743. Contingency
89 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The series had finally ended and since it was a weekend most of the people binged watched the whole series in 1 day. The reception of the series was immense. It had set a new record for the number of viewers in an OTT platform for the first with millions watching at a single time. Netflix almost crashed just by the sheer number of viewers at a single moment.

Disney was very happy seeing the response and even on a universal level the response has been great. People loved the series and even though it was dark, it was loved by everyone despite getting rated R by the authorities.

But that was fine. Being an OTT platform many underage boys and girls went on and watched it illegally. That too was a controversy later but since it was Disney the controversy was only online and no proper traction was given to this matter.

Meanwhile, John was receiving massive amounts of fan value daily and he was feeding to the power of Goku and Superman. These two were getting immensely powerful. Though Goku wasn't Super Saiyan yet, his power level has almost reached the level when he fought Vegeta after his training.

So that in itself was a huge plus point. Xu and others were a little surprised about how a young Goku almost reached the power level of his older times but they didn't pry more as Goku himself didn't know how this happened.

Anyways the family of 5 were super happy about it and didn't care much. Xu had been invited at times at the Ring to talk with the other members. Except for Wayne, none of the other members knew his past so everyone received him and his family heartily. Only Wayne knew of his past and he didn't disclose like John.

Though others could feel that something was wrong with the family who was raising their 'secret weapon' but since John and Wayne had no objections they didn't ask more and just let the family be.

After the premiere John went to meet Reed of 616. He needed to see if the contingency plan was on the right track!! Yes, John had a secret contingency plan if the hell breaks loose and the multiverse collapses.

"Reed, is the Ring and the Harvester sustainable?" John asked.

"I have checked the structure of the Ring, There must be other models made in replica of this Ring so that it could be attached to other Rings. Yes?" Reed asked. John was a little surprised by Reed's words as he had already found out about the real structure of the Ring.

"The Ring was made to kill every sentient being which had a nervous system in order to kill a zombie type disease. And you are right, this Ring was one of the many Rings made and it could be attached to what can only be described as the Alpha Ring." John said.

"A zombie disease? Sounds terrifying. But you want to use this Ring in case the multiverse collapses and make this Ring as the safe haven? What about the people who would die on the multiverse?" Reed asked and unlike others he still maintained a calm face while speaking of the death of trillions of people out there.

"We will restart the multiverse if there is a collapse. If it collapses with the other multiverse we will restart it together with the other multiverse. Though I don't think we will have enough energy to do that."

"Yes. I have studied Owen's energy levels. He can't support 2 multiverses." Reed said.

"So we will have to get more energy. Perpetua would be a good battery supposing we don't lose her. My dreams told me that she was alive out there somewhere so we will have to move fast and bring her to our own convenience."

"That is not something that is in our control."

"But the Ring will survive in the void. Yes?" John asked.

"The normal operations will be online but none can go out on land to live. Only on the lower levels is it possible and right now I am working on a proper invisible shield so that we can use it on the Void."

"Good. You can cooperate with Guilty and GAIA for further research. Does the other Reed know of our plans?" John asked.

"No, only we two know of this deal. I basically put my family on the line for this. I hope what you say of my son is the truth or else we would truly be in dire straits if we make a mistake of the thing that you have said."

"Have faith in your son Reed. He is probably the most powerful mutant ever to be born in your universe as of yet."

"Yeah, But being a dad I just can't think the same about Franklin."

Announcement
Read 70+ chapters on my patreon
8