Chapter 3: Get Your Gameplan On!
7k 9 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book 1, Volume 1

Chapter 3

Cara then got up in front of everyone like a short conductor in front of an orchestra, “Okay, everyone remembers the gameplan! Since we're all from the same suite, we'll be automatically added to each other's friend's list. Contact each other as soon as you're able. We need at least 6 people to form our guild: Amaranthe Hearts Guild!”

“An all-girls guild,” Rori snickered. “And a giant mascot...”

“With a guild name like that, no guy will want to join... what does Amaranthe even mean anyways?... ” Michael grumbled.

“Firstly, the name was chosen by a vote count of 4 to 1,” Cara said reminding him. “Secondly, Amaranthe means Unfading. And three, you honestly expect us to believe that guys wouldn't want to join a guild filled with good looking girls?” Cara rolled her eyes.

“It... it sounds better without Hearts...” Michael sighed.

“Anyways, be happy, we're part of the lucky few that gets to play at launch. They already have over 100,000 people on their waiting lists and the game is just launching today. The first game of its kind, there's no doubt millions will be playing by next year or maybe even sooner. That puts us ahead of all those people that will join later. This isn't just a game, this is an opportunity!” Cara paused a moment to catch her breath and slow her pulse. She then looked around at everyone in the room.

“What I'm about to tell you is something that hasn't been released to the general public. It's something I learned days ago due to a fateful encounter... Here's the secret news, not only can we have loads of fun and experience wild adventures in Abrynth, but we have the chance to make lots of money!” A pleased look filled Cara's face as she looked upon everyone's astonished faces.

“I know... I know... hard to believe but here's what I learned: We can sell in-game money for real-world money. This is huge!” Cara said, slapping the table with her palm.

“Apparently there's going to be an in-game world banking system and through this World Bank, you'll be able to trade in-game money for real-world money. The trading prices will fluctuate depending on supply and demand but this is going to be huge news when it's released. Because of this, it opens up many opportunities to earn real money while playing.” The room became silent as all eyes were locked on Cara yearning to learn more.

“One, you can sell in-game items that aren't soulbound, items that you make or loot for in-game money. Then exchange that in-game money into real money... the rarer the item, the more you can sell it for.”

“Aren't they afraid of making this pay to win?” Michael asked.

“This isn't like those games from before. Ruins and dungeons to explore, high sea adventures, floating islands, wars, and peace... an everchanging world where there are poor and rich mortals. And just like in our world, the rich can buy power, which adds realism to the game. Abrynth is a living breathing world. It's hard to explain, but you'll see soon enough for yourself...” Cara said.

“Also, don't forget, the strongest gear you can use can only be 1 rank higher than your current rank. So if you're rank 1 and you buy a rank 3 weapon, you won't be able to use it until you become rank 2. Plus, Soulryns and Gear Awakenings add whole new dynamics to the game.” Irene added to the conversation.

“Okay, moving on... Two, you can gain knowledge that others don't have and provide services for a fee. For example, I recently found out the reason sensei Ms. Tsukino's brother is teaching all the classes at our dojo this summer. Ms. Tsukino is working for Goddess Lokaini Entertainment corporation.

They hired her to be a live in-game player. I only found out when I met her at the market days ago. Long story short, she gets paid to play, plus she can make in-game money by starting her own in-game dojo and teaching students her martial arts that become in-game character skills!”

Cara turned to face her mother, “Isn't that exciting mom. You and dad can bring our family businesses to Abrynth, you have the opportunity to make lots of real money. Don't worry, we'll be helping too by bringing you materials, crafting plans, and advertising through word of mouth and branding.”

“Good girl warms my heart that you're thinking of your family. But don't forget to make sure you're enjoying yourself first. As my grandfather used to say if you love what you're doing then it's not work.” Their mother happily said. The other's in the room were happily chatting with each other about the possibilities.

“And I saved the best for last...” Cara waited patiently for her friends and loved ones to quiet down and focus on her.

“Third, I have negotiated a contract for our group to provide video content to an up and coming Streaming Company that will edit and produce our gameplay video streams. This Streaming Company has a licensing agreement with the Goddess Lokaini Entertainment corporation and is allowed to produce and show our gaming videos to the public.”

Cara reached into her bag and placed the contract on the table. “I know you're wondering if this is all legal and on the up and up... I can assure you it is. I had everything verified by the Hayes Law Firm.” Cara looked to her mother, “That was the important reason I needed that money mom, thanks for giving it to me.”

“I'm just proud my girl has a good head on her shoulders and sought out legal counsel.” Her mom said as she patted her back.

“So here's the deal, the more people that view our videos, the more money we'll make, but only if you're willing. I have already signed the contract, but I won't force any of you to do the same. For those that do decide to join me and sign it, all the money will be split evenly amongst us, this way there's no fighting about who makes how much... now, who'd like to join me by signing?” Cara finished as she placed a pen on the table next to the contract.

“I have a question,” Sadie said as she looked at Cara.

“Yes, Sadie. Go ahead and ask.” Cara said.

“I want to sign up, but am I too young to sign up for myself?” Sadie asked.

“Same here, I'm only 17, so legally still a minor, don't we need our parents or guardian's signature?” Irene added.

“Yes. Since it looks like everyone is going to join me and sign up, let's get in mom's van and head out. We'll first go to Sadie's and Irene's homes to get their parent's signatures, drop off the contract, then head to the Goddess Lokaini Entertainment building. Our entrance reservation is set for 10:30 am so we have plenty of time to get everything done.”

143