676. All the colors
218 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the meantime there was a different scenario on Oa. There was a huge change because a Guardian of their own had betrayed them.

Scar was his name.

Betrayal would be a little tough word to explain in this situation. He had betrayed the Guardians because he was being controlled by someone or something and thus he was forced to do that. He killed two of the Guardians and imprisoned all the other Guardians. But that was not all that was happening in the universe.

There was a war happening. A war which involved almost all the Lanterns and it was happening between each other. Every other Lantern was fighting all the other Lanterns. This was happening in every sector of the universe and there was nothing that could be done to stop this.

As the Lanterns were fighting among themselves, a dark power was rising in one sector of the universe. With this the first episode ended. This episode was basically an exposition for the story and showing at what point of time the storyline was.

Only thing that's constant in the series was chaos. Many superheroes were dead like Batman (Batman isn't exactly dead. He is being sent to the past and he is trying to get back to the present timeline. This happened because Darksied used Omega Beam on him in the Final Crisis. Final Crisis, the Blackest Night and the Darkest Night (Death metal) are all connected. I am not explaining Final Crisis as it is not important for the story and only the other two series are being explained here. Blackest Night is important because it is time that the most powerful Lanterns to rise).

The people who were watching had a sense of fear onto them. Even ordinary people. Until now there had been no permanent death among the Avengers. Now, this story had started in a very dark tone with their main hero Batman being dead.

This showed that even superheroes were not eternal.

Then the second episode started with many people gathering to mourn the death of many superheroes. In the meantime, Black Hand had gone totally insane. He had been obsessed with death to such heights that he went to his home to kill everyone in his family.

And if that wasn't enough, at the end he killed himself with the same weapon that he had been using all this time to cause horror and notorious works over time. And his death blew the final nail in the coffin.

His death gave rise to the connection of an old Entity that represented Death itself.

Nekron.

He was the person chosen to bring Nekron to this universe and thus he was given the power to wield the Black Lantern. The Black Lantern had a very unique power. The power to bring death to work for the Lantern Ring.

In other words, the Lantern Ring could turn a dead person into a zombie. A zombie which had all the characteristics of the dead person when he or she was alive. This changed everything. All the dead heroes that had been dead for a long time were coming back to life.

Superman from Earth 2 who had died long ago in the Final Crisis had risen from the dead (I am not sure where he died as there were so many versions of him that I don't remember).

Aquaman who had died had come back to life.

The Martian Manhunter who had died also came back to life.

Hawkman, Plastic Man ( Imagine Reed Richards) and many other superheroes who had died had come back to life.

And they were hunting for flesh and heart. Only that would satiate their hunger. Only by doing that the zombies would be more powerful, making the Lantern Rings more powerful and at the end providing more power to Nekron to fulfil what he was meant to do.

Death to the universe.

This was chaos all over with fights happening in every place and superheroes trying their best. Flash and Hal were fighting Martian Manhunter (his power is like Vision with weakness of fire and also a telepath).

Superman and his son were fighting Superman from Earth 2. Even his dog Krypto had joined this fight. (If you remember that cartoon show of Krypto the super dog)

It took 3 more episodes to portray all the fights between superheroes. Every superhero was given time to show their powers and fight till the end. It was blood all over and from the looks of it the superheroes were finding it difficult to stop this sudden invasion of zombies.

And top of it the other people were killing their fellow countrymen. The more people were facing death, the more the power of the Black Lantern was rising. Superman and other superheroes were able to stop their opponents but they could already see that their fight was far from over.

Announcement
Read 140+ more chapters on my patreon
10