Vol 1, Chapter 1: Encounter [Revised]
1.7k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1, Chapter 1: Encounter

*****

As Ryu and I keep talking, we eventually reached the gates of the school. It isn't even my first time seeing the school, but it feels just new to me now that I'm a student at this school starting today

"Finally, we're here, Shiri Houdou High (Extent Knowledge High School, yea...unique name for a school I know.)"

"I know that we passed the entrance exam and are officially a student at this school, but I still can't believe we got in Shun!"

I can't blame Ryu, this school, Shiri High, is a prestigious school that only rich people can go to. "If it's that kind of school, why we're able to get in" you asked? Well, let me explain to you all. 

Although Shiri Houdou High is a school for the rich, its actually welcoming to people who aren't in that status. The school has 2 enrollment options. The first one is well, you already know, paying the tuition fee per semester or annually, whatever the rich people prefer. The first option doesn't need for you to take an entrance exam, it just enrolls you in immediately to the school. 

On the other hand, the second option is to take the entrance exam and hope that you pass to be a fully fledged student at this school. Before you can take the entrance exam, you first need to have a grade average that the school needs. Luckily for me and Ryu, we we're already eligible for the first condition. The second condition was to pass their exam with a score of 90% and up. Me and Ryu aren't exactly that stupid, heck we always helped out each other in our studies since elementary school. Ryu teaches me the subjects I'm bad at, and I teach him the subjects that he's bad at. We've been doing that kind of thing even now and I mostly think that's the reason we we're able to get in at this school.

"Well, we aren't exactly that stupid Ryu. Sure we're just average and nobodies in other rich people's eyes, but if we work hard, we'll have a chance to a school like Shiri Houdou"

"And that chance really did came in our favor! You're lucky you have a friend like me who's good at subjects you're bad at"

"The same thing could be said to you too you know!"

We looked at each other with a smug face and laughed happily prior to us both getting in

After a short while, we both looked up at the board to look for our classrooms, and what do you know, I'm in the same class as this guy again. I'm pretty sure now God up there is the one who keeps making these miracles...

"Ack!"

"Oh! Looks like we'll be in the same class again Shun!"

"Y-Yeah... I'm not even surprised anymore at this point..."

Here's to another year of him being an annoyance around me...but then again, I admit that I enjoy his company. I'm happy that we're in the same class again

"Hey, hey, hey! What's with the look on your face? Aren't you happy that your best friend is in the same class?"

"I wish I could say that but after all these years, I'm more tired of seeing your face everywhere, and you're still my classmate? God, what did I do to deserve this?"

Of course I was exaggerating about everything I said just now

"You're being mean man! Do you secretly hate me or something?"

"Yeah, I hate you, really hate you, so much that I wanna kill you in your sleep"

"S-surely you're kidding, right Shun?"

"Oho? Am I right now?"

"Uegh! That face! You're scaring me! Okay, okay I get it! One yakisoba bread is enough for me man!"

Jackpot!

"Hehe, I'm glad to be in the same class as you Ryu"

I gave him a victory smile

"So you were aiming for that? *Sigh*"

I'm lying about hating and killing him...well...maybe a bit, but I'm not lying about him being glad to be in the same class. I actually prefer that way since I don't have to waste time searching for him. This guy doesn't want to get fawn over by the ladies so I always acted out as his scapegoat, though that's always been true...and a pain in the butt, I doubt he'll be popular in a school full of rich, beautiful girls...right?

As I was thinking of those thoughts in my mind, Ryu suddenly said something-

"Oh man, oh man look!"

"Stop shaking me! What is it?"

"Hoshizawa Miu! the Hoshizawa! the one and only! She's in the same class as ours!"

I'm sorry to say this in advance but-

"Hoshizawa....who?"

"Huh? What?! Didn't you know Shun?! She's this school's most beautiful girl!"

Oh really now? Wait...somethings off...Ryu getting interested in a girl even though he's wary of them? That's new...there must be something more than meets the eye then...

"I'm surprised that you're interested in a girl for once"

"Who wouldn't man?! Thats Hoshizawa! The. Ho.Shi.Za.Wa!"

"I get it already...but what about it? what so amazing about her?"

"Man you don't know how much I've gambled on this day to happen before I even told ya- Uh-oh...I mean...nothing..."

The reason why we chose this school is because Ryu told me that the school will pay for the expenses of those who passed the entrance exam until they finished their high school. The way this works is that the school uses its budget that it gets from the students who chose the first option to fund the students who passed the second option. I myself thought that the school's system is too appealing and good to be true, but apparently they weren't lying. So I agreed to Ryu and we both chose Shiri High with that conclusion...

But apparently, Ryu had other intentions...

...Is it because of that?! but wait...Ryu's wary of them, I've known that since we were little!...but what if I'm right...?

"Ryu...don't tell me..."

"W-what?"

"You chose this school because that girl, Hoshizawa, is in here right?"

"I-I-I don't know what you mean-"

*Sigh* "You're like an open book, no wonder you were into studying so much than usual"

It seems that I hit the mark, it is for that sole reason...

"W-w-whats the problem?! We still got in, and I didn't lied about the free expenses!"

Well... he's right about that but I still can't believe Ryu chose this school for a stupid reason

"You know Ryu, we would be skipping a year without going to school if we failed at the entrance exam right?"

"Huh? Ah, yes, that's right-"

"DONT BRING ME IN ON YOUR STUPID REASONINGS!" 

I shouted at him as he backed off like a scared dog begging for its life. There's no doubt that we wouldn't get it in, its just that the possibility is still not 0%...Shiri High announced an entrance exam on a later date than other schools, so if we hadn't passed, we would really be skipping school for a year!

"I'm sorry okay! We still got in man, so calm down a bit, okay?"

This guy...I thought he changed a bit, but I forgot that he's always like this, I should've known that he had some ulterior motive other than the school offering free expenses...

As what's done is done, I let it go and move on to another topic at hand

*Sigh* "So? You like Hoshizawa?"

He looked at me while being dumbfounded

"Eh? Not really"

Eh? I was wrong all this time? I mean, this is Ryu we're talking about, so I should've known...but if what I was thinking wasn't the reason, then what was it...?

"Seriously? Then what was the reason you're interested in Hoshizawa?"

"You know the chocolate bar that's produced by the company named 'ChokoChoko' right?"

"Yeah, we've been eating it since our elementary days, but what's that got to do with this?"

-Oh wait, is it because-

"That's the thing! Hoshizawa Miu is the daughter of the ChokoChoko Company!"

Oh...now I get the whole picture...this dude, made me go to this school just for his crave for chocolates. The ultimate ulterior motive of his...

Ryu here is known to be as the "Chocolate Destroyer" I gave him that title because he always loves to eat chocolate whenever he can, heck he even asks me to eat my chocolate if I'm not planning to eat it. He's been eating many times of chocolates, but ever since in our 5th elementary grade, he's stuck on one chocolate, and that chocolate happened to be the chocolate created by the ChokoChoko Company. He loves it so much that he told me that one day, he'll get a hold more of that chocolate until he's got endless stock of it...if that's not a childish dream, then I don't know what is...

"You couldn't have thought more of a good reason to enter this school, could you?"

"Huh? I'm pretty sure that was a good reason though..."

"Where's this 'good reason' you're referring to? I'm not even seeing it"

"Hoshizawa san man! Hoshizawa san! She's the key! If I can be friends with her, or even better, close friends, then I'll have access to my endless chocolate paradise!"

I've heard many, many stupid things before, but what this guy said just now takes the cake. How stupid can you be to think that way? Now I'm making myself surprised that he even got in to this school...

"Is that so? Then I guess good luck handling the ladies before you can even get closer to that girl, Hoshizawa"

He had a disgusting look on his face as I said that, he probably now rethinks the consequences that will happen if he wanted to execute his plan

"You know what man? I'm just happy to see thinking that I'd get to see Hoshizawa san in class everyday"

"You change your mind too quick! Not even a shred of backbone!"

After I said that, a lot of people cheered as if an idol showed up in our school

"H-Hey... that's..."

"It's Hoshizawa-san!!!"

Before I even heard that name, what I saw at the front of the gates was a beautiful girl with long, black hair, black eyes, smiling and kind looking face, good and proportional body waist, perfect and long, slender legs. I found myself thinking that such a girl exists...

"So that's...Hoshizawa Miu..."

I couldn't even hide my expression to Ryu. He took it as a chance to tease me

"Seems someone's got eyes on Hoshizawa san"

"Shut up! I'm just amazed that you weren't lying about her being beautiful"

Yes...I was shocked, you would be the same if you saw her with your own eyes, but that's just it, I don't feel a thing like getting infatuated or interested in Hoshizawa. I'm merely just fascinated by her beauty...

As she walked inside the school, the school principal greeted her

"Shiri Houdou High Welcomes you Ms. Hoshizawa! We're honored that you chose us!"

"Oh please, don't be. There's no need for formality. It isn't me who helped the school countless times, it was my father. You should be thanking him instead!"

Hoshizawa said that while trying to ease the tension between them. She looks like a high and mighty girl outside, but inside, I think she's just a normal girl like anybody else

"Yes that's true, but I also wanted to thank Ms. Hoshizawa for choosing our school. That's just saying that you trust our school that much. You have my upmost gratitude!"

"Oh no, no! Please don't be! And please raise your head!"

Hoshizawa said that to a principal who's bowing his head sincerely

"Now that I think of it, wasn't Hoshizawa the only one that the principal greeted personally?"

"Well you see Shun, the ChokoChoko Company helped Shiri High a lot of times now. Whether it be financially or anything. It has been that way ever since, hence that's why the school felt indebted to the ChokoChoko Company"

"I see...that explains why they care too much to Hoshizawa"

She's being treated like a Royal Queen who's visiting on one of her owned lands...

The principal wanted to say something to Hoshizawa, but Hoshizawa interrupted him

"Ms. Hoshizawa, you're class is-"

"Wait a moment please. I want to see it for myself in the school board"

"O-Oh, then please, this way Ms. Hoshizawa"

The other students including me created a way for Hoshizawa as an instinct. We instantly moved on our own accord as she looked up through the board

"T-Thank you...so I'm in class A-3..."

The same room as Ryu and I...

"Now then, can you please follow me to the principal's lounge to accompany you and discuss some other matters in hand"

"Ah, yes, please"

The principal said that as he and Hoshizawa started walking inside the school

...

"Man! So that's the daughter of the ChokoChoko Company! Its definitely their daughter! Yep!"

"Why did you repeated that as if you're assessing her from the start?"

"Eh? I didn't, but man I'm glad to be in the same class as her!"

"Yeah, yeah, stop fantasizing and get your ass walking! We have to get our documents pass on to our homeroom teacher"

"Oh? What's this? Acting like a Tsundere now?"

"Say whatever you want but I'm not interested in her"

Well it its true about what I just said just now, but Ryu didn't seem to believe me, besides, its not like I'm gonna have a chance to talk to someone like her...

"Hmmm? Alright, if you say so. Let's get it over with"

"Yeah, I wanted to see where our class is after we hand out or documents too"

"Sure man, lets do that after"

And thus, we also walked through inside the school to hand out our documents to the teacher faculty room while Ryu keeps talking about how much chocolate he'll get even more if he'll be able to get close to Hoshizawa...*sigh*...seriously...this guy's crave for chocolates has little to no end at all...

*****

End of Chapter 1

25