699. First attack
194 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mr. Reese, can you tell me what had happened to you recently that you had to take such a drastic decision and had to commit crime just so that you could get our attention?" Clark asked. He needed to be as formal as possible and wanted to keep everything calm.

Reese then proceeded to tell him about the visions and the powers he suddenly gained and after hesitating for a bit he spoke about the suicide he was asked to do. Clark had been very forthcoming and calm in all of his questions and whenever he asked any doubts of his he had been cheerful.

So Reese felt comfortable. And on top of this John had the aura of king which made others believe that he was someone that one could put their trust on. John after listening to Reese already knew that the Beyonders were able to send their powers to him and all the versions of his over the multiverse.

"We understand what you are going through. They can't directly control you. If you follow our instructions then that voice in your head which is guiding you to commit suicide at the end could be stopped. You just need to be forthcoming with us. We will try our best and at the end we can even give you the power to overthrow the people who did it. You said you hated those people on the thrones. Right? Then we will do our best so that those people on the throne will be brought down." John spoke up for the first time.

"They looked powerful. Can you all defeat them?" Reese asked in little fear.

"Of course. We have you. We have all the means to defeat them. You have seen how powerful we are on TV didn't you?" John reassured him.

"I know but due to my power awakening at that time I could also feel their power. Godlike might be a word to represent them." Reese was still in fear of the visions. He was already suffering from PTSD from what he had seen.

John didn't care about his mental trauma which he was facing right now. All he cared about was how Reese viewed humanity. The more unstable he was , the more it would have been problematic to control. But now it seemed like Reese was more stable. GAIA had informed John about his past and it could be seen that Reese was a person who had a good view of the society and wouldn't want to cause any harm to anyone just out of free will.

"Reese, now we will take you to the Hall of Justice. Is that okay with you?" Clark asked.

"Yes. I am fine even if you lock me up in a prison. I don't want to commit suicide or follow their instructions. I just hope you will treat me well. I am not so good with pain." Reese said in a meek tone. He was not ready to commit suicide just so that some beings asked him to. So he wanted himself to be under maximum security, after all nobody would want to die.

"No. Mr. Reese, you will be our weapon in this fight. Don't worry. It will be all fine soon." John said as the 3 vanished from the room with Aipom who was lying on the shoulder of Reese.

Reese was startled seeing such a change of scenery out of the blue. He saw that he was in huge hall with people sitting around a round table. There were many people looking at him in curiosity and interest. He felt like he was back in his visions but this time it was human.

The only silver lining in this regard was that the humans had a different view of himself from the ones he had seen in his vision.

"Welcome to the Hall of Justice Mr. Reese, we have been waiting for you." Tony stood up and welcomed him with a warm smile. He didn't show any malice or mockery. Everyone here was warned multiple times about this, though they didn't understand the reason.

Soon a chair conjured up out of nowhere allowing Reese to sit in the middle while John and Clark took their older seats.

"Thor, Strange ... It is better you are present for what I am about to say." John suddenly had empty air. Thor and Strange normally don't move their assess. They use their omnipotence to look into discussions and situations.

But John had called them out so they appeared the next second. There were two empty seats at the Hall and both of them directly appeared there. Reese, who was looking at all of this, was surprised. The average people almost didn't know anything about the Avengers.

Some of their identities were made public but that was it. Nothing more was known. And now two people including him just appeared out of nowhere.

Announcement
Read 110 + chapters on my patreon
12