576. Contingencies
848 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Charles's operation took some time as it was a high risk operation and since it was the first time a body would be inserted with cybernetics, the doctors needed to be totally sure of what they were doing. They didn't want his brain circuits to be fried just because they messed up a nerve at the spinal cord.

Though the med pod would help them in this surgery, they didn't want any accidents.

After an hour of surgery, the doctors declared that the operation was successful and he would be able to walk after 2 or 3 hours. The rate of healing was increased due to the use of various potions made from the dragon corpse by the witcher. Normally, he would have given a normal time to rest which was 2 weeks or so, but they didn't have so much time. Knull was coming and 2 weeks was too long.

So in those 24 hours everybody was ready with all their new suits. Everybody looked young now. Even Logan was injected with the serum as to make his healing factor better and more powerful. Everybody's powers were enhanced in one way or the other.

It was time for action.

The next day, all had gathered at the Hall of Justice, including the X-men. They all came in all their suits and luggage to go through to another universe.

"Since all of us are ready, it's time to leave. All have been briefed about the upcoming universe. The local superheroes may not be friendly as we have a history. Don't interact much with them unless it is absolutely required."

"Don't take this war lightly, this will be huge. For some people here it might be a first. Just trust your instincts. Jean I advise you not to look deep into the mind of Knull. Charles' power is enhanced so he will be fine, but you might suffer." (This is upon the fact that in one comic, Charles was able to stop Scott who was fully powered by Phoenix Force and he stopped Scott right on his tracks like it was nothing. And that Charles didn't even need an enhancer for doing this)

"The others you can go wild and kill. Don't become a host of the symbiotes. I would hate to fight anyone of you. Nobody is safe here. Except for John maybe as he has the Phoenix Force. The others not so much."

They all had solemn looks on their faces as John and Steve reiterated what they were going to face in this war. While all this going on Rogue had raised her hand.

"Rogue..."

"What if Knull attacks this universe? Is the SHIELD strong enough to defend this Earth while all the Avengers are gone?"

"We are not the only ones protecting this planet. There are other hidden armies doing the same thing." Steve replied with a smile. And this was true. The ninjas were already notified to be on high alert. John wasn't sure of the plan of Knull so it was better that they had contingencies. He even ordered the Sereitei to look after Earth while they were gone.

Both of the teams and the Pokemon would be powerful enough to handle this. The Guardians were tasked to always keep an eye on the universe via Green Lanterns. When Knull first attacked Earth, he had already wreaked havoc in all of the universe.

And Eddie had to rescue everything in the universe. It was so exhausting that he had turned old in a matter of days.

"Do we have other teams here? Where?"

"They are hidden and protecting the world as we speak. The Avengers are just the forefront of our whole defense system. We are much more than that." Steve replied with a mysterious smile. The X-men were still not up to date with the presence of other powerful beings here. They had already seen the Pokemon but that was it.

They don't know the whole reason for their emergence. The presence of ninjas were still hidden and wiped out from the internet here. Many people have seen the ninjas operating but they could never prove it. SHIELD and GAIA made sure of it.

"Charles, are you alright with the new head equipment?"

Charles who was wearing the new helmet and was standing straight had a smile. He had never felt so much power before. Though the helmet didn't have eyes, he could still 'feel' everything around. Before it was just the people he could feel with his telepathy, but now he didn't have to. The helmet allowed him to sense any living and non living thing around.

This was a huge jump. It was for this reason, it didn't have eye holes.

"I am perfectly fine. This is amazing. The technology here is way ahead than I ever thought it could reach."

"Good. Tony and Arthur. Be here and make more robots while we will be on our way in advance. This talisman is here to both of you to break if the situation goes wrong here or just call the back ups. We will call you as soon as the war starts."

 

Announcement
Read 235 more chapters on my patreon
41