Chapter 81 “Spells and Conjuring”
621 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grace saw both Stevenson and Kurt go into the door leading to the safe room, which made her a bit relieved that they had now aimed for their target of securing SCP-3934.

Now the only thing left for her to do was to apprehend this person who seemed to be a colleague of the previous person who tried to injure several guests that were there.

They couldn't just let this person go around in the building as it would disturb William and Iris, that was currently taking care of the previous person, and Stevenson and Kurt, who were in the hallway.

Along with the blonde lady who had previously been assisting them with her paper in eliminating the controlled security guards, it was up to her to take care of this person.

Vale had locked Grace to the ground and was using a lot of energy to free herself from the pin, but Vale was a bit overwhelmed by her strength. It was clear that Grace had the upper hand in this scenario.

She was trying to tie the blonde lady so that she would have no use of her hands and would therefore not assault her or the guards that Skye had taken control of. One threat was taken care of. Only one left that was on her body.

Elena was in a bit of trouble as both of her hands were tied by something that was invisible to her eyes. Something was preventing her from moving it around. As if both of her hands were tied down.

She guessed that it must be some of a conjurer's magic that was bound to her hands that was cast by that person who was trying to stop her from casting her spell on the guards.

Elena closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and chanted a few words. Once she had finished chanting, she opened her eyes to see what was exactly preventing her from using her hands.

Her eyes glowed in the color of a bright green. She could see clearly as to anything that was invisible to the eye before and saw there were a lot of threads wrapping around both of her hands.

The threads were a lot, and they could be traced back to where they would originate. Elena could observe that the threads were coming out of that person's left hand and probably had cast it once she saw her.

One way or another, she had to free herself from the bind so that she could continue on fighting against them and retrieve the spear that was taken from her by their group.

Casting another spell without the use of her hands was doable, but it would be better if she had more room to move rather than to be bound by that person. Despite the person being pinned by what it seemed to be a staff.

Vale was having a hard time gaining her full control of the body as she had to take care of two people simultaneously. While it may seem there was nothing for her to do, Vale still had something up her sleeve.

She appeared to be reaching for something as she raised one of her hands, just above Grace's right shoulder. Grace didn't see what Vale had done because her attention was on her.

A small hole appeared out of thin air right above Vale's hand, and a flip knife fell through it. She grabbed the flip knife that emerged from it, unfolded it, and then stabbed Grace on the shoulder with it.

As a result, she groaned in pain as something sharp had punctured through her shoulder and made the grip in her hands to be loose, which would give Vale a window for her to push Grace away.

She kicked Grace to the side and started to stand up to her knees, looking down at her, who was just stabbed in the shoulder. She averted her attention to Elena, who was bound by her threads.

Vale looked at her for a moment. She doesn't look like any of the staff or guards that are around here. Something about her was different by the fact she was able to cast some spells like her to eliminate Skye's puppets.

She went outside because she heard there were a lot of gunshots happening. Thought that Skye was in the middle of a bad situation where she would need a bit of help fending off these people.

To her guess, she was right. Skye was indeed in a bit of a troubling situation as she wanted to take control of the entire building with the spear. Indicated by her taking care of several guards near the auction stage.

When she saw that there was someone who was trying to disrupt her by taking over the building by killing the puppets, she knew that she had to do something in order to aid her.

Now, there were only two of them, with the blonde lady tied to her hands and the other one taken care of by stabbing a knife into her shoulder. She needed to move quickly and end both of them fast.

Elena was aware that she needed to take action against that person. She looked around the venue in search of a location where she could fight that person without being concerned about her surroundings.

Several guests were still left in the building, and it would be wise not to let them be involved in the situation further as there is a chance they would use the guests as a hostage.

Certainly, when the civilians are involved. Things could only go bad drastically from that point on as she doesn't want to have more casualties to be increased at this moment.

She noticed a room where she and the other person could quarrel alone. Although it won't be much, it will be enough to keep the two of them apart from the other guests so that they may go without incident.

With the thread in her hands connected directly to her, she had an idea of how she would bring that person into that room forcefully. Being tied with that person does come with pros and cons to her situation.

She started to move in a circle, wrapping her entire body with the threads that were connected to her hands. With the threads all over her body, all she needed to do was to run as fast as possible.

Elena quickly darted toward the room where they could be enclosed together without involving the others. In an instant, Vale was shocked and pulled by her strength as she was also connected to her threads.

She was dragged on the floor by all of Elena's might to the room. The thread was unbreakable as it was only Vale could control it fully whether it would dematerialize or not.

Grace saw this scene as Vale was taken to the room. She pulled out the flip knife that was on her shoulder and started to follow the direction where the two were heading.

It was not over until the person was completely defeated, and given the circumstance that Elena was in, she ran toward the room in order to aid her in defeating that person once and for altogether.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4