605. Shock (2)
445 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everybody soon got to see and know the weird situation that was happening right now. The Light Force was taking time to select its champion. And all they had to do was wait.

"This is going to be the doom for us if the Light Force doesn't choose someone soon. What if it doesn't choose anyone?" Reed asked as he saw the Ball was still floating and approaching every other to see if the person was worthy or not.

"Then we will have to face Knull with everything we have and destroy all the symbiotes present or just kill him."

"Why didn't it choose Eddie? You said before in the meeting that Eddie was the prophesied one."

"I don't know. According to the future which I know, Eddie should have been the One we have been promised. But it seems my indulgence has made many things change." John almost whispered when he said this. He wasn't really what would happen now.

"So that's what you always meant when you said that nothing is predictable when it comes to the future." Barry laughed with a hollow tone. He had a smile on his face as they all looked at the Ball which was floating to every other member of both the Avengers team.

They were looking at it with anxiety running through their veins. This was the most powerful weapon they had against Knull and they didn't want to lose sight of it. And after 10 minutes of silence and stress, the Light Ball finally chose someone.

Someone which nobody would have expected to take over the mantle of God of Light. If it was any other being, then it would have been understandable but the person whom Light had chosen was not something John would have imagined in the wildest of his dreams.

The Enigma Force had chosen Yhwach as his Champion in this war against Knull!!!

Yhwach, the God of Quincy was chosen as its new herald!!!

This made everybody's jaws drop on the ground. All this time, none of the members of the Avengers of both had a very good connection with him. John also had kept himself away from him. Since his story wasn't known to anyone, nobody believed a word of him. It was only because of John that he was even allowed to join them.

He was quite handy in dealing with Knull and in fact he had been the most efficient guy in the battlefield. But the Enigma Force choosing him was something that was not what anyone from the team had expected.

As the Light Ball entered the body of Yhwach, John got a notification.

[

Ding

A foreign unknown mater has entered the body of one of your summons.

Do you wish to block it?

]

"Will I lose control of the summon if I let Enigma Force enter its body or will the secret of the system be out?" John asked his system inside his mind.

[

Ding

Analysing the foreign source....

The source is found to be friendly and the source won't hamper the host's control over its summon.

Do you wish to temporarily enhance the summon with the foreign source?

]

"No problem with the control? Are you sure?"

[

Ding

Yes.

]

"Fine. Allow the Enigma Force to take over. At least I can control how he acts."

[

Ding

Allowing the summon named 'Yhawch' to integrate it's power to the foreign source.

.....

The summon now has a new power and is now the herald of Enigma Force, which is one of the oldest forces of this multiverse

]

"This is unprecedented..."

"This was not what I had ever thought. An unknown guy getting such a massive boost."

Such discussions were going on among all the members of the Avengers and X-men. An unknown guy who had just arrived from the multiverse getting such a massive boost.

"John is he trust-able?" Clark asked as John was bust checking the system and seeing what were the new powers of Yhwach.

"Huh... Oh yeah... I think he can be trusted in this regard. He did help us in the first attack, didn't he? And it's not like Enigma Force would be with him for all time. It would leave the moment Darkness is pushed away. So we can cooperate for this battle. If the Enigma Force stays with him we will see what we can do. A person chosen by Enigma Force can't be that bad. Can he?" John said as that was the only answer he could give them now.

He wasn't concerned about Yhwach as he was still under his control and at the end this arrangement was temporary. They just needed to wait it out and let the Enigma Force just leave later. Even if the Enigma Force stays, it won't actually matter.

The other members of the Avengers also thought about what John had said. Since he was chosen by the Enigma Force, he might not be bad after all.

Only time would answer if the trust they were providing now, would not back to bite them!!

Announcement
Read 210+ more chapters in my patreon
25