698. Madness
248 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reese had been having a hard time in the last 2 days. Out of nowhere he suddenly had visions of him standing in front of a huge chamber and there were many thrones surrounding the circular chamber.

It felt like he was here as an exhibition sample of the weird looking humanoid sitting on the thrones surrounding him. Reese could feel the disdain that these humanoid species had for him, and he felt angry when he saw that. He didn't know why but he just felt like going up and beating these aliens that suddenly appeared in his vision when he was at home.

And this vision didn't just stop there, the main alien who was sitting on the throne stood up and started giving him commands. Commands which made him feel like his whole world was crumbling down.

They wanted him to do a self suicide when the time was right. In the upcoming time all he needed to do was get accustomed to his new power and try to control his new gained powers. And later when the time was right the aliens would ask him for self sacrifice.

Reese was angry and confused. He never asked for powers or anything of that sort. He had a cute Aipom at his home that had been his partner for a long time. He was divorced because his love chose a career over him. He thought his love would be strong enough to maintain everything in a balanced state but her constant tours over the world had rendered him helpless and he could already see that there was a wedge between him and her.

And so at the end there was a divorce with mutual agreement and there was no money involved. But through all of that Aipom had been by his side and he was happy with his life and had no anger whatsoever for anyone.

The world has changed in the past few years. Better life, better way of living, better food, almost no pollution and people were happy with all the changes that the Avengers and Umbrella had brought upon them.

People idolised superheroes but those with little brains knew that it was the toughest job ever. They had seen a glimpse of what kind of enemies they had faced. Those huge giants that were bigger than their own solar system!!

The idolised them but they weren't stupid enough to want get a seat at the Hall of Justice. Reese had a good life with being a police officer. After the Pokemons came out, the crime was an alltime low. And after the change on Earth, their own place turned out to be a heaven.

No random murders, no random robbery or any of that sort. The crime rate was at an all time low and he had a happy career to pass his days by. In fact being a police officer was now a sought after job. Good pay and almost no work. He was lucky that he had the job before the changes took place.

But 2 days ago everything changed. At first he thought it was schizophrenia but when he sensed that he had telekinetic powers, he knew that whatever he had seen in his vision was true. He tried going back to his vision but it was inaccessible and only the mission in his head was ringing from time to time.

"Get powerful and commit suicide when you are being called upon."

This notion drove him to madness and thus he took the only measure he could think of. Get the attention of the Avengers. He could not get the phone number or email address of the members of the Avengers so all he could do was show his powers. He already knew that there was a global AI looking over everything.

So he went to the bar to create a brawl. He used his powers there but since he was new to it he was beaten down. But today he was able to have better control and so he went to take 'revenge' for yesterday and this time he made sure to get everything on camera. He had been waiting anxiously at home for the Avengers to arrive.

"Come in." Reese said as he could vaguely understand that the Avengers had anticipated what happened to him. Their words were warm and had no malice. He felt relieved as he felt that the way he hurt those people might have rubbed the Avengers in a bad way but it didn't seem like it.

Reese opened the door and two strong looking men entered his home. Reese took them to the couch and both the men sat.

One among them was famous.

John Jameson. The rumoured Phoenix.

And another man who had a body fit to be a god among humans. This guy was either Batman or Superman and from his behavior it was probably Superman. He looked warm and amiable. Looking at him made everyone seem like they were looking at a warm sun.

Announcement
Read 120 chapters ahead on my patreon
11