Chapter 7 – The sneeze that started the catastrophe.
3.5k 8 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next day in a dirty alley that stank of urine. It was the only place I could find to sleep. Dirty, drunken beggars occupied all the other alleys, and I would never share the same space with them.

After I woke up, I got ready and went to the guild again. This time I was in the mood to take a mission and earn some money.

When I got there, I soon realized how much I stank. The other adventurers looked at me and held their noses, not hiding their dissatisfaction with my odour. But I pretended not to notice and went to the board where the missions were displayed.

Since I am in RANK F, I had few missions available to do. They were all collection missions. When I saw that I had to go to the same forest where I woke up, I discarded them all.

I left the guild next and then left town.

"Hey, where are you going?" The same guard from yesterday asked. But I just ignored him and moved on.

Then I started walking down the road while looking for any monsters to kill.

"Where are those ugly monsters when I need them?" I could make money if I took their ears to the guild. They wouldn't do anything with it, but they would reward me for killing them.

They were putting people at risk, so it makes sense.

I walked for long minutes along the road looking for monsters and finally found them. I could see a group of five of those little monsters. They were pretty close to the road.

Isn't this dangerous? Carriages pass by here every day; the marks on the road confirm this.

Using magic, I killed all those ugly little monsters and ripped everyone's ears off.

I could go after more monsters, but that would be enough. I still didn't know what the currency of this world was and its value, but if it's the same as the other stories, then they have bronze, silver and gold coins, don't they?

####

I arrived in town shortly after that. I was carrying the ears in my hand since I didn't have a bag. As I approached the gate, the guards looked at me in disgust. The same guard who before seemed in love with me now looked at me as if he was disgusted.

I have to admit it was a little painful.

"Here you go, ten ears of ugly monsters."

"Ugly monsters? Ah yes, goblins." I just confirmed that they are indeed goblins. "Hold on a second. I'll get your reward." Yes, that's what I wanted.

The receptionist took the ears using a glove, put them in the trash, stuck her hand in a drawer, and pulled some papers toward me. Wait, papers?

I picked them up and looked. They were papers with a drawing that looked like a queen. Even if it was the drawing, I could tell it was a wonderful woman. On the papers I received, there were some numbers printed on them.

Yes, they had paper money here... I thought they used coins. I received three bills of 100.

"Excuse me; I can stay in an inn with that?" I asked the receptionist.

"Maybe you can pay for a day's stay with that." She smiled bitterly.

"One day? Just one day?" This money was not valuable at all. Each goblin only gave me 60? That sucks. If I couldn't use magic, I would have a hard time killing them, you know? Can regular people survive in this place?

With sadness stamped on my face, I left the guild.

I had asked for a recommendation for an inn, so I went straight there. A two-story building wholly made of wood ( like all the others in this city )

As soon as I entered, people stared at me. There were several tables; this was probably the inn's restaurant where the guests ate their meals. I waved to all the other guests and went to the counter.

"Excuse me. I want a room, please." I placed the three 100 bills on the counter. The woman then returned some coins of 10 cents to me—four of them.

'Then they have coins too.'

After receiving the key to my room, I went upstairs. I found a single bed, a two-door closet, and a desk with a mirror and a comb. In that mirror, I could finally see how beautiful I was.

This was not the most beautiful version of me. I was filthy.

Still, I stood there admiring myself in the mirror for a few minutes.

Shoulder length hair with a striking orange colour, skin as white as snow, pink lips, and thick eyelashes that would make even my fiancée ( ex-fiancée since I am now dead ) jealous. And big breasts that were probably 2 kilograms each.

Those shits were heavy.

But what caught my attention the most were my eyes. I hadn't seen them very well before since my reflection in the water wasn't very good because of the river's flow. Each of my eyes had a different colour.

Maybe this is normal since no one talked about them? Perhaps that's why they were mesmerized by my beauty? I don't know, but they were gorgeous. It matches my hair colour.

My right eye had a blue colour, and my left eye had a rather glaring golden colour.

"If I take a shower and comb my hair, I'm sure I'll look even more beautiful." I smiled and stepped into the bathroom. Thank goodness they had piped water and even a shower.

It didn't even seem like a fantasy world.

Then, after I washed, I stood naked for a long time in front of the mirror. Don't ask me why; I just wanted to admire my beautiful body for a time. Maybe because I still can't believe it all is happening to me? Probably.

After a few more minutes, I put on the same clothes I was wearing before. It was somewhat unsanitary, but I had no other clothes. I'm going to go to work and buy some new clothes, that's what I need to do.

Now that I was dressed, I could finally comb my hair. I had done this for my fiancée (ex-fiancée) before; I was almost an expert. And after I was done, I looked in the mirror again.

I looked much better now, apart from I was wearing the same clothes.

So, after I finished, I went to the guild.

"Sneeze~~" And the sneeze I gave right after entering the guild was the sign that something catastrophic was happening on the other side of the continent.

Please don't ask me how I know.

 

Don't forget to click on the little heart :D

125