585. He is here
717 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John asked Tony for a room to rest. He needed to close his eyes for sometime. As John left the room, there was another topic of discussion among all the Avengers, which included both of the teams.

"Why is it that John is always involved when a new person emerges from other universes for almost no reason. Does his existence smell very good to other powered people?"

"I don't know. But it has always been the case. Most of the time, he has a story for it but this Yhwach has no story. Nothing. It's as if he is losing his powers."

"Oh c'mon. This guy is the only one who has no explanation."

"Does he really have no explanation or is he hiding the story of this guy from us."

"Does it matter? He is helping us and though we can't gauge the power of this new guy, any addition to the roster is a welcome one. Besides, he did appear out of nowhere."

"So we are going to trust this new guy?"

"Of course no. Just a simple acknowledgement is fine for us."

"We do need to ask John after this war if his powers attract people from other universes. His dreams. His different powers. It might have another kind of origin than we know. Or maybe John himself doesn't know. I hope in the end it doesn't turn on us. We have always been good guys. It might just blow up in our face one day, so we need to talk it out with him."

"Alright let's win the war first. Knull will not be easy, I will say it again."


In this way, a day went by. Knull was supposed to appear in a day or two and all were tense. In order to get rid of the tense atmosphere, the Avengers flew away to handle the people of New York. Not that it would matter. Venom has an idea of how powerful the Hive was but only John knew that his arrival will just plunge the whole planet into darkness. This hiding was for naught.

But he didn't want to call it out. Saying this will only increase the panic of the people, including the Avengers. All he could do was stop with all his power.

After John woke up he used his cosmic consciousness to search for a person who must be in this universe roaming around the cosmos with freedom. He had contacted him once to give him a task. This task was important.

It was Norrin Radd. The Silver Surfer.

"Norin did you find what I asked you for?"

"Of course no. You are asking me to find a needle in a haystack. Let me rephrase that, you are asking me to find a bacteria in a universe scale."

"I know what task I have asked of you. But this is important. The scale of the universe depends on it."

"I know I know.. I have seen what he has been doing to the universe. Even had a face to face confrontation with him. Had to run. You were not kidding when you said he is a God."

John raised his eyebrows when Norin said that. Norin, after the war with Black Winter, came back to his universe and wanted to travel around for his mental peace and be as a protector like the Green Lanterns. In comics, Knull did mention of him meeting Norin but John never paid much attention to it, as at the end he wasn't the main hero.

"Don't annoy him. You just need to find that thing, before we run out of time."

"You did say that the thing will come looking for me. So why am I searching for it."

"I have changed the course of the universe by inserting myself, so I don't want to regret later."

"Fine.. I will continue searching for this. Hope you are right."

John had given him a task. A weapon to search for in the universe which would help him immensely in this war. If he or any of their members could get a hold of the weapon, they would for sure win the war.

All John could do now was wait for it.


Meanwhile, all of the Avengers were busy relocating people and helping. Both of the teams came forward for it. The people had little fear seeing new faces as they remembered the last time these new faces had appeared, the sun went out.

John's Avengers could feel their fear but they still helped them asking for nothing in return. Only kindness could triumph over all kinds of negative emotions. Of course some actions could never be forgiven, but they didn't care. Everyone helped the way they could.

In this way one more day went by, when the sirens of the satellites rang loudly in all space stations, space agencies and especially in the Avengers Tower. The siren meant only one thing.

Knull was here!!

Announcement
Read 230 more chapters on my patreon
30