Arc Fifteen. Chapter Four Hundred Twenty-Five. Small Problems
127 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gwen, Felicia, and Liv hurried to the lab, and they kept a radio on to keep apprised of the situation. Liv had been practising, and while she could connect to Peter, she didn't want to distract him if he was fighting. The radio was easier, as he could just listen without needing to concentrate.

The news that Agent Webb was seen fleeing from the Shield HQ was making the rounds on local news right now. It was a small story for now until it broke it was for disobeying orders. The normal Iron Watch had Tony's Iron Legion spotted in New York, but so far, there had been no other news.

As they approached they could see that the Parker building was clear of police. Cautiously making their way inside Liv nodded at the receptionist.

“Sorry, Joanna. Go home. We've had reports that we're about to get raided. Unless you want to spend most of the day listening to some idiot with a badge, then take a paid holiday.” Joanna nodded and grabbed her things before she hurried out. From her desk Liv called each department in turn, ordering everyone out of the building.

Ivan came from her lab, wiping his hands on a washcloth. “You want me to stay?” 

Liv shook her head and patted Ivan on the shoulder. “No, I want everyone home. This could get messy Ivan and nobody needs to get hurt because of us.”

He shrugged and slung the cloth over his shoulder, "You know they will just chase me right? Some stupid bullshit about wrong form or misfiled papers. I have dealt with government before. They see what they want, and do what they like."

"I would still rather give them as little to go on as possible. I don't want anyone getting hurt because of us," Liv replied and Ivan smiled but shrugged.

Cindy landed outside, dressed in Ghost-Spider and her costume became a set of slacks and a t-shirt. “Too late, I saw a bunch of military vans heading this way.”

Liv rubbed her forehead, “Right. Gwen, get into the lab and start a full lockdown. If they don't have a warrant, I don't want anyone going into secure labs. Felicia, if you want to check on Elektra and Emma, go ahead. If it's only one van then I doubt they’re sending more than a token force to contain us. Cindy, well, it's time to earn that paycheck. As security for Parker Inc unless they have a legal warrant, then they stay outside.” 

Ivan took off his shirt, and Liv saw the harness Peter had gifted him at the Expo. Its arms uncoiled and connected to the two bracers he was wearing and they whined and lit up blue as they powered on. Ivan nodded at her, “You give me a home and hope. I even stop thinking about kicking Stark off a building, If they come, I will make sure you have time okay?” 

Liv smiled, “we should go drinking after this Ivan,” 

Ivan laughed, “After last time, I know better, but maybe just one or two.” 

Liv just smirked. Even though they had wrecked one of Tony's projects, it had still been fun, and Tony didn't seem to mind. "Just the one then."

Cindy took a deep breath and let it out, nodding and clenching her fists, “Right. I can do this.” As she headed out, Huntress covered Felicia and the pair vanished.

Watching the door stay open for more than a normal amount, “Stay safe dear,” Liv said to the air

We should worry about them, 

Liv heard her reply and she snorted, “Indeed.” With the building emptying, Liv stepped back outside and locked the main door behind her.

All she could do now was wait.

The other half of the Avengers, Falcon and Ant-Man, were already under orders and had headed out. It was their job to secure any assets at the Parker building that may have ties with Hydra. The harness technology and the Stacy formula.

This was their first official mission and Scott was nervous. Not helping was his new suit. Since he had been taken to Shield, his suit had been handed over to Stark and taken apart. Sure the new one was a million times better. The shrinking felt smoother and Tony even thought he could reverse the process. He'd even picked out a new name. Giant-Man. If he was honest, that sounded a lot cooler than Ant-Man. He just felt it was betraying Hank, who’d given him his second chance, but it was this or prison, and Scott hated prison.

They pulled up to the building in two vans. The first held Shield's official agents, themselves and two agents. The second was full of the government's men. A Gamma trooper and half a dozen federal agents. This was a joint mission and showed the Xandarians that their forces could cooperate.

Sam stepped out to see two Enhanced arguing with the federal agents they had brought. Nearby, Olivia Octavius scowled as she looked over the warrants.

“Sorry, Mr Wilson. Your warrant is for Parker Industries, yes?” Sam shrugged, he wasn't a lawyer and was only here in case it turned ugly. “Parker Industries isn’t in this building. Peters private research company is an offshore holding. Parker Inc is a mailbox. The building holds everyone else. So, I’m afraid I can’t let you in,” Olivia said with a smile and Sam knew this was going to go south any minute now.

“We still have access to the Parker Building, that's the address on the warrant.”

Olivia gave him a very predatory smile. “Yes, but as my very competent legal team informed me, the Parker building is not the building's real name. It's not even the building’s address. The one you have covers the whole block.“ Olivia stopped and touched her earpiece. touched her earpiece. “Oh too late. Our legal team has already filed injunctions. You are now required to remove yourselves or face a lawsuit for trespassing.”

“I’ll need to call this in, my orders were specific, and if you’re right.” Sam motioned to Scott, who took out his phone and dialled the only person he could. Coulson. It went to voice mail. So he tried Stark.

Scott listened to Stark's annoying wait music and then it connected, "Yeah uh, we have a situation here."

“Yeah Scott, I don't care what you do, just do it. Parker needs to be contained, get it done,” and he then hung up. 

Sam looked over, “So? What did he say?” 

Scott just smiled and shrugged, “Uh, yeah, we need to hurry up, and he sounded pissed.”

“Tony always sounds pissed, but after reading the file on Parker and his team, I don't blame him.” 

Liv just shook her head, “So with no new orders and a huge legal mess, this just got ugly. However, if you leave now then-” but as Sam predicted it all went sideways.

“Watch where your fucking touching,” Sam heard the grey-clad Enhanced shout. He watched as she batted away the hand of one of the Gamma Troopers they had brought. Even he knew it had just been on her ass. He facepalmed as he had done so in front of a dozen witnesses and, as Octavius was smirking, cameras as well. His skin swelled and the bright blue soldier returned the favour. His backhand swatted her across the parking lot. He snorted triumphantly as she went flying but stopped when she stood.

Oh shit, he thought to himself as the harness on the back of the large Russian snaked down his arms. Sideways it is.

He watched as the woman stood and shook herself off. Her masked face split into a rictus grin and she crouched and sprang at the soldier. Her hands became huge knives and she scored several lines across his chest. He tried to punch her again, but she ducked under it and kicked him masterfully in the nuts. Nobody knew what a Hulk was packing, but no matter what it was, her foot connected and he went down like a bag of trash. He whimpered and curled up as the blue, and the muscles left his skin. Shrinking back down she spat on him, "Yeah, try that again fuck face."

As Scott shrank and headed towards the pair, Sam looked over at Olivia, who crossed her arms and tutted. “Peter will hear about this.”

“Won't matter. For assaulting a military officer, she is going to jail. We also have immigration wants to speak to Iva-” but Sam was thrown backwards as the Enhanced flew into him.

Picking himself up, he watched as the woman was flipped by an invisible, or in this case very small assailant. "Hey watch it, Pym," he shouted.

As she struggled to move as he grew and pinned her arms behind her back. “I got her,” Scott shouted. “Oh shit, no I don't,” as several tendrils erupted from her back. He shrunk once more and the woman stood waiting. Sam watched a tiny dust cloud puff form on the side of the building as a tendril impacted something.

“Will you tell her to stand down, or do we do this the even harder way?” He asked a smirking Octavius.

“Last time the military attempted to arrest me on private property I almost killed Ross. Stop this? You will only walk away from this, Agent Wilson, as I am being benevolent.” There was an audible whine as her harness erupted from her back. “Illegal search warrants, illegal involvement of the US military. Plus an assault on a young woman? You think a court will try her? We have witnesses, and he started it. You know you are in the wrong here, and my lawyer is going to have a field day proving it.”

“That might be true, but right now, I don't see anyone else kicking an Avenger up and down the parking lot.”

The young woman was pacing back and forth until a tendril would dart and another small cloud of dust would puff up.

"Maybe you should get better Avengers then," Liv said glibly, "and she is only defending herself."

Sam just rubbed his forehead. “Your employee still assaulted an officer, so I'll have to take her for questioning. Look, I’ll call off Scott if you promise not to hurt him or anyone else.” 

Liv paused for a moment and then nodded. “Miss Moon, Leave the idiot alone, but Mr Wilson, you provoked the situation. Even if you take her, you are in a lot of trouble.” 

As a small dust cloud puffed up once more Scott grew and undid his face mask. “I almost had her,” before collapsing back onto the ground.

Liv tutted, “I want to make a call though.” She pulled out her phone without waiting for his answer. "Peter, they sent the Avengers to arrest us. Do you have any thoughts on the matter?" Liv waited a few moments, "It's Sam Wilson and some shrinking idiot.”

Scott yelled “It’s Ant-Man,”

Liv tutted and turned, “They are claiming a lot of nonsense, and one even assaulted Cindy.” 

“That’s all you get,” Sam said, “sorry Parker, at least I let her call you,” and he took her phone.

Liv glared at him, "And now we have assault as well. I am not listed on that warrant Mister Wilson, and you have no right to confiscate my phone. You have one chance to hand it back before I get very annoyed with you." Reluctantly he handed it back to her.

Liv?

It's fine, we have footage that they started it. However, Cindy and Ivan are both being taken in for questioning. They agreed to call off the dogs, Peter but the damage was still done. They are doing a lot of posturing but they can punish us for overreacting. They are being very sneaky Peter.

Call Matt, for Cindy and Pepper for Ivan. I know she sorted out his visa, I was there when she signed off on it. If they say no, tell me, and I’ll do it.

I have. Stay safe. Love you.

Liv crossed her arms as Cindy and Ivan were loaded into the back of the military jeep. She had no reason to stop them, and as she dialled her phone, Sam tutted and she darted out of the way as he grabbed for it.

“Matthew. They took Cindy and Ivan, I’ll send over the security footage.” She hung up and pursed her lips angrily. Don’t think this is over. Huffing she went back inside to find Gwen. “I don’t believe you have a warrant for my arrest Mr Wilson, so kindly leave.”

Sam nodded and as the rest of the teams got back in the jeeps he gave the building one last look over. Well, that was a disaster.

In the jeep, Scott was holding an ice pack against his forehead. He might have an armoured helmet but it didn't stop the woman from swatting him, like a bug he laughed to himself. “Hey, you think this is over?” He asked Sam, who was sitting holding his hands over his face.

“Over? I think we’re lucky she didn't kill all of us.”

Flash had no idea if the soldiers were there for him, or if they were after Liv and the rest. He hid on a rooftop across the street as he wasn't taking any chances. If it looked like there was going to be trouble he would help, but for now, he needed to stay low and stay hidden.

Swinging down he landed outside the building. He took a look around to make sure nobody spotted him but stumbled back as Liv was standing in the doorway.

“I might not be telepathic Eugene but I can sense your panic a mile away. Here to finish things off?” As she spoke, Octave and the four arms of the harness sprung from her back.

“What? No, shit no. They got Cap, we were ordered to help take you all in, and uh.” Flash’s shoulders slumped, “I'm a fugitive, Steve’s in jail, and-”

“And you need help. I’m sorry Eugene, but I really don’t know,” she paused and smiled, “wait one moment.” Liv lifted her phone and after a moment. “I think you’ll like this.”

Flash lifted his head as he heard the engine noise of a quinjet approach, “You called Shield? I just came from there,” he yelled at Liv as the noise grew louder than his voice. 

Liv crossed her arms and tutted, “Give me some credit.”

As they waited the jet landed in front of the building, and the back cargo door descended.

“So, taxi for one?” said Vengeance as she and Scott stood waiting for Flash to embark.

Take care, you know they’ll be back,

We’ll be fine. Now, go kick some ass for us all.

Vengeance gave Liv a small nod and the jet lifted off once more.

Don't worry Peter, they haven't got us yet.

This novel is only hosted on ScribbleHub. 

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/525389/spiderman-the-house-of-venom/

If you would like to read the first draft, you can find it here

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/228718/spiderman-house-of-venom-first-draft/

If you want to contact me, I am on most days. You can leave a message here,

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/44182/malisson/

Any sites hosting this novel have done so without my permission.

Thank You For Reading.

11