697. First approach
185 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn. He is one grumpy old man." John thought when he first got the reply. The last time he met him was during his fight with Galactus. The Living Tribunal probably didn't like how he did things. But he had 3 personalities so nothing could be speculated correctly of him.

"I called him to be on the lookout. The first attack from the Wall has already been launched and the first person to be hit might be you." John warned the Living Tribunal. The Beyonders attacked all the abstract beings first during the secret wars and thus John needed to keep them. Any damage to the abstract would throw the multiverse off course so he needed to make sure everyone was safe.

There was silence again from the other side. After a few seconds the Living Tribunal finally said

"Is the enemy that powerful?"

"It's not a single enemy. You can specify them as a kind of species who does things for fun. I will advise all of the abstract beings to be together. They wouldn't be that powerful outside the Wall otherwise we would have already been dead. But if they lay a siege on you then it might be difficult to escape so I hope everyone is together and take my warning seriously. OAA had already asked me to call you for help. So this is me asking for help. Save yourselves. We will handle the rest." John said.

"I will call the others. If they don't listen then there is nothing I can do."

"If they die then it's on their shoulders not ours. If you think you are unsafe then come to the Ring. We will handle the rest. The enemies wouldn't dare come close to the Earth as it would interfere with their plan."

The Living Tribunal didn't reply to that and John could already sense that he had gone off the communication. He wasn't sure of how seriously the Living tribunal had taken his words or how the other abstract beings would take his words. John didn't care. The Wall would break one way or the other.

Which abstract beings will be alive? And which ones would die was already up in the air and there was no need to go beyond to save them. They didn't have that much energy to save their lords.

After warning them, John and Clark vanished from the Hall and had reached Barton Hills, Austin, Texas. The place where Owen lived and worked. They had taken the guises of normal people and walked up to the home of Owen. GAIA had already made arrangements so that there would be no police arrest or any kind of action from any security force.

Even SHIELD was told to back off long ago in the matters of Owen.

"GAIA is everything normal around?"

"Yes. You can go in." GAIA replied. John took a deep breath before he went to ring the bell at his apartment. Owen didn't have a family to live with and he lived alone. He was divorced and there was no child involved in the relationship.

"Be calm and let me start talking. You are not very good at socializing." Clark said as he rang the bell.

"Thanks Clark for the heads up." John said. This was true as he had always been a little introvert and he didn't like talking with people who didn't have any connection with him. Only his summons made him feel okay to be around them.

After waiting for a few seconds. The door finally opened slowly and a head popped out. The man looked like he was in 40s but the hair he had didn't go with his age. He had hair which could already be specified as someone who frequents an animecon.

Spiky green colored hair. This hair didn't look anything like the one they had seen in the picture. This was the first indication that Owen wasn't normal or he had been normal all this time but now he had been going through changes that were out of his control and character.

"Mr. Reese, hello. We are from the Ring. We would like to talk about something with you." Clark spoke the first words seeing the face of Reese.

"Ring? Are you the Avengers? Have you come to kill me?"

"Yes. Mr. Reese we are the Avengers but I didn't come here to kill. We just came here to talk to you and if you agree we can even let you join us." Clark said.

"Join you? But I just stabbed a guy on the streets an hour ago."

"We know Mr. Reese that you did that to catch our attention and you are probably scared. It was a good way to get revenge. I might have gone more crazy on them after what they did to you at the bar. You don't have to fear us Mr. Reese. We are here to help you and believe it or not, we have been searching for a person like you for such a long time."

Announcement
Read 120+ more chapters on my patreon
11