Chapter 63 “Welcome To The Auction”
504 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several hours before the auction starts. The time was 8:10 PM.

They had arrived at the area that was supposed to be the main venue of Marshal, Carter, and Dark's auction. Where everything will be held at this 30 floors towering building in the town of New York.

The road leading up to it was packed with vehicles flowing in and out, dropping off passengers who entered the building. As they prepared to take part in the auction, the guests started to arrive.

Despite a large number of visitors, politicians and celebrities entered the building. There are no photographers or paparazzi in the area. They must have kept the auction hidden from the public's general knowledge so that it won't get much attention.

It seemed as though a hidden society or club made up of members of the upper class was having a meeting here. While they were also spending their money on these exotic products, they were conversing and conducting business with one another.

The area was well guarded with police checkpoints that were moving through the region because it was known who the clients and guests attending the auction were—ensuring that no unidentified parties may disrupt their meeting.

Of course, with their close ties to the individuals in charge of the city's governor, Marshal, Carter, and Dark can easily accomplish this.

Their group had arrived at the front building of the auction venue. Stevenson, William, and Iris walked out of the vehicle and proceeded to walk into the building to get into the auction.

Security guards were posted at the entrance, and before anyone could enter the building, they had to pass through a security check. They were all thoroughly inspected and searched to make sure they had no contraband on them.

"Have you brought the documents that were sent by the committee days before?" said one of the guards. 

Hearing this, they pulled out the ID cards that were given by Commander Blake beforehand and showed them to the guards. Inspecting it and making sure that they were on the list for tonight's auction.

After a few minutes, the guards handed back their ID cards, "Welcome to the auction, Mr. Clifford, Mr. Johnston, and Mrs. Adams. Enjoy the rest of your whole night."

The three of them entered the building and made their way to the main lobby once everything was clear. Things seemed to be beyond their expectation when walking into the venue.

The entire building was vast and decorated in white, including the stage and all of the other elements. Modern and minimalist furniture can be seen all over the place. Showing the guests how luxurious it truly is.

As they enter the area, their groups notice a number of individuals, including several political leaders who control New York City and other states as well. Even celebrities and influential people have been seen at the auction.

"I would never have thought that these are the clients for the Marshal, Carter, and Dark. No wonder they had such a big influence despite working in the dark." said Stevenson in awe.

Iris looked at the celebrities that were attending the auction, "I wonder what are they talking about in places like this and what makes these people interested in taking part in the auction?" 

"People that attended this type of gathering typically came here to connect and form relationships with one another. They can acquire greater authority and connections the more wealth they demonstrate. Who knows what sort of shady business they were engaging in." replied Stevenson.

Iris laughed for a bit, "I wish I had that kind of money laying around and being spent for things like this. Not my cup of tea when it comes to this community gathering."

"Knowing most of them are influential people, it wouldn't be surprising that they're here to back up each other. Company rivalries are a thing, and you'll need as much as people to back you up in the chains of economy." William continued.

Stevenson shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe you're right, but who knows. As long as we didn't hinder their activities, I think we're good. Remember what Commander Blake said."

They were exploring the area and inspecting the entire building to see what kinds of rooms were there for the auction. While the majority of them were off limits and under the protection of some guards, they were unable to move beyond the main venue.

To be able to enter through the rooms and investigate where all the objects were kept, it appears that they will need to identify a staff member from the Marshal, Carter, and Dark who has a high level of authority.

Both the ability of Iris to extract SCP-3934 and William's capacity to shapeshift are crucial for them to be able to access it. They would need to carry it out to avoid detection carefully.

"Finding someone from the Marshal, Carter, and Dark is difficult in this place. I couldn't even get a good look if I tried to memorize and shapeshift their looks because it was too crowded." said William while a bit frustrated about not getting their target.

Seeing that was the case, they looked for a vantage point that was good enough for three of them to scan the area and look for the staff.

Iris' looked at the floor above and tapped both of their shoulders, "Look there. That should be enough, right? It seems like a lounge or something for those people to hang out and chill."

Stevenson hummed, "That could work given how it's positioned, though I'm not sure if we were able to access there. It seems like it was entirely reserved for VIP guests."

"That's our best chance; we could always try it, and who knows whether we're permitted to be there. We didn't have to move around every time to scout the entire area." 

Seeing that there was no other choice, Stevenson answered, "Alright then, fingers crossed."

The group walked up to the second floor, where a bar-like lounge was located. William didn't recognize any of the people that were in that lounge, but from the atmosphere itself, he could feel that these people were the real deal. 

Some of them had cigars in their hands and were engaged in conversation, drinking, and discussion. They were also well-protected, with a bodyguard keeping watch over the entire lounge for any potential threats.

One of the waiters called them on the reservation table, "Excuse me, were you looking for a table that's available for your corporation?" 

The three were startled by this. Stevenson then replied, "Yes, are we able to reserve a table for the three of us for tonight in the lounge?"

The waiter smiled, "Of course, all I need is your identity to include you in the report. The house has provided the best hospitality for the auctioneer tonight because everyone here is a guest."

Hearing this, all of them were stoked that they were able to access the lounge. Making it slightly easier for them to scout out everyone in the main venue. Seeking potential targets for their operation.

After handing the waiter his ID card, Stevenson returned it to him after a little while and began directing everyone to a table by the window. Precisely what they needed.

"Press this button if you need anything or assistance, and a waiter will arrive to assist you. Enjoy your night." said the waiter.

As the waiter walked away from the table, the three started to look toward the window. Scanning every person that was in the lobby, the venue, and the stage that William could form his face later. 

"Anything that catches your eyes yet?" Stevenson asked.

William hummed as he looked at the guests, "Not quite. There are too many guests in this building."

Just as he started to look at each of every guest at the auction, William saw someone that caught his attention. Someone familiar, as he had seen that figure not long ago.

A lady with blonde hair wearing a black dress can be seen walking past the guests in the main venue of the auction. 

13