Chapter 60 “Loch Ness Monster”
665 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SCP-3934, For Sale: Loch Ness Monster, classified as a Safe class object. 

Currently, a pod of 59 SCP-3934 instances is housed within Lake Baocang in the Parazoology Reserve at Site-220, also known as the Baihe Natural Reserve Foundation. 

Parazoologists are in charge of managing a breeding program intended to reduce inbreeding-related genetic abnormalities in the population, as well as making sure that all specimens receive proper diet and medical treatment.

In the event that a live instance is found, it must be sent uninjured to the nearby Foundation facility. After that, transportation to Site-220 will be organized.

Only employees with experience working with Mesozoic reptiles should interact with the instance before it arrives at the Reserve to prevent unintended harm to people or the instance.

A type of amphibious reptile known as SCP-3934 was created by Marshall, Carter, and Dark LLP using anomalous methods. Mature males average 1.9 meters in length while adult females average 1.7 meters, making them just slightly larger than other plesiosaurs. Specimens are omnivorous and eat fish and aquatic plants for food. 

Despite being anomalously created, SCP-3934 instances lack any abnormal biological traits or adaptations.

MC&D originally developed SCP-3934 with the intention of selling instances as exotic pets or aquarium inhabitants. It is uncertain what procedures were employed specifically to achieve this.

In order to sell specimens to various wealthy people from noble or industrial backgrounds in both Europe and the United States, MC&D took advantage of the legend's widespread appeal. An estimated 1200–1400 SCP-3934 instances have been produced and sold between 1935 and the present.

SCP-3934 instances that have been abandoned or birthed in the wild frequently react violently against people and other mammals. The largest of them was found in Lake Champlain, where six feral species lived before being contained.

Three days later.

The people who were appointed for the SCP-3934 containment waited for another information regarding Marshal, Carter, and Dark auction would take place. They would need to plan out their whole operation and how to steal SCP-3934 from it.

William and Grace kept training each other, while mostly William trained his body and physique as she suggested to build a foundation for his whole body structure. Making her to be his personal trainer.

Beginning with a routine exercise that shapes his physique, William develops his durability, dexterity, and other skills that he lacks. Even if there wasn't much of an improvement, it was the first step on his journey to build a better body.

He was able to keep some of his shapeshifting ability, so there was an obvious improvement. His ability to maintain his form for a longer period of time than usual improved, although it only applied to a small portion of his body and only for a few minutes.

Only a few days left before they went to the Marshal, Carter, and Dark auctions. Both William and Grace were training in the gym like usual, and were suddenly interrupted again by Stevenson.

"Grace, William. The others waited for your attendance. We have more information regarding our operation later and need to discuss it with the other." said Stevenson as he arrived at the gym.

There were only Grace, William, Iris, Stevenson, Commander Blake, and two other Pandora's Box operators. The team for this mission was kept at a minimum to not raise any more suspicion.

Commander Blake gave them a document regarding the additional information for the auction later. It contains the venue where the auction will take place and a whole blueprint of the building for them to arrange their operation.

All of them carefully studied and looked at the information in their hands. The scale of the auction and the potential people that were going to attend was out of their expectation. 

While everyone was busy looking at the files, Commander Blake explained, "Given the number of attendees heading to the auction, Marshal, Carter, and Dark set a maximum attendance of three for each group."

Stevenson sipped his teeth, "So, we won't be able to get into the auction all at once. This is a bit troubling, I'd say." 

"We got that covered. One of the Foundation's shell companies had requested Marshal, Carter, and Dark to be part of the guests, which they seemed to accept and allowed three of us to attend later." replied Commander Blake.

Stevenson continued, "Then it's obvious, right? Two of the people that are going to attend the auctions are William and Iris. Which, in my opinion, is the perfect combination for this type of mission."

"I don't know if we could sneak in a camera for me to use my ability since it would only work best if I used mine instead of other camera devices." replied Iris as she was a bit confused about how they'll pull this off.

Commander Blake answered, "We could arrange that. Sneaking SCP-105-B's camera into the building might need a little more effort than." He pointed at the women's bathroom in the blueprint, "Breaking through here, since it's connected to the subway system."

Grace questioned, "Wait, so we're going to break into the auction secretly to deliver SCP-105-B's camera?"

Commander Blake nodded, "Correct. After that, some of you will be disguised as staff at the auction. Keep an eye out for the situation while the main group does its job securing the target. Can you obtain the item through the polaroid, Iris?"

"Yes, I could only do that through my camera. I would only need to take a picture of where it would be stored, which is probably going to be the hardest thing to do since we have no way to gain access to the storage room." answered Iris.

Everyone took a minute to consider how they would get to the storage room where Marshal, Carter, and Dark kept the items to be auctioned. Since there was no way to force their way in, they were out of ideas.

Then Iris remembered something and had an idea. She remembered that William was able to shape parts of his body into something else to his own will to an extent.

"William. You're able to change not only your hands, but part of your body, right?" Iris asked.

William answered reluctantly, "Yes, I could change part of my body for a few minutes. Though, it would need a lot of effort if I needed to change something that was hard for me to visualize."

Hearing this, Iris' eyes sparked, "Great, that's all we need. All you had to do was to turn your face into one of the staff's faces to gain access to the storage room. That way, I could take a picture and steal it later."

Everyone hummed, while this seemed to be a great idea to gain access to Marshal, Carter, and Dark's storage room. It was a bit risky to put both of them right on their faces, especially trying to act like one of them.

But there was no other choice. They could only rely on William's shapeshifting ability in order for their plan to work. All they need is a picture of someone who was in charge of the auction and brought Iris to the storage room.

"I could try, but I would need to train myself how to change my face before we went to the auction. Since it will be my first time doing so and might need a bit of effort to change my face." replied William as he thought about it.

Stevenson, "Counting on you with that part. Then, who's going to be the third person who will attend the auction?"

"You, Agent Stevenson. Given your capability, it seems that you're fit to watch both SCP-105 and Alpha One in the auction. Someone had to watch and keep an eye on them one way or another." said Commander Blake.

Stevenson scratched his head, "Why does it have to be me though…."

Commander Blake explained, "Both me and Agent Mike are going to be your driver and prepare the getaway vehicle. Agent Grace and Agent Lily are going to be the ones to transport SCP-105-B to the women's toilet and rendezvous with SCP-105 there."

He then continued, "They will carry out their mission as waitresses to watch the situation while making sure SCP-105 and Alpha One are able to get to the storage room. So, that only leaves you to be their supervisor."

Since everyone had already got their roles and tasks for the auction, Stevenson was helpless and accepted that he'd be the third person to attend the auction alongside Iris and William.

Seeing that everyone was ready for the mission and understood their roles, Commander Blake said, "Remember to maintain a low profile and refrain from acting unusually. There is no room for error as we enter the territory of our enemies."

18