700. First attack (2)
170 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For a long time many have been curious as to why Owen Reese is very important for the safety of the multiverse. I have repeatedly asked for an eye on each of the Owen Reese. It is because Owen is chosen by the Beyonders, a species of super powered beings from the Wall. And they have only one purpose. Destruction of the multiverse. And Owen is the way to do it."

There was complete silence in the Hall. All this time he had given hints about Owen but never explained much. But the topic 'destruction of the multiverse' woke them up.

"How is Owen responsible for this?"

"The species who are attacking us in a stealthy way are known as Beyonders. They come from the Wall or that is what I think. They are here to destroy the multiverse with one large bang. Owen is their weapon. If any Owen from any universe commits suicide it will destroy Earth. And destruction of a single Earth will destroy every consecutive Earth in the multiverse. Essentially killing everything, because with one destruction of Earth, their universe will just crumble upon itself."

"Wait, you mean every Earth is connected in the multiverse?" Banner asked.

"Yes. Why else do you think Spiderman is always chosen from Earth and not from other planets?"

"So the loss of one Earth will just kill everything?"

"One Earth and we are doomed."

"Then how shall we stop it?"

"It's simple. We use their own weapons against them." John replied.

"How?"

"If we kill a sufficient number of Owen from the multiverse and give their powers to Owen here, we will have our weapon with which we can kill the Beyonders. Once we have the powers of the Beyonders, we can stop their mission." John said.

"So Owen here can suck the power of other Owens and even the Beyonders?" Clark asked.

"Yes." John replied. The other Avengers went into contemplation while Reese was hyperventilating. When he came here he just thought that some random super powered beings were interested in his life or his body and that was the reason they wanted him to commit suicide.

But this!!!

What is this?

Suicide? Destruction of Earth? Destruction of the multiverse? What the hell did he put his hands into?

And now these people were thinking of making him a weapon? A weapon to kill the ones who gave him power and even seize the power? Isn't that just suicide? Did he have a choice?

"So we will have to travel to the multiverse in search of Owen and kill them?" Clark asked as he felt a little disgusted at the thoughts of killing innocents.

"Some have to be killed because most of the Reese in the multiverse are either mentally sick or a criminal. If an Owen in the multiverse is innocent, then we will just suck his power away and if he is a criminal we will suck his power and kill him. And if we can't do that on a live person then we will just leave. We don't need countless numbers of Owen to defeat the Beyonders. We have our own powers and with Owen it will be easier." John suggested.

"So we need to take Owen and travel the multiverse and collect more power?" Professor X asked as he wore his helmet and looked around.

"This is the plan."

"Who will go to the multiverse?" Many raised their hands when John said that but he himself didn't. He had work here to do and he felt that since Doom was able to do it successfully, his own summons and the Avengers would be enough to handle Owen.

Owen wasn't apt enough with his power yet so it was easier for everyone.

"Mr. Reese, now the decision lies on you. Do you want to be our weapon or do you want to live a normal life?" Clark asked this time to the person who was in the center of everything.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Of course you have a choice. John here has already mentioned that each and every version of you out there has been activated. I am sure many of you out there are like you. Peaceful and just want to live their life. We can choose one of them and make him our weapon. I am sure at least one version of you will accept the deal."

Now Reese was contemplating. What Clark said was true, he could easily give away his power to the other Reese, supposing whatever John said was the truth. And if that was done he would be free and would be able to go back to normal life. But does he want to? Now he was in the Hall and got to see these amazing people around.

People who he had never seen before on TV. He even got to see Yamamoto and the 5 kages. This was amazing. Even the Shinigami and Naruto worlds were real. He had watched their anime so he knew who they were.

Announcement
Read 110+ more chapters on my patreon
13