32 – The Day dreaming prince
3.3k 8 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I have the blood of the Sword King Randalph Lutus Aeonia in me, the great man owning the white holy sword and forbidden black magic. I am Gilbert Lu—!”

“Dodge it you moron!”

A rusted iron sword in a goblin's hand is swung towards the slim male, wearing a red mantle.

“Daaaaaaaa!?”

Stopping naming himself in the middle, he does a forward somersault with all his power to evade the sword. This boy is Prince Gilbert Lutus Aeonia, son of the prime minister, the king's brother.

“You son of a bitch! To actually attack without hesitation while someone is naming themselves, you really are a rude savage!”

“It's not a savage but a monster, you're a big idiot to expect it to show manners.”

From behind Gilbert's back, a refreshing beautiful voice came.

Its owner is a young woman wearing a mix of clothes between a ninja’s battle gear and a maid’s uniform. She is one of the few that are allowed to use such a tone towards the prince. 

“Very well, in that case to this savage knight, I shall――”

“It's just a normal goblin!”

“I will teach you the etiquette of how nobles fight! You shall be educated by this great man owning the white holy sword and…!?”

Once again the powerful slash of the goblin assaulted Gilbert who was howling at it while pointing his finger. And, once again he did a front somersault with full strength to evade the attack.

“You attack me not once but twice using foul techniques...... I won't forgive you, definitely not!”

As if giving a reply, the goblin only growled and spit saliva all over.

“Here we go, you barbarian knight!!”

“Gill-sama, work hard. Also, for the last time, that's a goblin.”

Gilbert takes out the rapier made of mithril from the scabbard hanging on his waist, though in a very textbook style, he took a clumsy stance and faced the rogue goblin.

“Haaaaaa, in response to my call, reveal your true form, Holy Sword Vulcan!”

With an indifferent expression, the maid known as Sara could only reply in a monotone voice.

“It's only a normal Mithril Rapier.”

“And take this! The secret martial skill passed down to me, Final Heavenly Thrust of the Angels!!”

“That’s just a normal [Impact Thrust] skill.”

The voice of the boorish maid can't be heard! Using his Mithril Rapier, Prince Gilbert charged at the goblin.

Though it did reveal the might of martial skill, the straightforward swordsmanship was just too easy to understand and couldn't surpass Goblins reflexes.

With high agility like that of a monkey, the goblin evaded the slash attack with a side step and tried attacking the Prince.

“It evadeddd! Nuooooo!!”

From that moment onwards, without any martial skills or sword techniques, it changed into a competition of random sword swings between the 2.

.

.

.

“Fuu, it was quite good, you nameless barbarian.”

Like that, Gilbert observes the goblin who is now lying on the ground without moving even a bit.

“For you have this much hard time against just one goblin, as expected of Gil-sama.”

While revealing a brutal light in her pale light blue eyes, the maid gives her remark to her master.

“That's right praise me Sara, I haven't released even half of my true power! Fuhahahahaha!!”

“It wasn’t a praise. Work harder you idiot if you ever want to hold your own as a man.”

“Well then, let's search for more goblins. We don’t have to kill the nest, but picking up one here and there is good for practice.”

Sara, the maid in an indifferent fashion, turns around and starts running on the mountain road; her movement is like that of a pair of wings helping her.

“W-Wait! Don't leave your Master who you pledged your loyalty to!!”

Before he lost sight of her, Gilbert, in a panic, started chasing behind the maid who had run before him.

.

.

.

Sara has stopped and hid in some bushes, but Gil is doubtful as to why she has stopped here.

There is no way she would stop for him, she is the maid who doesn't give a fuck about her master, or so Gil is thinking. After all, her true loyalty lies with his father. She’s only the Prince’s babysitter. Nevertheless, Gil treats her as his closest friend, and although she is harsh with him, she still cares for Gil in her own way.

*Pant*......*Heavy Pant* 

“What happened, stopping here,did something――”

Sara turns back in a second, and shuts Gil's mouth with the dress glove she is wearing on her hands.

“Nnnh!? Nn, NNMU~!!”

“Keep quiet, and look at that.”

Upon being urged by Sara, Gilbert rides her urge and looks on the other side of bushes.

Goblins. Did they plan a coordinated ambush? They are surrounded. If they were to make a move now, they would definitely be spotted.

“Sara… are we doomed?”

“No, idiot. Look closer. Right near the place that used to be the entrance to the temple.”

Gil suddenly noticed, there is a lone woman present there.

“Why is a woman like that alone!? Are those other girls on top of the pillars her party members? Why aren’t they lifting a finger? Did they get scared?”

Inside his heart, a burning justice erupts from Gilbert. He can’t turn his back towards such a scene.

“Not good, we have to save her before it is too late!”

“If you jump in there, you will die. There are too many goblins and you lack the experience.”

“Please, Sara, save her! I can't be useful in a fight, but you can fight against 100 goblins, right? That's why please, I will pay you extra… just get her out of there.”

Sara heaves a small sigh, seeing him requesting to aid someone of lower class than him, and mutters:

“Good Grief, only at times like these you actually act like a cool person. Understood, let's save her.”

“Whoa, Really?”

“But, now that I can get a better look――”

Sara points once again at the woman with red hair who just pulled out her greatsword and declares with confidence.

“――I don't think she will need any help.”

“Ha?”

Gilbert widened his eyes in surprise, but the next moment he understood the meaning of Sara's words.

“――Wha!? Am I witnessing?”

The woman assaulted the goblins coming at her from all four sides.

.

.

.

Heaps of corpses, the scene that can't be explained otherwise was spread below. There are corpses of goblins spread everywhere, spurting out the entrails and blood in a flashy manner, not even one is a complete body with every part present.

And, the figure of the woman who created this hell with just one greatsword, was now dyed in blood.

“As expected, there was no need to save her.”

The single woman cut down the flood of goblins coming from all directions. With just one swing, the torso, hands, legs, and heads are dissected.

“That woman… she has the aura of a Valkyrie but at the same time… is a berserker… something out of a horror story. Ku, Fufufu......Fuahahahahahahaha! That's right, that woman is the Nightmare Valkyrie.”

“Sigh, is that so? Calling a lady like that is not polite.”

“She's Awesome, She's Cool, that Nightmare Valkyrie!”

“Did you get high after seeing a stimulating fight...... baka. Let’s go. We aren’t going to interact with her.”

Sara, while sighing heavily that she can't handle him anymore, had to listen now to the legendary stories of the Nightmare Valkyrie that Gilbert’s mind is fabricating.

131