666. The first visitor from outside the multiverse (2)
314 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man looked around for quite a bit before he finally laid his eyes on John.

"Oh dear. An omega class entity who has knowledge of multiple multiverses. Interesting." the man said. The others were surprised by the words of the man. They could easily understand that he was referring to John but they didn't understand what 'omega class entity' meant.

Probably a very powerful being. But that was the least of their thoughts right now. Everyone was thinking of only one kind.

Who was he?

Why was he here?

Why does he look so weird? It's as if he came from a civilization which doesn't have any blood and half robotics. And that fire on his head seemed like one of the aliens on the omnitrix of Ben 10.

John himself was bewildered for a bit. He didn't know who he was and he had to go through his memories to see who he was. And then it struck him. The person was present in only one issue of the comics. A person who did a survey on dying multiverses.

Dying multiverses!!

Shit!!

"The Chronicler. To what do I owe the pleasure?" John finally spoke out his mind.

"You know me? I don't remember meeting each other. My functions are acting normal. So you either know me from another source or my memories have been wiped out."

"I know you from another source....." John said and then he turned around and looked at everyone. He could see the curiosity in their faces but he couldn't answer them.

".... Guys, Please leave us. You all will be paid extra if you keep your mouth shut about it."

He was sure that this incentive wouldn't actually make their mouths shut but he tried to make sure that whatever these people had seen wouldn't spread too much. They know that Ring was working on AI so some people fear that the Ring would be able to tell their secrets, though such cases had never happened before.

Everyone slowly left the premises leaving John and the other being alone. He was called the Chronicler. He was sent from outside the multiverse. His book that he was carrying was called 'Codex omniversa'. It was a magical book which recorded the histories of the multiverse that he visits automatically.

The book was a powerful one as it could go though histories of multiple universes simultaneously on its own. It keeps the history. And Chronicler visits multiverses when it is on the verge of dying or in its last breath. The death of the multiverse doesn't mean like Black Winter. Black Winter just starts a cycle of decay and birth of the multiverse.

Here death of the multiverse meant that everything related to the multiverse would come to an end. And Chronicler arriving at their multiverse meant that their time had started ticking.

"Tell me about your multiverse." The Chronicler said.

"You can already read my memories through the book. Just read it."

The Chronicler was stunned by the words of John but didn't refute it. It seemed like the omega being entity that he just met really knew everything about him. The Phoenix who had been sleeping inside also came out to look into the creature that had just arrived. She could tell that this new person was powerful enough to threaten her so she didn't ask John to take any stand or oppose this creature. She would have to say how things turned out.

The Chronicler soon turned the pages of the book and looked into it. There was an awkward silence between them for quite a few minutes. John in order to alleviate the situation conjured two chairs so that both could sit down while he went through John's memories.

There was nothing that could stop Chronicler. He was an immensely powerful being and right now John didn't want any being who came from outside the multiverse as his enemy. Since his function was to go through histories and memories he would let him be.

Though it was a severe invasion of privacy, there was nothing that could be done.

After a few minutes of reading by Chronicler, he looked at John with a surprise on his face. He didn't even know where to begin and even his supreme book didn't have some pages.

There were missing pages on a being. That had never happened before. Missing pages meant the book couldn't extract some history or memory of the person. This was my first.

"Who are you?" The Chronicler finally asked. He knew who John was but he wanted to know who he was that wasn't written on the missing pages.

"You have read. Doesn't it say everything?" John was confused by his question. Chronicler could even bring the dead to life to extract history and memories as he did when he brought Metron to life just so that he could get his memories as he used to have the Mobius Chair.

Announcement
Read 150+ chapters on my patreon
14