Chapter 28 : Carine’s “Prince charming”
3.5k 20 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Father and uncle are discussing about uncle's plan for the future. Now that he has returned from another kingdom, father insists that uncle and Ranett stay in this mansion. But he refused father's offer.

"So you won't be staying here?"

"Well, I got another business opportunity that requires me to live near the central plaza"

Father gave him an understanding nod.

"I see... You can still visit us right? The central plaza isn't that far"

"Yes, that is my plan. I do hope that you all can visit my house someday too, especially you Carine"

He looked at me. I was confused, why me?

"Huh? Me?"

"Yes, Ranett wants to play with you more, so I hope you can play with her whenever she visits or when you visit us"

Uncle Tenard patted Ranett on her head, she looked at me shyly.

"Go on Ranett, don't be shy"

"P-P-Please play with me sometime"

Ah, does she like me? That's a relief I guess...

"Sure! I'll play with you!"

"~~~"

Ranett hid her face away on her father's chest, hiding her face from me.

"When will you be starting your business?"

"Tomorrow evening, I'm free for today, but I need to set things up at my new house tonight"

"I see... Then would you like to stay here until the evening?"

"Well, that would be fine"

Mother then answered gleefully.

"Great! Let's have a feast to celebrate your return!~"

"Ah! I agree with you Peyna! MAIDS! CONTACT THE CHEFS!"

"Wait wait wait! No feasts please! Mind your money!"

Uncle shook his head and hands desperately.

...

"Alright, we'll just hold a normal dinner~"

"That's a shame~ I want to show off our cooks~"

"P-Please don't! I'm only here for a while after all!"

They're still talking huh? Sitting here doing nothing is starting to bore me...

"Hm? Carine? Are you bored?"

"H-Huh?! N-Not at all mother!"

"Hehe~ Go play with Ranett in your room for a while, we'll be here if you need anything"

Ah, mother sees through me like glass...

"Understood mother, let's go Ranett!"

"H-Huh?! Y-Yes!"

We left the room and headed towards my room upstairs. Ranett is following close behind me. She's been staring at me rather intensely now... Maybe she doesn't want to get lost so she focuses on me?

...

We're staying here until evening? And I can enter Carine's room?! I want to ask a lot of questions to Carine! What should I ask? Perhaps how many friends she has? Does she have a "Prince Charming" too? Like in that book about princesses! Oh, she must have one, right? She's beautiful after all! Oh, what should I ask first?~~

Ranett is overjoyed thinking about what she could talk about with her first friend.

...

"Oh right, Kyrat, Carine will be attending the academy soon right?"

"Yes, in around a year and a half. Ranett will also be attending right? What type of magic can she do now?"

"[High Fire Magic], she can cast spells like [Pillars of Flame] now"

Kyrat was amazed at how strong Tenard's daughter is. [Pillars of Flame] is one of the higher tier magic one can cast, only 13 mages were ever confirmed to be able to cast it.

"That's amazing! She will join the Royal Guards I assume?"

"Yes, she is scheduled to be positioned into the Royal Guards once she graduates"

Kyrat responded with awe, but Peyna responded with worry.

"I'm worried~ Will she be fine? I heard the Royal Guards is a harsh environment"

"Well, we won't know until she graduates..."

Kyrat then stood up as he remembered something.

"Ah right, I need to handle Feyt's request"

"Hm? He requested something?"

"Yes, he wants to visit his village to meet with his parents"

"Feyt? Is he one of your students?"

Kyrat responded with a delighted laugh.

"Hahaha!~ While that's true, he's actually more than that Tenard!~ He's one of my top students too!"

Peyna pouted however, was there something that angered her?

"Gh! He's way too personal with me sometimes! That kid, seriously!"

Tenard looked confusingly at the proud Kyrat and the pouting Peyna. Who is this kid anyway? Tenard took a mental note, the kid named "Feyt" might be interesting.

Kyrat stood up from his couch, preparing to leave.

"Anyways, I need to talk with Feyt in my office, make yourself at home Tenard"

"Ah Kyrat, may I come with you? I'm curious about your office"

That was a lie, he wanted to meet this "Feyt" kid as he deems him interesting. Kyrat and Peyna rarely ever show any expression towards people outside of the family, aside from expressing anger of course. But this "Feyt" kid managed to create quite an expression on both Kyrat and Peyna. Perhaps Kyrat and Peyna have changed since the 15 years they have been apart? Either way, he wants to meet this "Feyt" kid.

"Well, feel free to join us~ Hahaha!"


 

Ranett and I are currently in my room. We're sitting on my canopy bed.

"U-Umm... Carine?"

"What is it?"

"Do you have any friends?"

...Is that an insult? Of course I hav- Wait, I just realized that I don't really have friends here...

Hmm, but saying that I don't have friends will sound pathetic... Wait, I technically have one right?

"Y-Yes I do! Feyt!"

"Oh~ C-Can you tell me more~?"

"S-Sure~"

I described Feyt to her in a cool way to impress her, it's me so I can say anything I want about myself right?

"Wow~ He can do that~?"

"He sure can~"

"Wow~ I-Is that your... Uhm... "P-P-Prince-"

*Knock* *Knock*

"Lady Ranett, Lord Tenard is calling for you"

"What~? I've only started to talk with Carine~~"

Ranett looked disappointed? She likes me that much huh? I feel proud~ Ah wait, I shouldn't get cocky, it never goes well.

"You are called right? You should go, we can talk again later"

"I-I see! We can talk later! T-Then, I'll see you later Carine~"

"Yeah, see you later Ranett~"

Ranett left my bed and headed towards the door, she opened it and a maid can be seen on the other side.

"I'll lead the way Lady Ranett"

"Y-Yes!"

"Excuse us Lady Carine"

The maid closed the door, leaving me alone in my room. Right, I need to meet father as Feyt to discuss the visit to the village. I took a nap as Carine and focused my attention on Feyt.

 


 

I reached the room that the maid showed me to. I opened the door, father and uncle Kyrat is in there. I entered the room and the maid closed the door as I was about to close it myself. There's a lot of maids and butlers in this house... I need to get used to this if I want to visit Carine in the future.

"Father, you called for me?"

"Yes Ranett, Your uncle here wants to ask you a few questions"

"O-Oh, s-sure! What is it?"

Uncle Kyrat straightened up his posture and asked me a question.

"You intend on attending the academy correct?"

"Y-Yes! I have m-m-magic, so I'm assigned to join the Royal Guards a-after the academy"

"Haha! No need to feel nervous around me! Relax a bit!"

Uncle Kyrat seems to notice my stuttering, I can't help it, I rarely talk to someone else other than father after all.

"Well, you're going to join the academy at around the same time as Carine. I hope you two can be friends"

"Y-Yes! Of course!"

"Good, now about your studies..."

*Knock* *Knock*

"My Lord, Sir Feyt has arrived"

Feyt?! Isn't he Carine's friend?

"Ah Leila, come in"

The door opens, a tall brown haired maid enters with a blonde haired boy beside her.

"Teacher, thank you for accepting my req-"

"Haha! Don't need to be so formal! Come here first!"

"Understood! Excuse me"

Feyt walked pass us and reached uncle Kyrat's desk. The maid stood at the door waiting.

"Uhm, about my request..."

"Yes, the carriage should be ready to depart tomorrow"

"Thank you!"

Feyt bowed towards uncle in a respectful manner.

"Don't mention it, you will stay there for how long?"

"Maybe only a day, I don't want to miss out on training"

"That's a good mindset. But please spend more time with your family, you won't know when you can't see them anymore"

"...Understood, If that is all, I shall take my leave then"

"Wait no, that is not all. These two are Tenard and Ranett, he's my brother and she's my niece. Go on, introduce yourself!~"

Feyt looked towards our direction and bowed.

"Hello, my name is Feyt, pleased to meet you!"

He said that with confidence, the same way Carine did.

Father looked at him with fascination.

"Hmm? You don't have a last name, are you a commoner?"

"Y-Yes I am"

"I see~ So you're the top student... Anyways, my name is Tenard Sareid, pleased to meet you Feyt"

"A-And my name is Ranett S-Sareid!"

I managed to introduce myself without stuttering too much.

"Pleased to meet you! Forgive me, I shall take my leave then! Good bye teacher!"

"Yes, you may leave. Tenard and Ranett will be attending tonight's dinner, don't be late"

"Understood teacher!"

Feyt headed towards the door, the maid opened it for him.

"Excuse us"

The maid closes the door, the room is now just us three again.

"Anyways, back to discussing Ranett's future in the academy"

So that's Feyt~ Carine's "Prince Charming". Carine seems to have a fun time when she talks about Feyt, she must really like him~ No wonder too, he exudes the same kind of aura as Carine. Elegance and coolness combined. I wonder if I can be friends with him?

 

141