!" I screamed and slammed my foot on the ground. Then I took a deep breath and walked out of the guard post. "AND DON'T FOLLOW ME!" What was this show? What was all this?

####

After I had walked down that long street for a while, I arrived at what seemed to be the centre of the city. There was a square, and in the middle of it was a fountain with some funny animal statues.

They were spitting water upwards.

On the benches around the square, some couples were embracing. I remembered Jeane.

I cursed them in my mind before I noticed a large wall beyond the square. There was also a luxurious gate. As soon as I approached it, I was stopped by one of the guards. "Only nobles can enter." He said arrogantly.

"Wa? So nobles are that kind in this world? Just wait, and you will see what I will become." After I said that, the guards looked at me with pity. I just turned around and walked out of there.

'So they divide the city into two parts... I thought those arrogant nobles were just inventions of idiot authors.' I sighed and went back to the gate. The guard saw me but did not approach.

"He looked at me like he was worried... What an idiot." I couldn't believe it. Did my beauty captivate him so much? This is scary; I don't even like to think about it.

"Okay, what place do I need to visit? Normally I would visit the adventurer's guild to get money, but it's late." I looked up at the sky and noticed that it was already turning dark, "But I need money..." I thought of several ways, but all were impossible.

Robbery, prostitution, trading favours. What do you think I am? Some bitch?

I had nothing to do, so I went to the guild.

As soon as I approached the building, I noticed that this was not the right place for me ( A girl now ). Just muscular men who stank of sweat even from a distance. They were loud and drank non-stop.

'Is there a restaurant inside the guild?'

Besides the counters and receptionists, I could see a part of the building with tables where people ate and drank. Wow, this is amazing; they are monetizing this place in the best way possible.

The adventurers come back to this place whenever they finish a mission, and what is good after a day of work? Drinking beer and eating a big plate full of meat.

My masculine instincts began to kick in. I remembered the days I went out drinking after work.

"Excuse me!" I shouted after approaching the door. The adventurers inside the building looked at me.

The strong wind suddenly appeared and shook my hair. Perhaps I look wonderful now since many of the men were mesmerized by my feminine beauty.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist closest to the door asked. I finally realized what I had done. Embarrassed, I approached the counter.

"Oh yes, I would like to join the guild."

"I see..." The receptionist looked me up and down.

"What is it?" I said.

"It's nothing..." The receptionist put a sarcastic smile on her face as she picked up a form for me to fill out. Everything was going according to the script. I filled everything out and soon received my adventurer's license.

Unfortunately, it was already late, and I couldn't take any missions.

Besides, staying inside that building any longer would be impossible.

"Would you like to drink with us?"

"No."

"Are you alone? I can keep you company."

"No."

"Would you like something to eat?"

"Ye...NO!"

Many of those men approached me. I quickly ran out of there, afraid that my masculinity would be affected. Just because I'm in a woman's body doesn't mean I will fall in love with a man.

RIGHT?!!!!

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

125