Chapter 2. The Seven Sins System
9.2k 12 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 2. The Seven Sins System

"The gate room?" I repeated once more in disbelief.

"Yes. He also asked you to come alone. He said he already has his own candidate," added Ivy.

I raised one of my eyebrows.

"His own candidate?" I repeated it in the same shock and disbelief. Seriously, I didn't know of another stronger and more trustworthy demon than what I wrote on the list.

"He asked me to call you so you can send him right away," Ivy said.

Curious, I got up from my chair. Ivy also got off my lap due to my movement.

"Clear my desk. I'll be right back." Without further ado, I used my Teleportation skill to the gate room in the first tower. My dark aura engulfed me, turning my body into a cloud of smoke.

A second later I was in front of a huge stone black door. The crest of the demon kingdom was in the middle. Engraving ancient spells surrounded the sides. Great power from within it convinced me that my father, Diablo Bloodeye de Nightfall, had activated the gate.

I walked in a hurry to the big door.

"Caedos!" I ordered and the door opened by itself. The sound of my footsteps on the stone floor echoed throughout the room which was only filled by the huge pillars.

My eyes fell on the gate which resembled a dark purple-black big hole at the far end of the room. My father was standing in front of it. He was about 6 feet tall, the same as my height, and had a good build body.

Even though we looked alike, his hair, which was longer than mine, covered the back of his neck and his face looked like a man at the end of his 30s. Unlike my neat appearance, he looked shabby by only wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. He was a king, but he dressed like he was going to the beach.

"Where's the candidate?" I asked without further ado since I only saw him in this place.

Instead of answering me, he asked something else.

"You've already made a contract with seven strongest demon beasts, right?"

"Yeah."

He nodded repeatedly.

"Good."

I frowned at his mysterious attitude.

"Tell me, what happened? Where's the candidate?" I asked again.

Again, he answered me with another thing.

"Can you show me your true form?"

I turned to him in confusion. My frown was getting clearer.

"Dad, seriously stop beating around the bushes. Tell me where's the candidate and why did you call me here?"

The only thing that went through my head was he didn't have a single candidate yet. But he pretended that he had it to protect his dignity.

But this time his response was beyond my expectation. He turned to me and glared as he turned into his true form. His muscles were growing much bigger than before. Claws replaced his hands. His goat-like horns were elongated. His two pairs of wings resembled spider legs behind his back. A tail with two spikes at the end appeared behind him.

"I said show me your true form!" he roared.

The violent wind blew hard in that windowless room. The atmosphere turned heavy only with that single sentence. A great power stormed at me.

Spontaneously, I changed to my true form. Not because of his orders, but because I had to protect myself.

Even though my height and body size didn't change, black hard skin covered my entire body. Several thorns grew on my shoulders, arms, and thighs. My hands turned to sharp claws. Six wings and six tentacles appeared from my back.

To make it worse, several mouths with scary teeth filled my tentacles and every one of them had red eyes with pupils that resembled snakes. Those red pupils indicated I was ready for the battle. But in the normal state, those pupils were yellow and less scary.

A pair of tails that resemble rose stems appeared. My purple core was on my chest. All humans and angels were afraid of me when I was in this form.

In one move, a swing from my wings deflected his attack. While my tentacles lifted with their tips bent like snakes' heads, ready to attack their opponent.

"Do you want to fight me here?" I challenged him. The only thing that held me back was, I didn't want to damage the portal.

This time he answered me with a laugh.

"I'm not looking for a fight. I just want to see your true form."

Seeing his attitude, I frowned again. I wondered if he broke his sanity during his sexclusion.

"What do you want?" I said straight to the point without lowering my tentacles.

"Has Ivy told you that I've found my candidate?" he said in a casual tone with his eyes fixed on me.

"She did." But then, I gasped with wide eyes as I caught what he meant. The candidate was me... He wanted to send me as a spy to the mortal realm.

"You're kidding, right?"

"This is an important task and I can't entrust this to anyone else. Moreover..." He opened his palm. A dense power oozed out of it and formed a small orb the size of a marble. I recognized it immediately. It was the new seed of seven sins. The seed that came from the king's core.

"Isn't this the right time to expand your power? Or do you want to depend on the power of wrath forever?"

I hated to admit it, but yeah... I had been relying on the power of wrath too much. That was the reason why I sank into insanity and slaughtered all my enemies mercilessly in the last war.

Indeed, it wasn't a nice move. Moreover, I felt like an unintelligent monster after that power overwhelmed me and as a leader, it would be unwise if I lost my mind.

"But doing this mission and expanding my power at the same time... Isn't that unwise?"

He chuckled.

"It's the mortal realm, Azrael. Even if your level drops to level 1, you won't lose. After all, you only need to look for evidence and the mortal realm's monsters are much weaker than ours." A mischievous smirk bloomed on his lips.

"In addition, they have many beautiful women. You should bring one or two as your succubi," he teased.

I took a deep breath.

"True." I studied the mortal realm through books some time ago. So this shouldn't be a problem for me. But then, I realized something important.

"Wait, what do you mean by level 1---" Unfortunately, it was too late. Faster than a flash of lightning, he teleported in front of me and pushed the seed into my core.

After that, I couldn't speak a word except screams of pain. I glanced at my core. The seed let out sticky black cobwebs before entering my core completely. The pain burned my whole body as my strength disappeared. It was the most hellish thing I ever felt.

I fell to my knees. One by one my demonic features crumbled into pieces, including my thick armor skin that covered my body.

- Brak!

As my last Demonic features disappeared from my body, my whole body hit the ground. The only one that came out of my mouth was my grunt since I didn't have the strength to scream anymore.

My vision was getting blurry. What I could see was only the vague figure of my father and a screen in front of me.

[Congratulations! You have reset your power!]

[Installing the seven sins system on your core... ]

"What... Have you done... To me... ?" I said weakly.

"The power of wrath has created an imbalance in you, so the seed will reset it. Don't worry, it doesn't disappear from you. The seed only keeps it and will release it gradually. Your power will be evenly distributed and your level will also rise quickly compared to others." That answer sounded faint to my ears.

Then I could feel my body slowly move away from the ground and float towards the portal.

"As for your job, I will take care of it. I had burdened you a lot over the last 100 years, but I had to create this seed. While your sister is still immature so I have no other choice but to put all of my workload on you. And Ivy, I will tell her about this. I also have prepared a puppet for your double so you don't have to worry. Just concentrate on your mission," he explained.

I wanted to ask a lot of questions but I was too weak. After that, all I saw was darkness as my consciousness disappeared.

Note: The MC and his father pics are available on the glossary.

171