Chapter 61 “Insurgency’s Next Move”
590 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While holding a vial filled with a light-green substance, Keith thought about it for a moment and studied the map on his own desk. He was planning what to do next regarding the next Chaos Insurgency plan.

It had been sitting vacant for a few days, and they hadn't made much progress towards their goal. Using it will definitely benefit them. It was only a matter of place and time they would need to execute it. 

Additionally, they would need to find someone who could manage the contents in it. Keith was unable to handle the contents of the vial on his own; a specialist with this kind of knowledge was required.

There was a knock on his door. Keith's eyes fixated on the map he studied, "Come in."

A muscular-looking person walked inside his room. He looked at Keith for a moment. He was busy with himself planning for the next act for the Chaos Insurgency. 

"What is it, Frank? Did the old man send and ask you when I will use the thing for the Insurgency?" said Keith while not paying attention to him.

Frank didn't react to anything he said, but replied, "It's not about that. Gray had returned and brought some information regarding the spear."

Keith stopped for a moment and turned his head toward Frank, "For real?"

"Yes, everyone was waiting in the main room to discuss it further. You might want to know about it since it's a big find." replied Frank as he walked out of the room.

Hearing this, Keith stored the vial in his desk's compartment and stood up from his chair. Walking out of the room, following Frank regarding the news that they had.

There were a number of Chaos Insurgency members gathering around a table in the main room that had several folders and documents lying around it. For a short period, they talked while keeping their eyes fixed on the files.

A man with ragged clothes and a scarf noticed Keith's arrival in the room. He said, "See? What did I tell you? The spear that Ava and Isaac found months ago was not an ordinary spear."

Keith walked up to the table with everyone, "Given what it could do to the bodies of those people, yeah, it is an anomalous spear, Gray. But what makes it different from any other anomalous spears?"

Gray laughed for a moment, "Keith, this was more than just an anomalous spear. I mean, sure, people that were inflicted by the spear, even if it's just the surface, that person would die in just a matter of minutes because of an illness. A deadly weapon indeed."

He continued, "But what if I told you there were several spears like that? That may or may not share the same anomalous properties or, better yet, have another effect on the people who were inflicted by it?"

Keith had some doubts about the information Gray provided because even one anomalous object was considered to be one of a kind in this world. The chances that there are multiple instances of it were unthinkable.

He then looked at the information on the table. There were records, photos, and documents regarding the spear that Gray had found in another place. One of which was put on an auction list by the Marshal, Carter, and Dark. 

Keith was most interested in the spear that was placed up for auction because it was the only one that had some information about it compared to the other spears, which had little to no information about them.

He said, "Who would've thought that someone would mass produce things like this? Who was their creator? Some other anomalous groups or what?"

"Ehh, I tried to dig up some information about it, but no luck. The only concrete information regarding its origins was the catalog released by Marshal, Carter, and Dark that it was from an ancient civilization or something." answered Gray as he scratched his head.

Frank joined the talk, "I'd say we go for it, the information said they'll be holding an auction in a few days in New York. Which seemed to be up for grabs for us."

"Yeah, Keith. Let's just steal from them, heist-style. It didn't seem to be a hard thing for us to do. Just let me and some other people here do the job quickly like we always do." said the girl who was chewing gum. 

"You seem to always be the person who seeks adrenaline in front of those people, aren't you, Skye?" replied Keith.

"What? Are you scared by those hotshots that are going to be on your tail once you disrupt their little community gathering to spend their stolen taxes money for some who knows what they're going to use?" said Skye in a mocking tone.

Keith then replied, "Not at all. What are there to be afraid of when we're literally the enemy of the whole world itself? Certainly, getting that spear would be useful to our plan later. Who knows that it'll have something greater than the previous spear?"

Skye stepped down from the table, "That settles it then. I'll bring my team to the auction. See you in a few days. I really miss New York and its people." 

She walked away from the table and left the room, seemingly already settled on how they would secure one of the spears later in the Marshal, Carter, and Dark's auction. 

"Will she be alright, though?" Gray questioned as he looked in the direction where she left.

"It's okay. It wasn't the first time she acted that way, and knowing what she was capable of, I think it'll be a success because that is what she excels at." Keith replied.

He continued, "Moving on, what about the other spears? Any information regarding where they could be located or found at?"

Gray then picked up some of the information on the table and gave it to Keith. It showed a location somewhere in the African continent region regarding the sightings and potential locations of the other spears. 

Keith narrowed his eyes and asked, "Are you sure that the spears are located somewhere in these regions?"

"As for the rough estimation? Yes, as for the exact location? Not yet. We need to scout out some more information regarding the spears since it was handled by their government because of cultural heritage or something." Gray responded.

Keith looked over some information and the map that showed the whole area that could be the potential places. But then he saw one of the buildings that were in the region, a building that belonged to the United Nations.

He sipped his teeth, "I don't think that this was just a mere coincidence that they would put it here, there's a possibility that they were unaware about it, but I doubt it. We could ask our moles there, but such a risky thing to do at the moment."

Gray hovered over the information that Keith was looking at and understood what he said, "Ah, I guess you're right. It is indeed risky to launch an operation there with them around. Either we go for it, but we'll suffer a big loss or don't do it at all."

Keith thought about it for a moment as to how they would plan for the Chaos Insurgency to be able to steal the spears without getting their attention. Given that the region was basically under their control. 

An outright and direct confrontation with that group would only make Chaos Insurgency in a bad situation. They were no match against them, especially if they knew what they were doing in that area. 

After a few minutes of thinking about it, Keith had an idea.

"It's a good thing that I saved it for later." Keith smiled, "Gray, I need you to find someone who specializes in virology and bring that person here. We need an expert to be able to pull this off." 

18