Chapter 31 : Sect Examination
5.8k 13 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Tian and Feng Yue walked around and stopped at every food stall they see.  

“Roasted beef skewers!” 

“Steamed Buns!” 

 “Meat Buns!” 

 “Sweet Tofu!” 

Every food stall they went to, they paid in Spirit Stones and made the seller cry tears of happiness. “Thank you, Young Master, for his generosity!” 

Shen Tian actually absorbed some of those high-grade mortal SS and made them just like the low-grade like. 

 
“Now I can finally feed my Family without worry for a while!”  

“Thank You, Young Master!” 

“May the Heavens Bless you!” Everybody thanked him in tears. 

On that day, many food stalls had received Spirit Stones for payment. 

  

They did not know who this Young Master was, only that he gave them all Spirit Stones as payment. Everybody was happy, except a few. 

These that were not happy are the ones that have a bad soul. 

  

Shen Tian did not even glance at their food stalls no matter how good the food smelled. He only went to the ones that had a decently good soul. 

The people that did not receive any Spirit Stones could only watch and curse at those who did. 

  

Some even planned on stealing it from the others, but the moment they thought of that as if lightning had struck their minds, they dazed out. 

  

When they woke up, they did not remember anything they did today! This was Shen Tian’s way of doing things. 

You lived an honest and good life, but received no thanks for it? I will thank you for it!  

“Young Master Yi is such a generous man.” Feng Yue praised. 

“Generous? No, I am not generous. I only helped these who deserved it and not those who didn’t.”  

“I am very selfish.” Shen Tian smiles. 

“That’s already generous enough.” She added. 

 

******************* 

The next day, 

Extreme Province, located in the middle of the Jin Long Continent. 

  

It is also the city where the number one Sect in Jin Long Continent is located at, the Extreme Martial Sect. 

 Which is also part of the reason why it is so populated here today. Today is when the Entrance Exam for the Sect officially ends. 

It had already started five days ago and today was the last day. 

  

Today is when they finally start to test for whether or not you are qualified to be a Disciple! 

A boy with a goose on his shoulder could be seen walking towards the sect entrance. It was Shen Tian and Feng Yue in her little bird form but under her bird's eye’s dark rings could be seen! 

 Shen Tian has warned her to speak with him only through mind and not to speak infront of others. He wanted to be only treated as a mere mob! 

Last night, Shen Tian and Feng Yue had spent the night in a inn and even stayed in the same room and even on the same bed. He didn’t mind sleeping with Feng Yue but unfortunately Feng Yue had to spend a sleepless night, sleeping beside the harmless Shen Tian, She had to use her utmost will power to control herself! 

 

Cuckoo!”,she looked annoyed as she playfully hit Shen Tian. 

She had to maintain this form for quite a time so she was getting into her character. 

 

“Look father a goose calling like a chicken “ , spoke a little boy who passing by with his father ! 

 

“Cuckoo! CUCKOOOO!”, Feng Yue felt unfair as she complained to Shen Tian in his mind “ Young master now even a small child is making fun of me .*huff*” 

 

“Bear with it Feng Yue, please, “ said Shen Tian as he patted Feng Yue on his shoulder 

 

 

Every Five years, at the beginning of fall and the beginning of spring, the Extreme Martial Sect would have their examination of potential recruits. This was also the most important day of those youths of the Jian Long Continent who cultivated in martial arts. 
 
To them, the Extreme Martial Sect was the final goal. If they reached it, they could become a dragon that could touch the skies with a single bound. 
 
By entering the Extreme Martial Sect, though resources were important, it was the inheritance and legacy skill manuals that everyone obsessed over. 

The inherited skill manuals had accumulated over eons and in them was the culmination of experiences that all the preceding martial art seniors had learned. Without these experiences, then if one were to try and learn martial arts themselves, it truly would be a moron talking nonsense on the streets. 
 
But the available skill manuals were always very popular and dependable, but the true highest quality genuine goods could only be found and inherited in the sects. 
 
This method of inheritance was strictly controlled by the sects. If they were to discover even a hint that a disciple had revealed the secrets of their skill manuals, then a light punishment would be the destruction of their cultivation. A heavy punishment would result in instant execution. 
 
It was very difficult to inherit skill manuals. They were inconceivably hard to transcribe and duplicate. The martial arts pathway profound and esoteric. The flow of essence and the feelings that followed; the route of cultivation. These true essence gathering skills were unable to be described with words; therefore the true rare skill manuals were not recorded in books and were unable to be transcribed paper. 
 
Skill manuals were usually recorded on jade slips. Each small jade slip contained a wealth of mysterious and arcane information. Even a manual could only contain a general idea of what can be explained inside. If one wanted to engrave the mysteries onto a jade slip, one must have a complete understanding of the skill manual. This was truly difficult to achieve even then and moreover had to spend a great deal of time and energy. 
 
The skill manual could also not be understood by everyone. Even if they attained the jade slip, they might not be able to decipher the mysteries. It was just like a bank that released golden banknotes. Although it was money, those who did not understand it could only use it as tissue. 
 
Therefore the jade slips that contained these ancient manuals were very few, and could not be obtained no matter the price on the market. This was also the reason that the Extreme Martial Sect were able to cause young martial artists to go crazy with the desire to enter. However, these selecting conditions were harsh, and every year there were inevitably a massive number of aspiring martial artists that failed to be elected. 

 

Shen Tian walked towards the giant door in the distance., As the giant door was opened, many people came out, these few days the Extreme Martial Sect had opened their mountain entrance to recruit disciples, so many people came here to enter the sect, but the majority of these people were here to try their luck. 
 
Shen Tian passed through that giant door, walked on a straight and spacious bricked avenue. In the distance, Extreme Martial Sect was surrounded by a 20 or so zhang high wall.  

 
Shen Tian stood in front of that Huge Entrance, watching 'Extreme Martial Sect Heavenly Gate' these three imposing characters, in his heart could not help but upwell a heroic spirit. That giant door was still closed, but a small door was opened. 

 

“Ah, so this is what they call a Sect? Good good good “ Shen Tian mumbled to himself. 

“But Young Master its such a puny sect and still calling it the best ? 

 

“This is mortals realm it would be like this but I fill great here” 

 
 
In front of that small door was 20 very long queues, whose Spiritual Veins were being examined, only those who had a Spiritual Vein were qualified. Of course, if there were not enough crystal stones for payment then it was also not acceptable. 

 

Shen Tian was the last one to enter for examination for this year and it would be held again 5 years later. 
 
The Spiritual Vein was examined by standing on top of a circular disc, on the disc there was an array, which could detect the Spiritual Vein within the human body, then different kinds of aura would be illuminated, along with it, the corresponding value would appear. 

 

Although many people had Spiritual Veins, but most of them were unqualified, and only someone with a value above 60 will be qualified. Shen Tian, who was lined up for half-day, had only seen two people qualify. 

 

Finally, Shen Tian’s turn arrived, the examiner stopped him. 

“What with that beast with you? Is it tamed?” 

 

“Reporting to the elder it is my contract beast, “ said Shen Tian as he showed the contract symbol on his left arm. 

“Good but if you pass, your pet’s maintainance would have to be looked by you “ warned the elder. 

“Yes elder “ 

When Shen Tian stood on the disc, he hid his metal, wood, water, earth, space,time, dimension,lightning, light, darkchaos, and any other attributes that he had. In doing so below his feet on that disc only a red aura emerged,  while one value also appeared in the middle of that disc. 

 

Shen Tian was the owner of  Infinite Void God Vein and could use any attribites that is present in the world. 

62