Chapter 66 “Particle Reconstructor”
406 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One hour before the auction starts. 

Kurt and Grace were moving through the sewers while carrying their gear in the back. They moved by foot toward the Marshal, Carter, and Dark auction building's drainage system.

They intended to enter through the restroom, which was undoubtedly the area of the building with the least security and the only one with access to New York's sewage system.

In fact, breaking into the facility through this was their only chance to enter the auction since this was their only opportunity to enter their domain unnoticed without alerting them if there was an intruder or an uninvited guest. 

"This is definitely one of the weirdest missions I was given by the Foundation yet. I would never have thought to myself that I would be walking in this city's sewer system just to break into an auction." said Grace as she glared her flashlight at the surroundings.

"I've had worse." said Kurt calmly, "I mean, compared to dealing with some weird anomalies. This is pretty normal."

As they walked together, Grace looked at him, "So, what is it? My missions were never more than dealing with intruders or a containment breach by an SCP. Since I'm just a head of the guard from that site."

"Trust me, you don't want to know. Though, even if you insist, I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you about it since it's classified information." Kurt replied.

"I guess that's fair." 

Both of them arrived at their destination, a door and a room created especially for the building housing the Marshal, Carter, and Dark's auction. The entire building's drainage system was in this room.

Coincidentally, the maintenance room was also adjacent to the women's toilet on the first floor of the building. With that, they would use this to their advantage to break into the building without being noticed.

Kurt placed down his duffle bag and started to pull out the devices they would need to break into the toilet. Several pieces of equipment like a drill, a tablet, and other heavy-duty equipment were being prepared by him. 

"Catch." Kurt threw her a small drill and a small spider-looking robot, "If my calculation were correct, then that wall should be in one of the toilet stalls of the building. Start drilling a small hole into it and then put that spider in the hole."

Grace looked at the spider robot and inspected it, "So, what are we going to do with it?"

"Surveillance. We don't want to be found out by a random person while we're trying to get into the bathroom, right?" He then handed her a small pouch, "Here are the drill bits. I'd guess it'll be a few centimeters thick, so you would need a long one."

He stopped for a moment and looked back at Grace, "Oh, and make sure the opening was large enough to fit a palm. To save time, simply drill a rectangle through the block that can be removed afterward."

Grace began drilling a hole in the wall for the spider robot to enter so it could see what was on the other side without asking any more questions or wasting any more time. They don't have all night, and it would take them a while. 

Kurt was busy on himself preparing the next device that they were going to use later, while Grace was busy drilling on the wall.

"Why does it have to be a girl's toilet? Wouldn't that be weird knowing that you're a male? Since girls tend to spend more time in the toilet doing things compared to boys." asked Grace as she was killing some time off while drilling.

Kurt replied, "To put it into perspective, it may be true that girls spend more time doing their things. But keep in mind that most of those who attended the auction were those people from the high class, and they have something in common."

"And that is?"

"They're all some rich girls, and those kinds of girls were picky about it. They wouldn't dare go near a public toilet since that would be the last thing they'll go and would only make them trouble given what they wear." Kurt then placed a tablet next to Grace. 

Grace thought about it for a moment and said, "That's actually a good point, and I'm not even complaining about it."

She finished and removed the brick that she had drilled. The hole was exactly the size that Kurt asked for. Grace noticed the tablet sitting next to her and grabbed it up because, based on the user interface, it appeared to give her control over the spider.

Grace looked at Kurt, who was preparing some sort of device that looked complicated, with wires, pads, and other components connecting each other, which he tried to assemble by himself. 

Kurt looked at her and noticed that she had finished with the drilling, "Alright, that's good enough. Turn on the robot through that tablet and control it, should be fine and easy as I designed it to be user-friendly. Just imagine playing a game on it."

She activated the robot by pressing a button, and by using the tablet, she could view what the robot was seeing. She was puzzled because there were so many buttons and analogs displayed on the screen because she had no prior experience with this sort of thing.

"You can do it. Take your time." said Kurt as he was busy assembling something.

She tried to move the robot bit by bit, getting familiar with the control first before anything, and after a few tries, she seemed to get the hang of it. She was able to move the robot to the other side.

Kurt was right; she went straight to one of the stalls in the women's restroom, which would be the ideal location for them to enter the structure covertly. She then instructed the robot to jump before exiting the stall to scan the entire women's restroom for any stray individuals.

"It seems nobody was here, just like you said, clear without any presence of the auction guests or whatsoever. We're clear to enter the room once you're ready." explained Grace as she looked at the tablet. 

"Oh, I'm ready alright. I have finished preparing our stuff, and we should just go inside to meet with Stevenson's group." said Kurt as he was holding two pieces of ring pads connected to each other through a machine on the ground.

Grace was confused for a moment and asked, "What are those?"

"Particle reconstructor. A device that would allow solid material to be transported to two different points of location by deconstructing that particle, transfer it to the next location and reconstruct that particle once again to its previous form." Kurt replied.

She was even more confused by his explanation and didn't understand a single thing about what he had just said. It was too much for her since she was not a tech-savvy like him. 

Looking at her expression, Kurt chuckled, "It's a teleportation device! Nothing fancy, and it's just a small version of it. Allowing for us to travel both points, of course, these pads are the two endpoints."

Without ever further a do, Kurt threw one of the pads to the other side through the hole that Grace had drilled before and started to set up the other pads for them to use later. This would allow them to go inside the women's toilet.

"Gather everything we need because that is our entry ticket." said Kurt as he was meddling with the machine that's connected to two of the pads.

"So, we're going to be disintegrated and transported to the other side with that device?" Grace questioned.

Kurt shrugged his hands, "Well, in technical terms, yeah. But don't worry, it's totally safe, and there's nothing to worry about."

Since there was no other choice, and this was their only chance to sneak into the auction. Grace followed his words, grabbed her bag that contained Iris' camera and other things, and stood near one of the pads.

Everything seemed ready. Kurt grabbed his bag and started to stand next to Grace as he set a timer for the teleportation device to commence. 

"I'd suggest taking a deep breath the second we are about to be teleported." said Kurt. 

The timer started to count down from ten. Grace, who will be going through this for the first time, was a little anxious. Following Kurt's advice, she took a deep breath and held it until the countdown was complete.

As the teleportation process began, both of their bodies began to break down into small particles and were moved to the ring pads on the other side. The pads then started to instantly recreate their bodies as well as the items they were carrying.

Seemingly that the teleportation was done in an instant, Grace breathed a sigh of relief that it worked without encountering any problem. Kurt took out his phone and started to text Stevenson's group.

"We should move and meet up with the others immediately before anyone sees that we are here."

10