11. To sail the sea by the helm
4.9k 10 155
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A storm on the sea comes without a moment's hesitation.

As soon as Avril spoke, the sky around her became cloudy. The originally calm sea gradually surged up, and the layers of waves increased in amplitude. The tumbling waves seemed to contain great energy, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

All these changes were telling Raine that this would be a terrifying storm.

The blue sea, which was no longer so soft, was about to show its violent side.

Raine could feel his body going up and down, shaking more and more.

With his current "power system," he would never be able to escape the storm.

With the reef ahead and the storm behind him, Raine had no way out!

"Captain ......" Avril's voice sounded hopeless as she bowed his head, "I'm sorry I brought you here."

"Thank you for saving me in the first place, and you, White, it's good I've had you by my side all this time to keep me from feeling so bad, hopefully in another life ......"

"Next life my ass!" Raine, who hadn't spoken, suddenly bellowed, looking up at the thick clouds overhead, and growled, "Fuck God, in the last life, you took my life, wasn't that enough? As a result, I've been reborn, and you still refuse to let me go!"

"You want my life? Fine, I admit I can't beat you now! But I, Raine, can tell you, if you want me to give up, you're dreaming!"

Avril looked at the boat in amazement. This was the first time she had heard Raine talk about his past.

And for the first time, she knew her captain's name - Raine!

"Captain ......"

Raine finished venting and turned to look at the belly of his ship.

He had so little to work. No defenses on board, not even handrails, just some ropes, seawater purification equipment, fishing nets, life preservers... As a small ramshackle boat at the top of the all-time shabby rankings, Raine certainly lived up to his ranking.

The sea became increasingly unsettled as pulses of rain pelted down in the sky.

Raine tried to calm himself and said after a moment's thought, "Avril, put the antibiotics away and try not to lose them. They're the only medicine we have. Secure the oars with ropes and use the fishing nets to tie the oars on both sides. When it gets bumpy, you grab the nets. Remember, tie them securely."

"You put in the lifebelt first! Quickly tied the lifebelt to the boat with a rope, quick!"

Avril froze for a moment but immediately did as Raine asked and got busy.

"White, make sure you bite down on the nets, okay?"

"Woof!"

Avril was very handy and had soon finished the job.

By now, the oars were inside the boat. It is tied tightly with rope. And the fishing net was messily stretched across the belly of the boat. Two sections secured in the oar slots, ugly but sturdily tied.

"Captain, what about the water purification unit?"

The water purification device was painstakingly made by Rayne. It was of irreplaceable importance, but even if Raine could not bear to part with it, he could not be bothered at this time.

"Whatever!"

While Avril was busy, the sea was not the same as before. The wind churned the waves, and the sky was grey with heavy rain.

"Avril, White," Raine looked at his only two crew members and tried to sound even, "don't give up. There's hope for us. Once we get through the reef area and get to that island, we have hope."

"I know the hope is slim, but I will never give up any glimmer of hope!"

"Hahahahahaha, you two look like you've never seen any big waves before. This is just a little storm in front of an excellent captain and helmsman."

"We will survive!"

The sky thundered with a bang, and lightning ripped through the sky like tree branches! The wind howled at that moment - the storm... was coming!

Raine narrowed his eyes slightly, "What's the point of being arrogant in front of me? Today I'll show you what it means to sail the sea by the helm!" After saying that, Raine shifted his eyes to the front.

There was the reef area. The bottom of the sea was full of reefs. Under the high-speed movement, the giant ship would sink, let alone his small body. He was about to pass through here!

Raine's biggest advantage was that he could see the reef! And this would be the most important factor in their survival!

The waves behind them rolled and arrived in an instant. Raine's body instantly rose five or six meters to the highest point, and this life-or-death parkour was on!

"Ah!"

"Woof woof woof!"

Avril and White were on a rollercoaster ride at this point. They barred straight down the several meter-high waves, and their boat speed skyrocketed.

Raine's eyes were glued to the front. When he noticed his body moving fast, he took control of the rudder.

In just a few moments, Raine had reached the reef!

A reef ahead! Raine quickly changed the rudder to avoid it.

Left, right, left front, right front, the sea floor was littered with bumps and bumps, and Raine was dodging from side to side with all his might.

However, a huge wave came up behind him at that moment, sending Raine skyward again.

"Ahhhhhh, help!" Avril cried out for help desperately.

"Shut up! Hold on!" Raine bellowed. His eyes fixed on the point of impact, where a large rocky outcrop lay on the ocean floor!

"Spin, damn it!" Raine fought to turn himself, changing the direction of the force of the gale crashing against the hull to deflect the point of impact.

With a loud thud, a small boat fell heavily to the surface. It sank almost completely into the sea, only to float back up quickly. Although the hull still scraped against the edge of the rocks, it did not crash.

The waves were like crazed beasts with their teeth and claws, and Raine's body was as small as a black dot in front of the roaring waves, ready to be swayed by them.

But he still balanced the boat with all his might while avoiding the numerous reefs underneath.

In such a situation, it was difficult for him to avoid the reefs completely. The boat's hull had already developed an unknown number of scars of various sizes. The only blessing was that, so far unknown, he was still able to float on the water.

"Come on, just this? More!"

As if enraged by Raine, a huge wave slapped behind him, and Raine was swamped straight away. Out of sight, and seconds later, as a wave was crested, Raine was sent into the air again and thrown straight out of the waves surrounding him.

Avril and White kept a death grip on the net. But the throwing power was so great this time that they were almost flying out of the boat. They were just holding on to the net before they could detach themselves.

At this point, the oar slot on the hull's right side, along with the side plate on the right side, finally deflated. The slotted ring broke off, and the side plate broke off!

As the boat plunges at high speed, the nets are quickly spread. The force is unbalanced, and Avril and White are thrown off the boat simultaneously!

A question suddenly flashed through Raine's mind.

When Avril and White are in the water simultaneously, ask: who to save first...

155