72 – Terror
1.5k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're late. What happened to you? You look rather beaten up."

Inside a dark chamber stood a man wearing luxurious clothes and a crown. The king of Victorias was talking to someone that was covered in bruises.

"Mind your own business. There was a situation that I had to deal with."

"I assume nothing got in your way, Leon-sama?"

The other man was none other than the 1st Divine General, Leon. He did not give any details as what happened during his clash with Raziel. Did he win? Did he kill him? Or did Raziel flee? Those details weren't brought up by Leon.

"Anyway, are things on the right track?" (Leon)

"Yes. The 5 heroes were successfully sent. As long as they get separated from Mina-san, their deaths will fuel our great plan."

"Regarding the separation, there won't be any issues. I gave Mina precise instructions. She won't know."

"Kuh, and I thought I had trouble playing theater. It's not easy to act like everything is just one random event, not even in front of my own daughter. For that, you truly surpass me."

"Hmph. Flattery won't help."

"Yes, yes. It's just a common cause. We have common interests. The more heroes fall, the faster each of us can have his wish."

"Indeed. It also seems that The Old One has selected a suitable vessel."

"Hou? I already feel sorry for that pour soul."

"It's as you said. First, The Old One will grant him power and hide inside him like a parasite. And when the time comes to take the reins… heh, the pain the vessel will experience can't even be described."

"So, what should our next move be?"

"Prepare the other heroes. Give them one of your speeches. That their comrades fell in battle. We should send them out as well. You nurtured them enough. It's soon time to collect the fruits."

"Very well. Soon, a new era will fall upon the world. Perfect harmony…"

.

.

.

"Ugh… my head."

After being knocked out, Akane sensei woke up. Kenji and Ren were right there next to her. The first thing she recalled was the battle with Onyris and that they got blown away.

"Finally woke up?" (???)

Involuntarily, Akane stood up and entered a combat stance. Akane is a hero and the owner of the voice was a half spider, half goblin demon.

“You can relax, it’s not like I’m thinking of killing you. My name is Trench. Nice to meet you.” 

“Wha-, Why?” (Akane)

“I didn’t receive an order like that.” (Trench)

“Order?” (Akane)

“That’s right. I haven’t received any order to kill the heroes, from his majesty.” (Trench)

"Sensei… he actually helped us…"(Kenji)

"........"(Akane)

“Besides, in this situation, I believe it is better to join you guys, rather than oppose you. The current Demon King is an idiot anyway.” (Trench)

“This situation…… Do you know where this is?”(Akane)

“Can't you tell from the surroundings? I've been taking care of you but… you realize where this is, right?"

"Aah!? This is a cave? No, there are bars. Wait! Are we in a cell?" (Akane)

"Bingo. You guys accidentally became my cellmates."(Trench)

At that moment, the grid pattern made a rattling sound as it opened. Both of them changed their line of sight in that direction. There was one person standing over there, it was the man who had brought the 3 heroes to the cell. A wound in the form of a cross decorated his cheek. This guy wasn't Onyris. But a mysterious person.

“Ho~, finally that woman has also woken up.” (suspicious person)

He faced Trench and started speaking. Trench was viewed as the strongest of the group. Yet, even he was unconscious when brought here.

Thus, it was his first time meeting this person face-to-face.

“My lord, is calling for you guys. Come with me.” (suspicious person)

Akane made a gulping sound involuntarily.

Akane gripped her fist and decided…

“Don’t do that.” (Trench)

Trench said in a low voice.

“Wha-, Why?” (Akane)

“You don’t understand. This is right in the middle of the demon territory. Even I don’t know how many enemies are here, and if we made an untactful move, not only you but those kids over there will also be exposed to danger.” (Trench)

“Ah……” (Akane)

What Trench said was undeniably right. Akane's head was a mess. Her goal is to kill demons, yet she's listening to one now. 

Even if they did subdue the man, there was no guarantee that they would be safe after.

“Besides, he is strong. Are you thinking of winning without a weapon?” (Trench)

“Well, there is magic, right?” (Akane)

“It seems like you don’t know about it, so let me tell you.”(Trench)

Trench jerked his chin and motioned it towards Akane's right hand.

“That bracelet is called Magic Sealing Bracelet. And as its name implies, it prevents you from using magic.” (Trench)

“Sensei, maybe for now we should just go along."(Ren)

“What are you doing? Follow me fast.”(Person)

Upon hearing the man’s voice, the 4 stood up and left the prison.

The place they were taken was supposed to be the inner part of the cave, but the place was surprisingly bright. However, it was not the sunlight rather; it was a bluish-white gemstone casting a strong light.

The sources of the strong radiance were four giant gemstones. From inside the cave sprouted roots similar to that of a giant tree which supported the four giant gemstones, the roots wrapped and entwined around them.

There were two giant gemstones at each side of entrance. In front of the entrance was the stairs and on top of stairs, an ornamented chair like a throne was erected.

“I was waiting.” (Throne guy)

There was a person sitting on that throne.

“A child?” (Akane)

Akane, upon seeing the figure of the person sitting on the throne, involuntarily muttered. There definitely was a child sitting on the throne.

His age seemed to be around 10 years old. He had muddy blue hair hair, and his smiling face had the charming power to capture the heart of anyone regardless their gender or age.

"Come on, over here. Come closer." (Kid)

Involuntarily, Akane’s legs start walking in his direction, but the moment Trench’s face entered his vision, she is brought back to her senses, and her eyes open wide.

“He-, Hey Trench, what happened?” (Akane)

Trench, for some reason was sweating, from his head, abnormally. He started glaring at the boy.

"Impossible… there is no way… you… you did the unthinkable….." (Trench)

“Ahaha, you’re scary. It is wrong to glare at me with eyes like that. Even though, I look like this, I’m still your boss.” (Kid)

“Kuu……” (Trench)

“H-Hey Trench, who is that kid?” (Akane)

“…………” (Trench)

“Hmhmhm, come on now tell me.” (Akane)

Akane glanced at the boy and once again looked towards Trench. Trench exhaled a large breath and slowly opened his mouth.

“He is……………… the Demon Lord…. Galvados…” (Trench)

"Correct. And right now… your lives belong to me." (Galvados)

53