30 – Cat’s Tail
3.9k 14 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A youthful and energetic woman was looking at the bulletin board in the adventures guild. She picked up a quest.

Quest type: Subjugate basilisk couple

Difficulty level: B

Reward: 300 gold coins, 100 gold coins upon the subjugation of just one

Time limit: By the next full moon

Details: New basilisks have started acting in the caverns near the eastern high roads. The couple this time are very big ones, rare to find in recent years. 

"Ooo, I'm fired up! A girl needs to fight a dragon! Someone like me needs an equally strong prey!"

"There you go again, Leona. Don't you think this is a bit too much?"

The voice of reason came from a man with short black hair, and expensive looking gear. 

"Don't be so gloomy Gil."

His name was Gilbert Lutus Aeonia. Son of the prime minister, who was also the king's brother. Given his father's status, he is treated as royalty, having the title of prince.

"Sara, say something!"

The woman named Sara, was wearing a battle gear resembling a mix between a ninja and a traditional maid uniform. She was Gilbert's personal bodyguard assigned by his father.

"I would rather not get involved in this."

"Haha! Leona is right. I'm always up to get my hands dirty."

Lagos the tall man was the next one that spoke. Including the top of his pointy golden hair, he can easily be 2 metres tall, it's just as you think, this guy is a friggin giant strength-type person.

He's lacking in magic, but as for the swordsmanship he has already reached first-class level, in a normal sword battle with any knight he can easily win.

"You're really a stifling idiot......worst, just go and die."

Cold stares and words strike at Lagos. The person who said is a slender beautiful girl with eerie violet long hair, the eyes behind her glasses are also the same violet which reminds one of some sort of deadly poison.

"Eh… what, Violet, you're against it?"

"I'm in favor of the quest itself, I can get new materials after all; it's really interesting. I just don't like your attitude."

"Aren't you going to ask me as well?"

The man who spoke had the most expensive geare. A true paladin in all it's splendor. A young and beautiful man with pure silver short hair and deep blue eyes. The king's son, Julius Lutus Aeonia.

"Aww, come Jules, we can handle it!" (Leona)

"There's no talking you out of it, is there?"(Julius)

Julius the paladin, Leona the archer, Lagos the swordman, Violet the witch. The top adventures in Aeonia kingdom. Members of the party Cats Tail. 

"You guys are killing me… Even though you are a rank 4 party, but isn't that dangerous? Why not take this goblin extermination quest? It may seem small but their numbers are a big deal."(Gilbert)

"Don't worry, no matter who is against us we will somehow get through it!"(Lagos)

"Don't put us together with weaker guys like you, cousin. Even without having you worry about us, we can defeat something like a basilisk."(Julius)

"......I see."(Gilbert)

"Speaking of our party, did Nana show up yet?"(Violet)

"She’s late!”(Julius)

"Calm down, you big siscon.”(Lagos)

“Say that again and I’ll punch you in the face.”

“But he has a point. She’s a big girl now. I’m sure she’ll be here soon.”(Gilbert)

"Look over there. She's coming now."(Violet)

Nana having the figure of angels drawn in ancient paintings rushes over while smiling and swaying her big breasts which are quite not suitable for someone her age. A truly busty elf.

"Nana! You’re finally here. Your brother was almost ready to flip the table."

“Shut up! I was perfectly calm. I knew there was nothing to worry. After all, Nana has the worst sense of direction, so I knew she would be late.”

Stares…

"Hello everyone. Sorry for being late. Oh, if it isn't Prince Gilbert, what a coincidence."(Nana)

"Geez, where were you loitering?"(Julius)

"I'm sorry, big brother, but I had a really wonderful meeting."(Nana)

"Did anyone try to hurt you? I really don't like when you go to the lower level."(Julius)

"I'm fine. There was a little ruckus, but someone else took care of it. If anything… I feel refreshed for a change and highly motivated now."(Nana)

Nanael Lutus Aeonia. The Princess of Aeonia and Julius' younger sister. They are not related by blood. Nanael is the result of the king's one and only affair. However, Nana, even when she was a baby, was so charming that everyone fell in love with her. Even the Queen treated her as her own child.

Needles to say, Julius also has great affection for her. And she is the fifth member of Cats Tail. She always feels inferior compared to the others because she does a mix between support and offense. A magical swordsman with extremely potent heals. 

She could have definitely handled the 3 men at the inn. Nowhere near as easy as Yufine, but she could have fended them off. Yet, for once it was refreshing to not be treated as a princess, and instead be treated like a normal girl.

People often wonder why did the king allow his children to become adventurers. The reason is that the king had to face many enemies when he established this country. Politics is one thing, but strength and warfare is also needed. So he gave his children special gear and allowed them to form parties and go on various quests.

Of course, the king wouldn’t allow anything to happen to his kids, so he also had a few members of his stealth force watch over them from the shadow. The King wanted his kids to get independent and face various obstacles head on, so they can be prepared for any situation in life. Leona, Lagos and Violet were childhood friends of the duo royal heads. They weren’t nobles. More like they were hired to play and grow up with Julius and Nana.

"Well, now that we're all here, let's do this!! Cats Tail's next quest is the subjugation of basilisks!!"(Leona)

"If this quest is successful, we'll be one step closer in reaching the highest rank, Rank 5!!"(Lagos)

123