672. Preparations
249 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was an eerie silence when John finished those words. What John just said just blew their minds. When John called everyone, many of them thought that he had been contacted by OAA or other supreme entities and it has given rise to new problems or even new cracks in the Wall.

But they never expected this.

A person from the Wall had arrived and they couldn't even see how he did it.

"What the hell are you talking about?" one person couldn't hold it together in this eerie silence and spoke up.

"You heard me right. I met him 2 days ago. Don't worry, the person who arrived was friendly and there was nothing that we could have done to stop his arrival. He is commissioned by the Wall to travel the multiverse and record different multiverses. More particularly dying multiverses. Yes, you heard me right... Dying multiverses... We don't have much to live."

John paused after saying this. There was silence again in the huge field. But it only lasted for a second and then a huge uproar occurred. John's words could be described as too blasphemous even for the heroes present. Only the leaders of the organisations were silent and had a gloomy look on their faces.

They had already expected this. Even after 3 months there had been no progress in their research and Reed even declared that it might even take him 100 years more to completely understand the wall and even then he wasn't sure if he would be able to repair the Wall.

This was a shock to many but the other scientist who accompanied him knew that whatever Reed said was true. Even Mayuri, who had so much arrogance worked with Reed to find a solution but there was none and all were just now trying to slow the process instead of repairing the Wall.

But it was still expanding and as the days went by, the crack was picking up pace.

"Silence." 616-Professor X spoke telepathically to everyone and forced them to calm down. There was too much noise. They needed to calm down and listen to John.

"The person who visited us goes by the name The Chronicler. As his name suggests he is given the role of writing down the stories of the multiverse in his book. That is his work and only visits the multiverse when it is in the verge of death. So going by the general assumption we are facing death. Death of the multiverse. But we can survive."

John stopped after saying this. He could see that his last sentence had brought hope back to the people present. They were looking at him with the hope that this person who had arranged such a huge meeting and even rallied their leaders to follow him might have a solution.

"There is a solution. To all of it. But for that we might have to fight for it. Fight for everything and only then we might be able to survive all of this."

There was murmur in the crowd this time. Professor X had given their body control back to them. He had only controlled them for a few seconds.

"We will fight till our death. I have my children waiting for me at home. I don't want to see their death in this lifetime. I would rather die first then see that. I will do anything to save the multiverse."

"I have my parents waiting for me at home. Dad might be a little pain in the ass sometimes but I will do anything possible to see them alive. I am in."

Such brave words were spoken by any and almost all of them volunteered. Since their leaders had vouched for John and many of them had seen how John had worked with them before, they trusted him. Actually most of them were grateful to him instead of harbouring hatred for him.

If John hadn't called all of them and informed them of their crisis, they would never have known. At least now they know and can act on it.  After seeing the Wall they were all motivated to work to save the multiverse. Or rather their own universe.

"Good, I am glad that you all are on board with it. Now comes the main point. All of you will have to start preparing for the War. The shinobi and the Seireitei world will be tasked for preparations. The science division of Seiretei will be tasked to work with the scientists of multiple worlds to make proper equipment. Our world has no shortage of money or rather our company doesn't have any shortage. The war will need capital and we have lots of it. The others will be asked to make preparations of their own and be on alert always. As we speak I am also working in multiple fronts to gain more support from wherever possible."

"Doubt not, this war will be a long and harsh one. Many might die, and even I might die. But I promise that we will do our best to save this multiverse."

Announcement
Read 140+ more words on my patreon
15