2: Study and Ersatz
674 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My parents hired a tutor for my education.

Nobles seem to get a private education before entering an academy around their teenage years.

I wonder what a 6-year-old is taught? Whatever it is, it shouldn’t be too hard. I can already read and write well, and my parents know of this too. My mom saw me lingering in the library and asked l if I could understand what was written on the book I had open. The look on her face when I perfectly read a paragraph from the magical studies literature, screamed utter shock. Of course, I grinned in response.

My goal until I’m 8 years old is just to acquire all elemental magic. I can’t deny that I did try to make other skills to bypass the restriction of 1 skill per year though. I think my mistake was not reading the full description for the creation ability when I was picking it, because whenever try to create anything that remotely changes the time limit, I’m met with a message: “-error: could not create skill, unable to bypass early restriction-”

So that’s that. I’ve set off creating all my imaginative skills until after I get my elements measured, since it might mess with me getting appraised anyways.

~•~•~•~

I take back what I said. I was terribly wrong. What in the world is this? Why are they teaching a 6 YEAR OLD algebra!? Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to teach something like this so early on…

I mean, I guess at least my tutor is a nice person. He’s pretty old from his looks, white hair, wrinkled face. The old and wise type of person.

~•~•~•~

My studies have gradually changed. I used to be taught all sorts of topics, but now it’s mainly history, though considering how most historical documentation only covers recent history, there isn’t much of it. And science, it’s mostly zoology and biology with focus on the anatomy of monsters. You know, dragons, orcs, goblins. The usual fantasy stuff. I’d say that my studies have been going pretty smoothly. Me being who I am, I was able to get through all of it without any hiccups.

Some important things I learned from a few lessons is that this world is called Ersatz, and that the people here believe in many gods, the people of this world are polytheistic. I also read about some legends that are common here and are inspirations for some of the actions people take. The oldest knowledge we have comes solely from these ancient legends, it is the only proof that humans have had a history.

~•~•~•~

My name is Kim Eisenhower. I have been a tutor for an innumerable amount of years, and have come across many types of children during my time teaching.

I was recently contacted by the duke of Scheuprinz to tutor their daughter. He was boasting about how great she was in the letter, which I simply brushed off, many parents believed that their child was special in one way or another. I didn’t hope to expect too much, but accepted the request.

The first lesson was used to gauge Aliu’s understanding of the subjects and for me to introduce myself, I was beyond surprised when she demonstrated an understanding of concepts that one would expect people to know of many years later, her skill in mathematics was phenomenal, it rivalled that of seniors in distinguished academies!

I immediately informed the parents of the changes that would occur in her studies. I couldn’t teach such early knowledge to someone like her. I started to plan out lessons to teach her the mathematics I was confident I could teach well.

I must help this child grow and reach her potential. Who knows just how many hundreds of years a genius of such calibre is born.

~•~•~•~

A/N: This chapter along with another I was writing got deleted :( so now I’m rewriting all of it. Sorry for the short chapter, I’m having to split it since I forgot how I combined the information from the next chapter in this one.

21