573. Anti-venom
803 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Getting called by Tony. That's a first time."

"Yeah.. Never thought the most irresponsible guy would get the chance to bring us all together."

The X-men were dumbfounded hearing such words coming out from all the members of the Avengers. It meant that all the members of the Avengers were in a very close circle and it seemed like they all were very close friends. Though the X-men were friends too but most of the time the opinions differed by a lot.

Like Logan's view of world was completely different to others and there was always a sexual tension between him and Jean. And his rivalry with Scott, but here it seemed like everybody was on board with each other.

John too had appeared at the Hall. He had been at his home using his magic to look forward in time for Knull. But his magic failed. He tried this with Alien X too. Using magic and godlike powers to peer into time.

But all was for naught. It was as if somebody was blocking its way and this was frustrating for him. He had opened portals a few hours ago so he had a general idea that whatever had happened from the locations of many mutants in their world and seeing that Tony had returned with only the main warship and some battered warships.

It meant the fight was fierce.

"Looking at you seems like you are perfectly alright. Why the call?"

"We have a situation."

Victor spoke up this time in a serious manner. He could see that all the people present were not in a very serious mood and most of them were being lazy. Probably because they had almost all wars till now and now there was a bit of complacency. They had destroyed Black Winter.

A multiversal devourer. That in the resume was enough for them to not take many enemies seriously.

"Go on."

"Annihilus is dead!!"

There was a pin drop silence when Tony said that. Even John had his eyes wide open when Tony broke that news in the room. Then he used his omniscience to look at the minds of Tony and X-men for a second and that was enough for him to know what had happened in their universe.

"Tell us everything." Steve said as he looked at all of the X-men.

The story of what had happened was reiterated while John just closed his eyes and searched for a bug army at 616. His cosmic awareness was still not able to find them. He needed to go to 616 to see what was exactly going on but he wasn't sure if his Alien X omnipotence would be effective in their universe in finding Knull and his planet.

"At least we have one enemy now!!"

"Yeah no more searching for both."

"It will be more dangerous now with their army together. He might use the bugs as hosts for symbiotes." Barry said as he remembered that the bugs under Annihilus were made of antimatter.

"Symbiotes can mutate along with the host."

John said that. This was another piece of information that blew the mind of others present in the room. They always thought symbiotes won't grow with the host but John saying that has wiped the playing field. John said that because he remembered the story of Anti-venom which Eddie obtained when he was suffering from cancer, and the doctor cured him using lightforce. (probably enigma force, didn't read much of antivenom. He was important during the AXIS storyline when the morality of the heroes changed, the storyline that gave us superior ironman.)

Of course due to his intervention Venom never had the chance of becoming antivenom but it could never be overlooked that the symbiote changes according to the hosts, so John needed to mention that.

"What changes can we expect?"

"The changes which will render all our plans of using sound and fire useless and fight them on equal standards."

"Ahh fuck this shit!!!"

One of them really couldn't hold it together. This was not what they expected. Most of them were in a vacation mode seeing that sound and fire would be easily operational during the war, but now all their advantages seemed like going down the drain.

"Is your prediction 100% right?" Diana asked as she felt all John was doing was speculating.

"Nope. It could be entirely different. It can go both ways. It can regress but the mutation can be more terrifying than I am speculating."

"So we need to expect the worst?"

"Yep!!"

The X-men and the Brotherhood just sat there silently as half of them had no idea of what they were talking about but from the looks of it the enemy that they were facing wasn't an easy one.

"Charles, Erik we might need your help in this. I will help you to reform your bodies and make you more battle worthy. Ryan take them to the labs and give them the dragon serum. We will need all the mutants to have a makeover in order to face Knull."

Announcement
Read 235 more chapters on my Patreon
46