619. King in Black (3)
445 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John seemed astonished for a second. He thought that he would have to convince the symbiotes to make him the King. More so because his power had always worked against their species. Even now, when the dragons came forward to talk with him, they didn't come too close to Johnny. It was only because of the anti-symbiote suit that he was still accepted here.

But then again, Eddie was chosen as the King without much thought. Since became the savior of the universe, he was given that position, not because he had the Venom symbiote from the start. In fact, when he fought against Knull, Eddie didn't have the Venom symbiote. When Light Force asked Eddie of which form he would prefer for the fight, he chose the Venom form. The Venom form during the fight had nothing to do with the Venom symbiote, who at that time was stuck at the Codex.

So John in this case, was more acceptable for the position of the King. He fought against Knull without any help from the Light Force and even had good relations with the host of the Light Force. Yhwach's powers were gravitated towards Knull and his attitude was questionable even to the symbiotes. He had the attitude of a person who was used to sitting in a very position for a long time.

John on the other hand was more on the humble side and on top of that he was a host to one of the Primary Gods. Now that the problem of heat was out of the equation he could easily be the next King in Black.

For all these reasons when John asked if he could be the King, the symbiotes were happy to offer him that position. As all the symbiotes admitted that John would be their new King. The symbiote that was attached to John went through a change. The prominent white color of its skin changed and the color black took over.

After a long tussle between black and white, over the body of John, a new symbiote form was born. One with a white colored suit for John with streaks of black lines over it and even a new form of the logos representing John's power and like Yhwach, John now had a black cape. A living cape that was waving at the non-existent wind. (Imagine the cape of Doctor Strange when he was dreaming walking over the zombie Strange).

He looked cool in that form. But it only lasted for a second before John took the symbiote inside his body and all of the suit and cape vanished. All of this had happened inside the Codex so John was still at the Pacific Ocean.

John opened his eyes after the ceremony had taken place and he finally took his position as the King in Black. He could feel that his life force was taken away to control all the symbiotes and bring all of the symbiotes that had been spread in the universe back to Klyntar.

Well, not all of them!!

Some of them would roam the universe and do good for the people. Not all symbiotes were sentient and they needed to be taken care of when they were born. So John as the King had to look over that. He would fulfil his task of being the King slowly when there is time and bring order to the chaos Knull had spread during his journey to Earth over countless galaxies and planets.

John had a smile on his face. The final result was what he had been hoping for a long time. He had been working tirelessly for this and now the position of King was in his hand. With this he could genuinely keep an eye on the multiverse. He might not have omnipotence but keeping a check of the multiverse events was all that he wished for. Especially when he had come across an enemy which he had no idea of.

This imbalance would surely create an enemy to compensate for what he had done and he needed eyes and ears everywhere. And symbiotes would be the best way to deal with it.

After seeing everything was working fine in his body, he vanished. He was back at the Avengers Tower. In a few hours it would be night and the party would start soon. Until then he could roam around the city and help with the repairing process and making sure that  everything was in order.

When he came out he saw the old New York, the one where he had grown up. Over the years, the New York of his world had changed a lot. The advancement of technology had changed the city and the New York he was seeing now was the old one.

It was pretty nostalgic for John as he walked around and helped the people.

Announcement
read 200+ chapters on my patreon
19