27 – Friends till the end
3.8k 9 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“~♪F is for having lots of Fun!♪♪

R is for the Respect we have♪♪

I is for how much you Inspire me!~”

“Mina… what are we doing?”

In case you are wondering what’s happening, I have no clue either. After the entire battle, Mina healed both me and Lu-chan fully and now… she grabbed our hands and started singing something weird and waving all over the place.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m singing the FRIENDS song! Mou… I worked really hard on it, so let’s all sing together!!”

“Yufi… should we…”(Luvia)

“We got no choice… sing along, Lu-chan…”

“Yaay!! Now all together!”

Thankfully enough it was a short song. Seriously, I’m starting to doubt that she is a Divine General again. Everything that was scary about her has vanished.We ended up singing this made up song of hers. She seemed really happy. You know, there are easier ways to make friends. You don’t need to put them through a near death experience. Eventually she settled down.

“So now that we’re friends, what are you 2 doing here? Luvelia is a dangerous place.”

“We’re mercenaries and we came here to deliver a letter. Speaking of it… is it still intact, Lu-chan?”

“Yeah. I stored it in a dimensional pocket so it didn’t get damaged.”

That’s a handy skill. I tried many times to access the in game inventory I used to have, but seems the Goddess didn’t give me one. Of course, Lu-chan’s dimensional pocket can only store small items. It isn’t infinite.

“That means you probably want to get to the nearest village. I was surprised myself that this continent had villages. After all, the stories say that this place is harsh, but I guess you can’t judge a book by its cover. Anyway, I can guide you there.”(Mina)

I scratched my head and eventually gave up. It seems she really means us no more harm. The worst has passed. Or so I thought. I wanted to take a closer step towards her. But then, Mina’s silver aura once again gushed out. It was once again filled with killing intent, however it wasn’t directed at us. I looked behind and a powerful spear of light was heading straight for us. Mina quickly put herself in the way and brushed it away like it was nothing.

“—-Don’t you dare lay a hand on them, Cornelia.”(Mina)

That killing intent was not towards us, but towards the person that was standing behind us

“It looked like you were having a tough battle so I came to help you, you know?”

“Wh, who is it?…….”(Yufi)

As I turned to look back, a woman I had never seen was standing there.

“2nd Divine General Cornelia; the great me shall kill you so be grateful alright!?”

The fuck!? Another one? Is this supposed to be their hang out place or something? This new Divine General was actually implemented in the game. Cornelia was the most brutal out of them. She didn’t hesitate to command the players via the story questline to purge an entire town, which was later revealed that it was innocent. And now, she’s taking step after step towards us.

“I told you not to lay a hand on them, didn’t I? Just go back obediently, Cornelia.”(Mina)

“Haa? Are you serious? Why do I have to let them go? A human and a demon… that picture is just wrong. If you see any signs of corruption you’re supposed to deal with them at that very instant right?”(Cornelia)

“They aren’t bad people. I felt their emotions and hearts as we fought. They are my friends now.”

“They’re not bad? Clearly your judgment is wrong. That red haired one just summoned Efreet earlier. A summon that only Leon-sama should be able to control. Yet you say they aren’t bad? There’s clearly something unholy happening with them.”

Killing intent and magical energy flew from both sides suddenly.

It was an explosive situation. Mina really seems to be on our side.

“Anyway, why are you here, Cornelia?”

“For you, of course. I’m here to take you to Victorias kingdom. You are to head there and prepare for your next mission. Leon-sama will fill you in. But… those girls really are ticking me off for some reason. Shall I kill them after all?”

“I just said that’s not allowed. Now c’mon, quickly put away your armaments already.”

“You really are talking as this doesn’t concern you at all. What will the others think if they saw you like this?”

“I’ll be fine. Leon-sama, as well as the Goddess will completely forgive me ‘kay?”

“I am definitely not convinced with that!!”

Mina let out a big sigh and then turned her head towards us.

"Hey, Yufi, Lu-chan, I'm sorry, but I gotta say goodbye for now. She won't back down no matter what… so… I have to chase her away."

With those words she vanished. Does she have something similar to my [Rift Walk]? Regardless of the answer she suddenly appeared behind the woman Cornelia and immediately grabbed her, trying to restrain her.

"Are you out of your mind, Mina? Let me go!!"

"Not happening. I won't let you hurt them, so you're coming with me!"

A magic formation appeared at Mina's feet. That's [Dimensional Warp]! The same one as Lu-chan's. So she's planning to take her somewhere else.

"Girls, once again, sorry for this abrupt goodbye, but I'm sure we'll see each other again. Friends always find one another! Do your best, okay?"

"Mina… I'll definitely scold you for this!!"(Cornelia)

And with that, both of them vanished into particles of light who knows where.

"Are we safe now, Yufi?"

"I think so."

All this pain in the ass isn't worth the trouble of delivering this damn letter. We did make a friend I guess, but it feels like our place really doesn't belong here.

"What's next Yufi?"

"What else. We continue on the road like she told us to reach the village. This continent didn't leave a good impression on me in the slightest."

For now, getting to a village sounds good. I want a bed, food and a warm bath to clear my mind. So much shit happened that my mind isn't working anymore.

133