617. King in Black
459 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the other Avengers and the X-men didn't have anywhere else to go, they stayed at the Tower and recuperated. It's not like John who had an almost unlimited source of power and stamina. Those who were fine went to handle the affairs of the city as the people were returning back to their home.

The city was half destroyed. But there were no casualties. The world faced a doom where people were controlled. There were no causalities per se due to the symbiotes by there were people who committed suicide and people who died due to heart attack. There were very few cases such as this but they were still there.

The 616-Avengers and the others needed to go and help in any way they could.

John on the other hand was talking with Eddie.

"Venom, there must be a ruler of Hive. Do you want to get placed on the throne? There are advantages and disadvantages if you do that."

"Tell me about them."

"First, if Venom sits on the throne, you will be in control of all the symbiotes in the multiverse and will be able to have the power to look into different planets, situations and places where the symbiotes are located. You can commit espionage, murder, robbery or any kinds of things you wish to just by sitting at home and directing one of the million symbiotes that are located in the universe." John said to Eddie

Dylan and Eddie were surprised that such huge feats could be possible just by sitting at the throne. Eddie was not so animated about it, but Dylan looked all hyped up. He wanted Venom to sit on the throne. Since the moment Eddie came to know that Dylan was his son, Venom had been protecting him and helping him in any way possible. So he really wanted Venom to sit on the throne.

"What is the catch?"

"The catch is if Venom sits on the throne, you will age faster and in the same way die faster. It is consistent for any being who will sit on the throne. The host's body needs to be of higher genetics to be able to handle the computation of millions of symbiotes while sitting on the throne. Knull was a special being and for that reason he was the King in Black. Same will go for the successor. You will die in a month if you become the King." John finally dropped the bomb. This was true, Eddie aged in 2 days after he became the King in Black. All the havoc that the symbiotes had caused, in order to repair the damage, Eddie almost died due to old age by handling the burden of sitting on the throne.

Eddie and Dylan both looked horrified by this now. Eddie knew there was a catch in handling this godly power, but he didn't expect that it would be so terrifying.

"Venom, is that true?" Eddie asked. Venom floated out from the back and nodded his head. He had already known what would happen if he sat on the throne and for this reason he never asked Eddie to take up that position.

"I would rather not take such a terrific role and die a few days later. Find someone else." Eddie denied without any thought. He finally got to be free from every problem and didn't want another kind of responsibility in shoulder. He didn't want to die early and make Dylan an orphan. He had already lost his mother, he didn't want his son to lose his father too.

John nodded his head. He could already feel from before that Eddie would never take up the mantle of the throne. He didn't want that kind of responsibility on his shoulder.

"So who will sit on the throne?" Dylan was also in favor of the fact that his father wouldn't sit on the throne. He too didn't like the disadvantage that comes with it.

"I will see what I can do. Maybe I will take one of the anti-symbiote and make myself the King. The Hive always needs a King so there must be one." John said as he finally laid his plans. Though he used the word maybe, he knew that it was the thing that he would do to take over Hive.

After talking a bit with the father-son duo, he left to search for a suitable anti-symbiote that was still roaming on the Earth. After the death of Knull, the negatively charged symbiotes killed their hosts and were free from the control. Most of them have returned back to Hive.

But there were still some left who would be starting their journey soon. John would find one such symbiote and bond with it. This 'anti-Venom' type symbiote would be perfect for him. These symbiotes weren't afraid of heat and sound, thus Phoenix's power would have no effect on them and he could be the King with no obstacles. All he needed to do was convince the higher symbiotes who were on higher echelons.

Announcement
Read 200+ chapters on my patreon
23