730. Plans (3)
125 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clark gave out a sigh when Wayne and others came to this decision. He had been trying not to spill blood when they carried out their missions and work but there was nothing that could be done to avoid it.

After all the the existence of the multiverse took precedence.

Orochimaru then pitched the idea of how his small but effective team would proceed and take action. John and others gave pointers on what to avoid in their search and mask their presence. Reed would help them with a better suit.

The discussion went on for one more hour with the Living Tribunal's promise that before the team leaves he would personally give some powers to the team for their protection and hope of successful return.

After the discussion, everyone went for their own work while John just went home with Emma. Emma was given leave from the Green Lantern Corps and being the senior most officer and the Corps have finally expanded to a huge number she was give the sector which belonged to Earth. Hal Jordan and Emma W Jameson would be the new protectors of the sector.

Earth has been the hot bed for troubles in recent times so while on the Harvester, the Guardians had decided to ramp up the protection of Earth and it's sector. Though Oa always has an army at its disposal, the army was mostly made of robots and new Lantern recruits. Having a senior officer was much better.

John took a day off after his return. Even his dad felt that something was wrong with his son, so he came to the House to pay a visit. Though John didn't elaborate the problems, he too could feel that the Avengers have encountered a tough opponent.

But he didn't give any advice. The least John needed now was advice. He had enough of that in his life. What he needed now was just assurance that everything would be alright. Even Phoenix, who didn't like to speak much, had come out and told John to man up and just face the world instead of trying to save everything and relying on his dream-like powers.

Though john did understand that he still wanted to save everyone. He didn't want a battleworld like situation after the break of the multiverse. Though he would have enough power by then to restart the multiverse with the help of Franklin Richards (son of Reed Richards, one of the most powerful mutants if not the most powerful mutant, he essentially restarted the multiverse with the help of Owen after God Doom died. So he is responsible for the new continuity of marvel multiverse that we are seeing and reading now).

But it would mean the death of the existing multiverse and restarting everything. 99.9% of the people would not even remember what had happened and they would be easily brought back. But those who do remember the previous death, they would be scarred for life. And john wanted to avoid that. The pain, the death of trillions of people.

And now if the the Wall breaks in the future, they wouldn't even know if restarting the multiverse was possible or not. So John wanted to avoid this by any chance possible.

And killing this new sorcerer would be the start. They had a few months for preparation and then they would be ready to launch the war that would define their existence. Jameson had no idea of how deep the waters were for the Avengers but he hoped that everything would be back to normal as soon as possible.

"Son, do we need to alert the people of the Earth and the galaxy?" Jameson asked. Now Earth was in contact with many sentient life forms in the universe and in fact the Milky Way galaxy was the playground of Earth right now. The World Council had been expanding their reach like crazy and due to the indulgence of the World Council on this, SHIELD had more freedom to work than before.

In fact SHIELD had even asked for help from the Soul Society in recruiting members and John had allowed that to happen. SHIELD was always under the control of John.

"No, saying anything would just trigger a panic. And no amount of help would remedy the situation we are facing right now." Emma gave no even before John could reject such an idea of informing people to be armed.

"Alright. If you do need any help, ask me. I maybe old and senile but I can manipulate people more than you kid." Jameson said with a laugh.

"I don't manipulate people." John denied and lied meanwhile.

"I am the father. Father of the famous John Jameson. Who are you lying to?" Jameson laughed and walked out without listening to John. John just smiled at it. Jameson had always known that his son has always manipulated things and people around in order to have a peaceful life. And he wasn't against it. As long as it didn't hurt anyone.

Announcement
Read 80+ chapters on my patreon
9