662. The jumbled story (2)
266 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John spent the rest of his time with their family for the whole day. He had come just to see Goku and how he was growing up but ended up receiving the hospitality of the family. Xu Wenwu had finally started to trust him a bit, though he still felt that John had an ulterior motive but he didn't point it out.

Years of immortality has given him a lot of knowledge and experience and he could easily that something was bothering John but he didn't bring it to light. At least not in front of family. John even stayed at their place as guest for a night and Ying Li insisted on it.

The next day, John had decided to follow Xu on his hunt trip (not pokemons) for the food which he usually does. Living at a secluded location meant that they needed to be self sufficient and hunting was one of the many necessary skills required.

John and Xu went for a hike on the mountains while Xu took a bow and quiver which contained arrows. Both were silent when they started the journey. Ying Li asked for John's help here because he felt that both of people needed to reconcile and hunting might help, though John could easily conjure food with magic but seeing the enthusiasm of Ying Li he accepted.

After half an hour of awkward silence on the hike, Xu finally spoke up

"Why are you here? Just to see Goku?"

John was taken aback by the direct question of Xu but at the end he replied

"Primarily yes. I wanted to see how he was growing up."

"You wanted to see how your weapon is growing. The Avengers want to know, isn't it?" Xu almost had a harsh tone when he asked that. Over the course of time he had accepted Goku as his own son and he didn't want any harm to come to his son. He knew that Goku being with them had a purpose and he might be someone who was reared as a weapon for the Avengers.

He had doubted that for a long time and as the days went by he was more sure of his assumption. John was silent with this question but he finally replied.

"Honestly when I left him here I didn't think much. We Avengers are really powerful at this point. We can destroy planets, galaxies as we see fit and even create ones when required. It should have been like this but something has happened. And we aren't sure if we save ourselves. I have said before, the Avengers doesn't know of his existence and it will remain that way, but if a day comes we will have to bring the child to light and he would have to help us. Even if you don't want your son to help us, there would be no other way. The fate of the multiverse would depend on it."

Xu was surprised by this answer. He had a very vague idea of how powerful Avengers were after the planets got reconstructed and it was all over the news. Even their own Earth changed in size. But he never expected that their power would be so crazy that even galaxies could be destroyed.

The crazier part was even after this the Avengers were living in some kind of fear!!! Xu got serious hearing the question. There was no reason for John to lie as he was powerful enough and he could always take away Goku. It meant that John only wished for proper truth to be communicated.

"Is the situation that serious?"

"As of now no. We are handling it but it can get real ugly real soon."

"Can we help?"

"If you wish to, why not? I will ask GAIA to keep you in contact and if we have an emergency we will call you. As of now you can make yourself and your family powerful as much as you can. I will also ask Umbrella to lend you a hand in this."

Xu nodded his head. As they were talking they noticed a full grown turkey from afar. Before the turkey could even blink and turn its head it was impaled a arrow. The arrow didn't come from Xu but by John who had killed it with one strike. Xu didn't even get the chance to bring out his bow.

Seeing that their 'food' was dead before he knew what happened showed how powerful John was and how better he was if he wanted to assassinate someone.

"I will be releasing new series in the next two years. Keep an eye on this. You will get an idea of what kind of problems we are facing." John said not even caring that he just killed a turkey.

"Problems? As in plural? And you releasing to masses. Wouldn't that cause panic?"

"Letting the people know is important. They can't be ignorant. And yes, it is plural."

Announcement
Read 150+ chapters on my patreon
11