Chapter 62 “One Last Briefing”
619 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Approximately 10 hours before the auction starts.

Several Pandora's Box agents that were tasked for the auction to secure SCP-3934 were preparing with their final and last mission briefing before they went to the Marshal, Carter, and Dark's auction. 

Stevenson, Iris, and William that were tasked to be the main group that will go to the auction and proceeds to secure SCP-3934, wore formal attire, matching the dress code that was given by Marshal, Carter, and Dark. 

Grace and another Pandora's Box agent, Kurt, dressed in coveralls as they were disguised as a technical worker to break into the auction building. While sneakily bringing SCP-105-B to Iris without being confiscated. 

While Commander Blake and Agent Luke, while dressed in formal attire. They will be William's group driver to the auction while watching the whole situation from outside and preparing their getaway once they have acquired SCP-3934.

"I have prepared some identification cards that all of you are going to use later to get into the auction. Make sure you don't lose them" said Commander Blake as he gave William, Iris, and Stevenson an ID card for the auction.

The company that they were using for disguise was one of the Foundation's shell companies, which allowed them to get easy access to the auction since Marshal, Carter, and Dark target the higher class.

It was easy for the Foundation to forge a document that would allow their operations to go smoothly. The Foundation always showed up in the public's eyes under a different name to keep their secrecy.

Iris looked at her ID card, "My name is Michelle Adams?" 

"Yeah, it's just a made-up name for an employee in that company. Surely we don't want to use your real names in the auction later in case someone might know about you." replied Commander Blake.

Stevenson chuckled, "God, it feels so weird to be called Jonhston for a whole night later. Why does it have to be a really odd name to be used, though?"

Commander Blake then answered, "It's not odd. It's just a standard name used in companies. The name sounded more like someone who holds a high rank in that company, in my opinion."

Without even thinking about it and arguing further, Stevenson sighed, "Alright then. I just got to adapt myself to this new name."

As long as the fictitious name the Foundation provided to be used later in the auction worked and would mask their identity, William wasn't too concerned about it. However, he would eventually find it challenging to be addressed by a different name.

He then looked at the blueprint on the table once again and asked, "So, our target is SCP-3934, right? Nothing else we need to pay attention to with the other objects that are being auctioned."

Commander Blake hummed as he looked at the files, "Correct, while it may be another anomalous object that was being auctioned by them. Securing SCP-3934 is our main priority, so keep an eye out for the SCP."

Iris thought about it for a moment and asked, "So, wait. Why didn't the Foundation try to contain all of those objects that were cataloged for the auction since most of them were anomalous?" 

"Good question. Because there would be a lot of anomalous objects to be transferred to the nearest site, and getting away with that amount of things would only increase the risk of being found out." Commander Blake answered.

He then continued, "Our modus operandi was always to steal those anomalous objects from their clients once they have sold them to the buyer. Because that's literally how we get SCP-3934 in the first place."

Hearing this, something piqued Grace's interest, "So, why don't we do that? Like, isn't that way more risk-free compared to what we are about to do?"

"Indeed, you are correct. But the chances of the owner of the said anomalous object being away from their house and with minimum security is unthinkable. Remember that their clients are always those bigwigs who have tons of money for security."

Commander Blake continued as he put the files down, "That's why I thought that this was the only viable way for us to secure the SCP. Of course, it would make the mission easier with the help of your guys' ability."

Grace finally understood the situation and replied, "I guess so. It didn't seem like there were other ways to do this."

"Alright, everyone knows their roles and jobs for today's mission. We have about 9 hours left before the main event starts and we should get going to the auction." said Commander Blake as he glanced at each one of them one by one. 

"Remember, once we arrive, Stevenson's group will look for a potential staff member for Alpha One to mimic later and then meet up with Grace's group to retrieve the camera. Once then, we should be prepared for anything."

Stevenson put his hands on William's shoulder, "Counting on you, don't be nervous, alright?"

William glanced at him for a moment and replied, "Yeah, I'll do my best."

"Grace's group might have taken a little bit longer to get in, but all of you had plenty of time since we stole the SCP once the auction ended. This is to prevent them from realizing their objects had been stolen." Commander Blake continued his explanation.

"In light of that, maintain your composure and avoid acting unusually. Even if problems arise later, you don't want to upset the other attendees because later on, government officials and celebrities will be present." 

Everyone nodded as they were given last-minute instruction from Commander Blake. They were ready to launch their first mission as Pandora's Box Mobile Task Force.

"Operation Loch and Load have commenced!" 

Stevenson's group, which was joined by Commander Blake's group, and Grace's group, which was carrying the tools they would need to break in later, left the briefing room separately.

A van for Grace's group and a black SUV car for the other groups were already ready for each group for them to drive to the auction. Each had its own devices and equipment for the operation.

They all get into their cars and begin to take the elevator down to the main level, where they will meet up in the Marshal, Carter, and Dark auction building, where their primary objective will be located.

14