Chapter 70. How To Act Normal?
2.2k 6 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 70. How To Act Normal?

We went to the diner next to the academy. It was a bit crowded for me and the interior didn't look like a restaurant where a couple spent their dinner. Not to mention, it didn't have any romantic vibe at all.

According to Darren, this was the best dinner place in the city and he often went with his girlfriend. But judging from Julia's response, it seemed that students' thresholds and teachers were different.

Luckily, Julia didn't mind it and said that she wanted to try this place for a long time since the students said the food was so good. And I admitted even though the food tasted foreign, I could say it wasn't bad and I kinda like it. So did Julia. Plus the price was inexpensive. So it was a win-win for me.

The only thing that made me a little uncomfortable was the people's gazes. I even caught some of them taking photos of me with their phones in secret. Although I was used to this kind of attention in the shadow realm, I didn't like it when they did it in my personal time. Especially when I ate and dated.

But I couldn't reserve a whole restaurant for my date like what I usually did in the shadow realm. Not to mention, the duel had gone viral, so I couldn't expect less from this. Well, at least they didn't go as far as asking to take a photo with me or interrupt my date.

"You surely attract other people's attention," said Julia in a teasing tone after she wiped her mouth with a napkin.

I put my empty glass on the table. A heavy exhale came out of my mouth.

"Don't blame me for that. I work indoors, not having any colleagues and literally do what common mortals do. Yet they are attracted to me. I seriously don't know what else to do," I complained. This wasn't a joke since as a secret agent I should have kept my profile low, but this was the opposite.

I glanced at the window beside me. My sight was fixed on where Rachel was hiding behind a tree in front of the diner.

"I even have a lot of stalkers now," I added.

Her giggle made me return my attention to her.

"You can't say what you do is the same as what others do. You're different," she said.

"Then tell me what makes me different? And how to act normal?" I asked with a frown.

She tapped her index finger under her lip. "Hmm… that's a tough question," she hummed with a puzzled expression.

"Just tell me," I demanded.

"You are attracting people naturally. That's the problem. I know it's a normal thing for other people. But when it comes to you, you make it different. Not to mention your skills are above others," she explained.

I frowned in confusion.

"But I only used certain skills and limited my strength. How could it be?" I said in a low voice. Also, I refrained myself from making trouble with other people. Except for Theo, it wasn't my fault.

"It's not me who is looking for trouble, but it's the trouble that comes looking for me," I added.

"Your battle experience makes the difference. No matter how much you try to hide it, your capabilities are clear from the way you act or respond to something. You are calm when everyone is panicking. You know the best solution for every problem, calculate everything well, and can turn things around in a snap." A long exhale came out of her mouth. "And---problems will always come to a capable person."

'True…' Besides level, the battle experience was crucial for every warrior so even though my Fake Skill covered my level and skill, I couldn't lie to my 500 years of battle experience.

"But I'd rather die than act like a fool," I stated.

"It's not something that can be covered up that easily. A professional will be a professional wherever they are," she replied.

I pressed my lips.

"So… Do you think what Theo said is true? It was my fault who stole his spotlight?" I asked her opinion.

She took a deep breath since Theo was such a sensitive topic for us.

"Are you sure you want to hear my honest opinion?" Her eyes observe my expression.

"Go ahead."

"Kinda. But the real problem lies in him, not you. But I have to admit your capabilities are a threat to people who like to be the center of attention. Moreover, Theo had long considered himself more than the others. That's why he's trying to make you look bad in other people's eyes. Unfortunately, you didn't give him the response he wanted and everything he did backfired on him," she gave me a long explanation.

"He's envious of me…" My devilish smirk returned.

"You seem to enjoy it," she said.

I glanced around us, making sure no one was trying to eavesdrop on us before I leaned on her.

"Envy is one of the deadly sins and I'm sure it will lead to his death." Again, I said it in a low voice.

Her expression turned tense. A long exhale came out of her mouth. Even though she didn't say anything, I realized that death was a taboo subject for mortals. Especially if it was about their acquaintances. So I decided to turn our conversation around.

"Anyway, can I ask you something?" I asked without pulling myself away.

"Sure," she answered.

"Can you keep an eye on Evie and Rachel for me? You don't have to follow them, just find out what they want from me. Especially Rachel," I requested.

A frown appeared on her forehead. "Evie and Rachel? Why?" she asked.

"Evie is an empath. It seems that she sensed something from my emotions after I had a strange dream last night. While Rachel…" I glanced at the window on our side.

"It seems Theo forced her to discover my secret. I tried to help her but she was too scared to open up to me." While I couldn't get rid of Theo yet due to the viral video.

"Theo did that?" asked Julia in disbelief.

"That's just my guess. But I bet it's 80% correct. Otherwise, she wouldn't have come to the infirmary this afternoon and started stalking me ever since. She's even watching us from behind a tree," I said as I pulled myself into my seat.

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 113) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

80