69 – Yufine and Miyuki
1.8k 5 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah, this is more tiring than I thought.”

“I know, nee-chan, but we are not ready to launch a large-scale attack at this point.”

So far we managed to repel each and every attack that came our way. But by just defending we will be at a standstill. It won’t take long before a larger force will be sent. They might try cutting off our supplies or sending assassins for Lotte. Wouldn’t be the first time, but Iris is actually skilled at sensing vibrations in the air, so the previous ones were easily eliminated.

“Your Highness, Yufi, we have an unusual guest. Would the both of you be willing to see him?” (Nana)

That’s weird. Nana usually manages to handle these sorts of meetings, so if she says we should meet him, it must be something important. Both me and Lotte nodded and asked Nana to bring him before us. A rather peculiar demon appeared. He was missing his left arm and has a rather volcanic body. He immediately bowed before us.

“Your Highness, Lieselotte Dragulia, it is a great honor to finally meet you. You might not recall me, but I am Magnus. I was once rank number 5 amongst the demons during your fathers rule. I wish to offer myself in your service.”

Hou? Now this is getting interesting. I took a glance at Lotte, but she doesn’t recall this person. Regardless, his story was something that ticked me.

“And why would you, a former rank, want to serve under me?” (Lotte)

“The current Demon King is a maniac. He twisted the mind of the ranks to follow his ambition. He only cares about himself. He wants only one thing. Absolute power and immortality. He is going to drive the race into extinction. I can also give you a vital piece of information. Someone, the human king… is also under his influence. They use the war to bring darkness into people’s eyes so nobody would notice their schemes. I don’t know their exact plans, but the world they envision is not for me.”

If what this guy says is true then… the world really is in danger. What the hell are those stupid Goddesses doing anyway? Shouldn’t they know this? If the king is evil, then summoning all the heroes in one place, and under his command solves nothing. How is the world supposed to be corrected? I have no clue.

We kept listening to his story and everything that happened since Lotte’s disappearance. This guy seems honest and most of his story matches with Lu-chan’s general knowledge about the demons.

“I don’t expect you to trust me. I would be happy to join even as a foot soldier. But as a token of my sincerity, I have brought you a tribute. Miss elf, would you be so kind?”

Nana exited the room, and a few minutes later she returned with 2 human girls tied up. Those humans… the moment I saw them I nearly fell on my ass.

“These 2 are heroes of the humans. And I present them to you, Your Highness.”

I recognized them all too well. One of them was a girl that you could say resembles a cat in attitude. Akayama Kaga. One of my classmates. And the other… there’s no way I wouldn’t know her. My childhood friend. Miyuki. And as soon as she looked up here, she also tilted her head in confusion. It’s to be expected since Miyuki knew my avatar back on earth better than anyone else. If she opens her mouth here, it might be bad.

“We need some time to deliberate this. Would you please leave us for now?” (Yufine)

“If nee-chan wishes that, I must agree with her. Please step outside.” (Lotte)

“As you wish.” (Magnus)

After we showed Magnus the door, silence fell in the room. It was weird. But eventually, Miyuki spoke and my fear came true.

“Shin…. is that you by any chance?”

Sweat ran across my face. Lotte made a weird expression but she decided not to interfere.

"Ahem. My name is Yufine. I know not of this Shin you speak of."

"Yeah… that's definitely your old habit. You act the same as him."

Uh oh. Crap. She's giving off the Anya grin. I can't let her blow my cover. 

"Enough of this nonsense. It's clear you are mistaken me with someone else."

With her hands still tied, Miyuki did lift her right index finger up to her chin and pondered for a moment. Then, as if reaching a revelation she said some weird words.

"I think Magical Girl Midori is not that special. She can't even kill her enemies."

"......"

"Nee-chan, you alright."(Lotte)

A vein popped up on my head. A took a step closer and grab Miyuki's shoulders.

"GOD DAMNIT, MIYUKI!!

How many times do I have to explain it to you! Episode 52 clearly states her reason for not killing enemies!! She is meant to purify them!

And her potential is still hidden. Episode 61 made a hint that she isn't using her full powers. Did you even watch just how much power she displayed when the city was in danger in episode 74? And…"

Only then did I realize that she was grinning as if she won a battle. Crap!

"Yup, there's no doubt about it. You're Shin alright! I'm so glad to see you again. Even if you look totally different."

Busted. Magical Girl Midori was a popular anime show and as an otaku, I never missed an episode. And I would often talk about it with Miyuki. She herself didn't follow it, but always enjoyed hearing me talk. Apparently the passion in which I described the scenarios got the best of me.

And as I mentioned previously, she saw my avatar many times. There was no fooling her. At this point… I might as well give up.

"Ugh… well what can I say? Long time no see, Miyuki. And it's good to see you too, Akayama-san."

"Eeh!? Miyuki-chi… you mean this really is…?"(Kaga)

Unable to follow the flow of events anymore, Lotte stood up and pouted.

"Mou, what's going on nee-chan?"

"I'll explain later. I promise. But for now, these girls… let's say I am acquainted with them. Could you please leave me alone with them for now? I really need to talk to them in private."

"If nee-chan says so… but you got to tell me everything afterwards."

"Yes, yes. Thank you. I promise."

And so, Lotte left just the 3 of us alone. Where should I even begin?

59