Chapter 13 “A Horde of Zombies”
2.2k 5 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With William undergoing a change from a D-Class personnel and an SCP, his daily activities were nothing but like a normal life. He doesn't need to worry about whether he will die the next day after meeting a certain SCP nor be scared of his life. Because for the Foundation, every SCPs in their hands are a valuable asset that should not be destroyed, unlike the other organization.

He lives day by day in his cell by doing mostly nothing. There were experiments that were done by Dr. Erik to study more about his anomalous ability in great detail. It went pretty well because they carefully treated William during the experiment by using morphine to reduce the pain as they tried to see how his regeneration works.

William was also cooperative and obedient throughout the experiment, making Dr. Erik and his research team to be lenient in studying and collecting his anomaly. With William's good behavior, Dr. Erik gave him the freedom to ask for one book every week to keep him accompanied throughout the day. Of course, the book needs to be examined and reviewed first before giving it to him.

It could be said that lately, his life has been pretty boring, with nowhere for him to go or do anything in his cell. He was limited to what he could do, knowing that he's an SCP and he can't just wander around unsupervised.

He didn't know what to do except to read books, eat, sleep and repeat.

—-

It was a pretty normal night like others. William was just spending his time reading a book that he requested before he went to sleep. He felt like there was something happening outside his cell, but he wasn't really sure about it.

At first, William thought it was just someone or something walking down through the hallway in front of his cell. Which is not weird because the guards usually patrol some of the areas in the site just to make sure everything is under control.

He just brushed it off and continued to read the book.

But then he heard it again. This time it was a footstep. The way it sounds doesn't seem quite right, and it felt like someone was dragging its own leg. The rhythm of the footstep was not quite synced, unlike a normal footstep that has a pace and sound that differs for each person.

The footsteps became more and more apparent, with more steps could be heard. Like a group of people was walking through the hallway. But it still has that dragged footstep feeling for each step that was made.

He stopped reading and gazed his attention towards the door of his cell. He was really curious about what could be happening outside his cell, but he couldn't peek out to see what was happening and relied on his own ear to guess the situation.

After a minute later, the footsteps were gone. Thought it was just nothing and could be that some guards were carrying something from the other cell. William then continued to open his book and start reading it again.

A gunshot was heard.

Not only one, but there were several gunshots echoing through the hallway. William was quickly alerted about that sound from his cell, that something bad must have happened because there's no reason for the Foundation to shoot something if it's nothing out of the ordinary.

More gunshots were coming, and the emergency siren was triggered, indicating that they were facing trouble within the area. William rushed his way to the door of his cell and placed his ears next to it, trying to get clear information regarding what was happening outside his cell.

He heard gunshots and a snarling sound coming from the hallway. Chaos was happening outside of his cell. Foundation guards were shooting at something that made William a bit puzzled about who could've done all of that.

He walked up towards the CCTV camera in his call and waved his hand, "Hello? What is going on, and why is there a ruckus coming out from my cell?"

But there was no answer.

William then tried it once again, "Hellloooo! Can anyone hear me? Or at least answer me regarding what's happening outside so that I don't have to worry about it!"

"Sorry that we have to put you on hold right now, because there was a situation that needed to be handled." There was an answer, and it was from Dr. Erik, "All I can say to you know is everything will be fine, and you don't have to worry about it."

William was a bit relieved that Dr. Erik informed him that he was not in danger or anything. But he was really curious about what could possibly be the reason for the whole commotion outside of his cell to the point it made the Foundation have to undergo emergency procedures.

He then asked, "What was exactly happening there? I need some insight about the situation."

There was a slight pause, then Dr. Erik chose to explain the situation to him, "There was a breach. It was not directly made by the SCP itself. Moreover that his followers or so minions were causing the problem. We have to keep minimum contact with those creatures to minimize our casualties and to prevent more personnel from being affected by the anomaly. Hence why you and researchers like me are stuck in here with nowhere to go nor anyone to contact besides you until the situation has been sorted."

William frowned, "And the gunshots outside were Foundation guards fending off those quote-on-quote 'minions' of an SCP?"

"Yes. A horde of zombies created by SCP-049 are the ones that we're currently shooting at, and there are a lot of them coming, with the fact that SCP-049 could reanimate the dead guard bodies to be one of them. That's why both of us need to stay in our room and wait for the guards to take care of them."

This was quite a shock for William, because he didn't know that SCP-049 was contained in this site. The fact that he was here and making his horde of zombies to create some disturbance in here was quite extraordinary.

A thought came through his mind. What would happen if he met SCP-049 in person? Would that give him the ability for William to use just like he met SCP-415 before, which caused him to have a regenerative ability? If so, what kind of anomaly that would he obtain later?

There were many questions about what would happen in that scenario. But one thing for sure, William had to try it.

"Dr. Erik, I have a request." He raised his hand towards the camera, "Could you open my door cell and let me help the guards take care of the situation?"

Dr. Erik immediately answered, "No. I can not. There's a great risk involved in the situation, and putting you in there is the last thing I would do since there's no need for you to be there."

"You might be right about that because everyone that works for the Foundation knows very well the risk of living under that situation every day. But, I might be able to help them. I know how to make SCP-049 to deaggro and end the situation at once without causing more casualties."

There was a slight doubt from Dr. Erik about what William had just said, and he asked, "How are you going to accomplish that?"

"There's a way, but I need you to trust me. All I need is your permission to open the door, and I'll try to save anyone out there before it gets worse."

==========

You can read up to 18 Chapters before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

65