604. Shock
444 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone who was close by or the ones who were far away could suddenly feel that the power of symbiotes had suddenly gone down out of nowhere. This already proved the main theory of Light Vs Dark.

Light was here!!! So of course the servants of Darkness would scurry around in fear. As this was happening all around, the Avengers and X-men were taking this advantage and beating the shit out of the symbiotes. For the first time, the number of symbiotes wasn't overwhelmingly trying to devour them.

Almost all of the 616 people who didn't have suits were almost devoured by the symbiotes. If not for John's team, it would have been a tragedy that they wouldn't be able to avoid. Finally they had the upper hand, thanks to the emergence of the 'angel', so of course they were venting their anger on the symbiotes.

Just a few seconds of the arrival of Light and there was already a huge commotion. John who sensed all this had a smile on his face. He had been waiting for this for such a long time. And now his second plan would be set in motion and he couldn't wait for it.

The ball of Light levitated in front of the body of Norrin and it flew away to the new host that the one had chosen. The others who saw this and were close already knew what this Light ball represented. The higher levels were already informed of this.

Now all they had to do was wait for Eddie to become the new host of Enigma Force and put an end to the farce created by the host of Darkness. Or at least what John thought. He had forgotten that Eddie became the God of light after a long process.

To become God, Eddie had to die first. His consciousness had to go through Codex and had to go through a gruelling process to take over the mantle of Enigma Force before he went to defeat Knull. (yes, in the actual story Eddie died and his consciousness was trapped in the Codex. It was due to Enigma Force that he was brought to life and took over the mantle of God of Light)

But here there was never such a case. Eddie was fit and fine. Knull never came to throw him down the cliff. Even Venom was having the time of his life as both of them were flying around and killing bugs.

And John didn't know that for God of Light to take over one had to die or at least had to go near death to get its acceptance and right now there was nobody at the team who even came close to this criteria.

The ball of Light floated around as it went near all the Avengers who had been fighting and even floated near them for a few seconds to see if the person was worthy to hold the mantle. John and other higher echelons were confused about what was going on.

"Hey, you said Eddie would be the God of Light directly? What the hell is going on?" Barry couldn't help but ask. John was also confused by this.

"I don't know. Eddie, fly over to the Ball and see if it chooses you."

Eddie understood what he meant and he flew to Wolverine where the ball of Light was floating around. The Light Force was right now judging if Logan (John's Universe) was worthy enough to be its new Champion!!

Venom flew over and stood Light in order for it to judge him and complete his legacy. He had already known from John that this was his future, so even though he hated this, the part of his destiny being under control he still went through with it.

It was Knull. There was nothing they could do and they needed to get it over with. As Venom went and stood by the Light Force, it seemed like it got distracted and 'looked' at Venom. It slowly floated near Venom for a good 5-6 seconds and at the end it just didn't choose him and flew to the other Avengers!!!

This came as a shock to all, especially John. This was not how the script was supposed to be. Venom was supposed to be the God of Light. John was anxious now. He didn't know what the Enigma Force was even thinking. Venom was both overjoyed and felt a little bit of sadness when this happened.

He finally felt liberated from the clutches of Destiny. But, he felt sad because the idea of being a God was in itself tempting, especially Venom. He had been hearing about him being on the Light side for such a long time now but this dream was crumbling very fast.

"What the hell is going on?" John almost roared out.

Announcement
Read 210+ more chapters on my patreon
24