657. New technology
279 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For now focus on this story. Can we have a series out of it?" John asked.

"A series is possible but at the start there would be a lot of exposition. Many people might not like it." a member spoke out his mind. He was one of the executive producers of all the major movies in Disney. He had been in this industry for quite a long time and he had a general idea of what people liked and what they didn't.

"I know but you forget Star Wars too started the same way and they still went on to become a sensation. I know the thought of using exposition is a little bad but here we can't portray the full story. I know that this is a little annoying but we can only bank on the hope that the people would love the story which I am pretty sure they would. People have enough knowledge of all the villains and other stories that are prominent from the series of Justice League and other short animated series." John gave his own opinion.

Exposition in a movie is never encouraged as it just takes away the immersion but in order to portray the story of 'The Blackest Night' they would have to do it, no matter what.

The other members in the room also agreed to this. Though exposition was the negative point of the story but the story in itself was a great one. Kevin and others could already imagine the profit and money they would be able to get from this. All the members and producers here were basically billionaires. The profit from Disney was huge and John normally never cared about the wealth much and hardly took a big portion out of it. So the people in the higher position had a huge amount of profit.

But that didn't mean that John never cared about the low level employees. He had given them huge benefits and a salary that was incredibly high than the market standards. Seeing that Disney would always need help from different studios for Vfx, sound and other partners, John had set up independent studios of these and appointed deserving people on the top. Now there were three Vfx studios attached to Disney namely Digital Domain, Scanline and ILM (These are the real Vfx studios Disney normally ask for CGI purposes. They are responsible for most of the CGI that we see today.)

And like Vfx there were other studios attached to it. These studios even get orders from other studios too and that too raises a huge profit from all of it.

"Sir, this whole project will take a lot of time and multiple characters. Do you want the past characters to reprise the role?"

"Definitely, bring them all in no matter the price. Nostalgia is a huge business and use it to your greatest advantage. Can we finish the project fast?" John asked as he was thinking of finishing it fast. There was another important series on the queue.

"We can sir, ILM has come up with a way of using a 360 degree screen, instead of having green screen for Vfx so we have original background light and thus helping us in cinematography, direction and Vfx. This reduces the time by almost 50% and is much cheaper." (This technology is actually present today. Mandalorian has used the same way and even Avatar - The way of water will use the same technology)

"Hmm, then it's good. If you need space to work you can use the land here on the Ring for shooting. I will ask Guilty Spark to listen to you on this. Just don't invade the private property of others." John said as he was really in a hurry. It was as if his ass was on fire.

Kevin was both delighted and confused. Once upon a time John was like this. When Disney was established and the helm of Justice League was taken he had made the people work hard for his project. They thought at that time that it was because of the visitors from the multiverse.

Now again it felt like John was again in that same zone and he intended for people to work again at that same pace.

"Sir, are the people in the stories arriving?" Kevin asked in a very low tone. John heard that could already understand what Kevin and others were thinking so he replied.

"No. This story is important for the people of the Earth, not because the people from the story will arrive from the multiverse but because these stories will happen or already happened in the multiverse and the people should have knowledge."

"Knowledge of the story? But why? Is it required?"

John just shook his head as he refused to answer them. He didn't want to put people in panic by opening mouth where he was not supposed to say.

Announcement
Read 160+ chapters on my patreon
12