Chapter 67. Selfless Profession
2.3k 3 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 67. Selfless Profession

???'s PoV

The blonde-haired girl trod passed the Clourmity Academy's empty corridor. Every now and then she fastened her steps before she slowed down again. Her eyes swept all over the building. This was the second time she left her friend alone after she felt a strange energy. And this time, it came from the academy. Here!

Unfortunately after searching for some time, that energy disappeared without a trace. So she had no way but to look for it randomly.

She stopped in her tracks and gritted her teeth.

"Damn, I lost it!" She muttered in annoyance.

Strangely, this energy felt a lot fainter than usual, so she had a hard time locating it. Apart from that, there were no attacks at all. That confused her. She realized this energy was different from the previous energy, but this typical energy should belong to a more terrifying creature.

She was silent, frozen in the middle of the corridor. Her brain was trying to analyze what had happened. Especially why that energy just disappeared without a trace.

'Did they send reinforcement here?' she guessed. But if they did, they should have told her. Another guess, it could be her enemy's spy. Worse, maybe the enemy sent one of its strongest leaders.

Well, she had expected this after the last light and dark meeting but she didn't expect it to be this soon. Even though she didn't mind that since her latest clue showed that all of this nasty incident wasn't purely the enemy's work, she didn't want this spy to interfere with her investigation. Moreover, she knew the enemy's nasty nature.

She turned her gaze to the side and stared blankly at the park from the window.

'That means, there's a possibility that the enemy's spy is hiding in this battle academy,' she thought. That was the only reason why the strange energy had suddenly disappeared without a trace.

While it did not affect her mission in the mortal world, her worries clouded her heart. She was afraid that this spy would hurt the mortals or even mess up this academy.

'I have to do something…' she thought. But the best way she could think of was to move to this academy to find that spy and protect the mortals. Luckily, her contract at her current academy had almost ended, so she could move here easily. What she hoped was that this academy had a vacancy for a paladin. And with her good reputation, it should be easy.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. I have to move into this academy…" she muttered unconsciously.

A girl's voice accompanied by a tap on her shoulder dismissed her thoughts.

"Aria!"

Yes, that was her alias name in the mortal world. Aria. The mortals acknowledged her as a prodigy paladin due to her extraordinary strength. While her real identity was one of the seven goddesses of virtue.

The queen— her mother, sent her to the mortal world after the queen answered a mortal's summon, who asked her to heal her dying daughter. That poor girl had been attacked out of nowhere on her way home. When the queen saw the invisible demonic power on the girl's wound, she immediately realized the one who was attacking the girl was a demon.

So after she healed her, she decided to go to where the girl was attacked. And her guess was right, she found a low-level demon roaming around the border between the three realms. So after she killed it and returned to the light realm, the queen decided to send Aria to the mortal realm to investigate this matter. Anything stuck at the border should only last a few seconds or minutes. But this low-level unintelligent demon managed to stay there for more than a month.

Aria turned to the black-haired girl by her side.

"Yes?"

"You left me again!" the girl complained. A frown of displeasure was on her forehead.

"Sorry. Um… uh, I have a lot on my mind," Aria said in regret. She couldn't give the same excuse since no one was there.

The black-haired girl looked worried upon her statement. It was unusual for Aria to act like this.

"What's---" The girl just wanted to ask what happened to her but her words stopped when her gaze caught the two figures of a man and a female mouse demi-human in the park.

"Is that Dr. Allen?" she said spontaneously.

"Huh?" Aria answered with a stupid voice and turned to where her friend was looking.

A man and a woman entered her vision. Immediately, she realized both of them were combat doctors from their skills. But rather than his handsome face, she was more interested in how he taught the demi-human. Aria soon realized that he wasn't teaching her to support the team but to defend herself when she was separated from her team. It was a basic thing yet it was rarely taught by the academy.

Apart from that, she also realized how he taught the clumsy demi-human diligently and how he used his barrier skill to prevent her from falling.

Moreover, it was only the two of them in that park, but he treated that demi human like a real gentleman. No perverted gestures. No nasty looks. No dirty smiles. Only encouragement.

It was much more precious and beautiful than when she watched his victory.

"Yes, it's him," Aria said without taking her eyes off him. Even though they were a bit far away, she could confirm it since her eyes were much sharper than mortals.

"You should tell me that you have found him," the black-haired girl complained with a pout.

"C'mon. Let's say hello." She pulled Aria's hand, asking her to follow her.

But Aria didn't budge. "I think I'll stay here," she said.

The girl released her hand. "Just wait for me at the cafeteria, okay? I'll be there once I'm done talking to him." Then the girl left in a rush.

Aria returned her gaze to the window and stared at the two combat doctors who had almost finished their training. She was not even sure her friend would manage to catch him up.

A smile appeared on her lips. For some reason, even though she had never met this man, she felt so familiar with her.

"Well, I think I'll have a good friend once I move here," Aria mumbled.

After all, only a good guy would choose a selfless profession like a combat doctor, right? And due to their prideful nature, demons wouldn't take that profession. So what she needed to think about was finding out who the shadow realm's spy was.

"Well, I should pay the principal a visit. I'm sure she can give me a job here," said Aria, turning around and leaving.

Important Note: Azrael is always in his true form when he attends the meeting, so none of the angels recognize his humanoid form.

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 109) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

84