Chapter 80 “Lines of Blood”
238 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tall man sighed, "Did Vale and Skye fail to fight against you guys?"

Stevenson was puzzled by those two names; he would have assumed they were the names of his other two colleagues, whom the other members of Pandora's Box were currently fighting against.

The tall man stood up from his knees with his hands high in the air. He turned around and moved one of his hands to his pockets. He pulled out his gun that was used before and dropped it on the floor.

"Now kick it in our direction." said Stevenson.

He didn't comply. Instead, the tall man didn't do anything for a few seconds once Stevenson had told him to do so. Seeing this scene, Stevenson changed his aim from his chest to his head.

"Kick it or you will face the same fate as the man whom you shot in the head." said Stevenson giving him the last warning.

Once the tall man kicked it in their direction, Kurt was prepared to grab the pistol, but the tall man didn't move or make any noise the entire time, which created a little bit of a dilemma.

As he was about to take the initiative to move slowly to pick up the gun, the tall man said, "Kick it to you, right?"

"Correct, do it now." replied Stevenson coldly.

The tall man took a deep breath and looked Stevenson in the eye. He smirked at him and started to kick the gun on the floor with all his might. He was intentionally aiming in the direction of Stevenson's face.

But Stevenson didn't have time to react as the tall man did it suddenly and the gun flew in his direction at great speed. He shifted from where he was to avoid the gun.

It flew right next to him, and Kurt immediately darted toward the direction where the gun had flown to grab it so that they could have a higher advantage in the whole situation.

Just as Stevenson was about to shoot the tall man as he was resistant to the situation, he saw the man was cutting his own palm and dripping a lot of blood onto the floor.

He stepped as forcefully as he could into the pool of blood he had just created, and the blood soon began to move on its own. Not just on the floor itself but also on the hallway's entire walls and ceiling.

Lines of blood were scattered throughout the hallway. It was so sudden and happened in an instant without Stevenson could react to his action while his attention was diverted because of the gun he kicked.

The fact that his blood covered the entire hallway suggested that this person must have possessed some abilities. Stevenson believed that his spell had already ensnared them.

Stevenson attempted to aim at the tall man and fire before he could make the first move to strike them and incapacitate them inside as Kurt was attempting to retrieve the gun that he kicked.

Given the distance between them, Stevenson was in a better position because the tall man had nothing to use against him, and Stevenson possessed a gun, allowing him to disable him without having to approach.

Just as he was about to pull the trigger, a fist appeared from out of nowhere just below his chin and successfully landed a short uppercut to his face. Completely knocking Stevenson out.

The hit he received was powerful enough to temporarily knock him out of his senses; his eyes were dazed, and his vision was fuzzy. After the impact, he made an effort to restore his eyes' usual focus.

He couldn't see straight, and he could only see his shadowy figure still standing in the same position as before. He didn't move an inch from his original position.

Stevenson noticed that the tall man was moving his hands once more, but he was unable to see what the man had done this time around and could only make out that his hands were moving.

Kurt, who was running down in the hallway to grab the gun, was about to pick up the gun that the tall man had thrown and use it to fight against him.

Just before he was about to pick up the gun, an arm appeared behind him out of nowhere, the very same arm that had knocked and punched Stevenson on the chin.

Kurt was instantly knocked to the ground by a single hit to the back of his head as the hand moved and lunged in the direction of his head. Kurt was dealt a fatal blow by it.

His vision was also hazy as a result of the blow to the back of his head, which was severe enough to cause some brain and eye damage. As the strike was delivered, the hand vanished from the air.

Another hand appeared from the surface of the floor. Kurt saw it as the hand started to reach out and grab the gun that the tall man had thrown. But it was too late for Kurt to pick it up as the hand took the gun away and disappeared.

The very same hand that had been on the floor suddenly reappeared next to Stevenson, and it began to punch Stevenson's right arm, rendering him utterly powerless. It also forced Stevenson to let go of the gun he was holding, and it was taken away from him.

There was barely any time for them to grasp everything that had happened because it all happened so rapidly. The blood streaks on the wall, the unexpected appearance of a hand in the air, and the ground rendered them absolutely helpless.

Stevenson's eyes were clear right now, and he could finally see the tall man at the vault door. He saw that the tall man now held two guns in his hand, the same guns that he had thrown and picked up from the dead guard.

He didn't move at all from his position all the time, and yet he was able to steal both of their guns and knock them down to the floor. This left Stevenson puzzled as to how he did it.

And now that they are disarmed, there's more. Due to the tall man's unknown ability and how he managed to injure both of them, they had no choice but to engage in combat with him.

"I'd advise you not to be so cocky to think that you have the chance to beat me," said the tall man, "It would be better for you to run away and help me out since I already have a lot of work to do."

Stevenson looked at Kurt, who was behind him. He stood to his knees and recovered from the punch that the tall man had thrown at him.

It was down to two against one, but the other side had a weapon and an ability that could attack them without them noticing it.

Surrendering now would've been a bad idea, and calling for help was no use as the other Pandora's Box members were a bit busy handling the other intruders.

"You won't get to rush this, as we're just getting started. I've assumed that you both had taken out two of my friends." said the tall man as he took his first step to get closer to them.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5