Chapter 3: An unexpected meeting
1.5k 17 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

English is my second language so I'm sorry if there are repeated words and the not so clear dialogue. 

If there are any grammar mistakes or any kind of that, please let me know in the comments

{|Amazon, 9:38 A.M|}

Appearing in a jungle like area, the cold wind slightly ruffled Frisk's hair as she occasionally hears the howls of random animals overlapping any other type of sounds. The sun's ray hits her skin as she breaths in the surrounding fresh air, she then walks to a nearby lake as she spoke out loud. "The only unregistered gates that the hunters association wouldn't be able to find or wouldn't try to find are places that are far from civilization, which would be the place I am looking for"

[Flashback]

5 months ago, in the night, Frisk was humming Death by Glamour as she was walking around the city to familiarize herself more, cars would occasionally pass her by as she was walking, but after seeing a shop that sells pictures of exotic places around the world. Frisk immediately rushed towards the shop as she was thinking her theory of trying to use teleportation or shortcut to a place where she herself didn't go to but saw in a picture. She then avoided the groups of people that are exploring and wandering inside shop as she also dismissed the stares she is feeling, she came to the cashier and bought a picture of a jungle like place.

"Thank you for buying at exo frame! Please come again!" He said as he smiled at Frisk.

"Yea thanks pal"

'Pal? I've never heard someone use pal before, not to mention a girl... Maybe I've been staying at my basement too long' the man thought as he stood there with a blank expression.

Outside, Frisk looked at the shop once more before walking to a nearby alley. "I feel like I would use alley's way too often in the future" she chuckled as she soon dissapeared from her position.

[Flashback End]

As she arrived on a clear and undisturbed lake, she explored her face once more. "I wonder... Was this body's soul already gone or did I replace her soul? Nevermind, forgeddabout it" Frisk smirked as she remembered a mod of sans in ddlc.

"Anywho" She stretched her whole body as she let a groan come out of her mouth as she then gained a steel like gaze. "Time for gate hunting" Frisk then teleported to a nearby hill without any trees that are obstructing her vision as she scanned the whole area. Seeing nothing noteworthy, she teleported to another nearby hill and did the same thing again and again for hours.

[5 Hours Later]

"Fucking hell..." She slammed her hands to her face as her cheeks redden. "Focus Frisk! Be determined!" 

As she was encouraging herself a small blast of wind was heard as she looked at the general direction. Deciding to see what caused the blast even though it might backfire at her, Frisk teleported near the area then walked all the way towards it. As she came closer, a small dagger was cutting through air, going in insane speeds flying towards Frisk. 

Frisk's whole body tensed as her body automatically dodged the dagger despite it reaching speeds near a bullet. She jumped then did a few spins in the air as she dodged another pair of daggers then quickly teleported to a nearby tree. "H-holy shit, what was that?" She looked around her as a voice then spoke. "Wow, bravo" a figure clapped as it came closer. "Haven't seen a human dodge that fast unprepared" the figure marveled as it walked towards the light, Frisk noticed that the being was unsurprisingly shrouded by darkness.

"Who are you?" Frisk asked with her voice laced with malice as she made a stance, waiting for the other's action. "Who I am is none of your concern miss...?" The being asked with a wide distorted smile.

"Now why the hell would I introduce my name to someone I just met?" The being made a 'tsk' sound as it spoke again while moving it's index finger right to left and vice versa. "Now now, a lady shouldn't use such foul words"

"Anyway, the thing is... Your not from this world aren't you? The way your magic works and how you use it is different from the so called hunters here, and even if you say everyone can learn a different way on how to use mana, yours is simply weird, you emanate a monster like smell even though you think, act and look like a human" It then chuckled as it looked towards Frisk. "But your a variable in our plan, so die"

The being then thrusted it's hands forward as ice came out from the tree Frisk was standing on, Frisk, who was surprised, still managed to dodged but as she did so, her jacket got caught in the ice which resulted in it getting torn at the front, she ignored it as she focused on looking for the being but it was no where in sight. "Looking for me?" A voice appeared behind her as she automatically took out her knife and clumsily swinged towards her back.

"Where are you aiming at?" It then appeared in front of her as it slashed the dagger down towards her but Frisk dodged it at the right time. "You really do have exceptional dodging skills" Frisk was already sweating from the constant dodging and swinging of her knife, she can't handle another barrage of attacks.

'I should've exercised more often!' Frisk yelled mentally as she dodged another dagger. "But unfortunately for you" The whole sky turned icy blue as the being that was shrouded in darkness became clear. It had blue skin and wore ragged clothes, white hair as it complemented it's pitch white eyes. "I'm stronger" ice tendrils the size of buildings soon came down onto you from the sky as a sonic boom erupted from the direction of the being. "Crap" Frisk silently whispered to herself as she willed something inside of her to come out and save her. Just as it was approaching her with it's cold white daggers, Frisk's left eye opened up, blue flickering light came out of her left eye, as the being was shrouded with blue light and a blue heart appeared on its chest. The being came to a jarring halt as the ice tendrils that was surrounding Frisk were also stopped by several massive bones that shot up towards it.

From the sudden stop of the being, the following force of the speed soon caught up as the wind obliterated the surrounding area. Frisk covered her face as she steeled herself to hold the being in place for as long as she can. After a few seconds passed, everything became silent. Moving her arm away, she then looked at her surroundings which made her gasp in shock. The whole place was uprooted, cracks on the ground was seen as the place was like a desert, there was nothing in sight except the ground, the destruction reached up to 10 km.

Frisk then turned towards the being. Now noticing it's appearance, something clicked inside her mind. "You're the Frost Monarch... aren't cha?" She forced out her words as just keeping the being still was already taxing for someone who just used magic for the first time. "H-how do you know my title? A variable like you should just die!" Frost monarch shouted as another boom erupted from the monarch that caused her to be thrown several meters away. Catching herself, Frisk knew staying here any longer would result to her death. "You just wait... I'll have my revenge the next time Icy you" Frisk raised a middle finger at it with a grin before teleporting to a faraway place as she didn't hear the strings of curses the monarch yelled out.

As she touched the rocky ground, she groaned in dissatisfaction as she held her beating heart. "T-that was too much for me..." She then sat down as the grass acted as a cushion, leaning onto a tree as she closed the her still opened eye. As she was about to take a nap, Frisk saw her torn jacket as she laughed a bit by the state of her jacket. 'I look like sans after getting hit by Frisk don't I? I'll just find a gate tomorrow, I need a nap for now as that fight with the monarch took a lot out of me'

48