684. Totality (2)
212 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Was that woman named Perpetua?" John asked.

Thanos's face finally had a reaction. His face showed fear and then a hint of surprise. He never expected that person who he considered as his eternal rival and an enemy that he must take down was the one who healed him and now it seemed like he knew about the woman who he had nothing but fear.

Then he remembered the words of John when they last met at the battlefield he spoke about powers that was beyond his imagination and things weren't as simple as it seemed like. All these years that he had passed inside the Wall made him remember John's words more and more.

And finally today he understood why John was right at that point. He was naive and thought about destroying half the population of the universe would solve each and every problem. The truth couldn't be much further than the fact.

Now he was back and he got to see the same face that he once hated. But surprisingly he was grateful seeing his face once again. What he had seen in the Wall made him realize that there were powers he wasn't ready to handle.

It would be fine if he died, but he wanted to do something useful for his multiverse. For its safety, so he stole the cube from the woman. And he was successful, albeit it came with a lot of pain and a a missing leg. He didn't care about it. He was a lost person anyways, and now the cube was in safe hands and from the looks of it, John had already known of the woman which mad it more easy for him.

"Yes. It was Perpetua." Thanos finally admitted after moving his eyes to look at John. He moved his eyes away the next second. He didn't deserve to look at John or the others present here. He was a failure. John who was looking at Thanos could vaguely understand what Thanos was thinking but he didn't mind.

"So if I am not wrong than this cube should be the Totality."

Thanos again nodded his head. John's speculation came true. This cube really was the Totality. The DC multiverse has 7 forces which govern the rules and laws of their multiverse. There was normal physics and everything normal of their multiverse but these 7 forces stood above them.

They were :

Anti-Crisis Energy,

Speed Force,

Emotional Spectrum (the Lantern Corps were powered by the Emotional Spectrum),

Life Force (the power which is wielded by the Atlanteans especially Aquaman and Mera),

Sphere of the Gods ( The power which is wielded by all the gods, both new and old which means it includes Zeus and Darksied both and even Angels and Demons),

Dimensional Superstructure (Wielded by the World Forger, Monitor and Anti-Monitor, they basically monitor all of creation),

Collective Consciousness ( wielded by the beings who have immense knowledge and wisdom. Lex Luthor, Batman have all been touched by this power) and lastly

Faithfulness ( it is the power that is generated by the goodness of people's hearts and called upon their heroic nature )

And it was always a known fact that there must always be a balance. The Totality was the balance. This cube had all the negative forces of DC multiverse stored within. This was made by the Hand in order to not let the 7 dark forces of the multiverse to wreak havoc. This was a prison for the 7 dark forces.

And now these 7 dark forces were now in his hand itching to be let loose. Thanos was right when he said that the cube should be secured in the deepest pits so that it could never see the light of the day. This Totality should have been in the DC multiverse bit it seemed like Thanos had changed its fate. Now he understood why there had been a change in the story of the DC multiverse because his handling of Thanos had changed a huge portion of the story.

John's presence was an anomaly which now affected two mutiverse and this was just the start. The Totality should have never come to their multiverse but since it was here they needed to secure it.

Meantime Thanos had gone back to sleep. He was still very much injured. Crisis Energy was not a small thing and Diana wasn't efficient in using Anti-Crisis Energy as of yet. She still didn't understand the essence of it so Thanos would have to suffer more. And from the looks of it Thanos didn't have any zeal to live further. John didn't say anything and he just left the room with others.

John knew of all the secrets so the others too followed him as they were curious of what this Totality was and why it should be sealed away forever. Some of them could feel the terrifying energy emitted by it but they didn't know what it was.

Announcement
Read 130+ more chapters on my patreon
12