Chapter 19: A journey?
2.9k 26 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was unconscious again! It feels like it will become some weird habit. So annoying.

 

I carefully opened my eyes.

 

"UHA!?"

 

A surprising sound came out of my mouth.

 

My field of viewing was too different, so I immediately closed my eyes again.

 

I opened my eyes again, but this time slower and cautiously...

 

It's the same, as before!? My field of viewing is the same as a human one!

 

A text window dazzled.

 

(Deity Form unlocked. Switching between the original and Deity form is now available.)

 

Immediately, my gaze wandered to the wall full of mirrors.

 

"What!"

 

In the mirror was a human-like figure.

 

That's me!?

 

My stature resembled a primary school child of just 9 or 10 years. On my head was a pair of fire red rabbit ears, and on the forehead, in front of the hairline, there was a horn about 20 cm long. The hair was a bit shorter than my shoulders and was pitch black with fire red hair tips. 

 

The eyes surprised me the most because they were green, as well as Persephone's or Tyche's.

 

Breasts? Were non-existent...

 

On my pelvic bones and thighs were feathers. At first glance, one might have thought that plumage was shorts. The plumage consisted of black feathers with a red tip.

 

In the lumbar region, were two wings growing out of my back, these shone in a fire-red like the ears or the hair tips.

 

Being young again, but...

 

I put my hands on my chest.

 

... this is a bit too young!

 

I looked at myself in the mirror for a while, and I couldn't think of anything else to describe myself with the word "cute".

 

Now, if such batty Lolicons would stand next to me, they would have slain me with their "love" along time ago.

 

Tyche, are you there?

 

(Ah? Eris, what's up?)

 

You don’t happen to have any clothes in your sanctum?

 

(Hmm... I think in my bedroom should be some clothes.)

 

Good! Where is your bedroom?

 

(It's the first door on the right, in the hallway.)

 

All right.

 

I followed Tyche's description and went into the hallway.

 

I stopped in front of the door and opened it carefully.

 

A thick layer of dust spun up.

 

I had to cough and sneeze. Even my eyes started to water.

 

The room was very minimalist because aside from the bed was only a large closet and some tapestries.

 

(Look down into the closet first.)

 

I do.

 

I opened the first drawer, nothing, then followed the second drawer, socks... When I opened the third, I found different clothes.

 

I pulled out a few in turn.

 

"Oh! That should work."

 

Finally, I pulled something out that looked like a white one-piece dress. It had some holes, and it was too long for me.

 

(I always wore this dress under my armor.)

 

Did you just say armor?

 

(Yes, in the war I fought alongside the others, you could say that this dress was like my last armor.)

 

I was surprised that this dress should be like armor.

 

I used (Appraisal) on it.

 

<Appraisal>

 

Name: n / A.

Make: Magic Silk

Intended use: Dress

 

Magical Effect:

When magical energy flows into the magical silk, it creates a layer over the clothes. The layer strengthens the clothes to become as hard as metal and without burdening the movement with unnecessary weight.

 

Disadvantages:

To maintain, the effect a permanent use of MP is needed.

 

<=====>

 

"Short fights are fine, but for a long-lasting fight, do I need a better solution."

 

I put on the dress, which was much too long, and tore it down so that it ended just before my knees.

 

(And what are your plans from now on?)

 

"I think I visit my former home and then go on a journey?"

 

(Why did that sound like a question?)

 

"I'm still undecided."

 

(As you like, I go into the economy mode, call me if you need my help.)

 

"...Alright!"

 

(Ah yes, if you sit on my throne, you find a blue crystal, it brings you back to the entrance of the Sanctum, and one more thing, check your status to be on the safe side, maybe some skills had to adapt to your physique or aren't available in this form.)

 

"OK, I'll do it when I left the sanctum."

 

I ran back to the throne room and sat on the throne. On the inside of the left armrest was a blue crystal.

 

"That must be it."

 

I lay my finger on it and let a little magic flow into the crystal.

 

It flashed briefly, and a moment later, I stood in the middle of the forest. The entrance to Sanctum looked like it used to, the tree stood as if it had never toppled over.

 

The first rays of light came from the horizon, into my eyes.

 

"Daybreak, perfect."

 

Before I leave, I should, as Tyche said, check the status.

 

I opened my Status.

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Hecate's Blessing, Unique Subrace

Race: Horned rabbit (One-horn Wolpertinger) (Deity Form)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: n / A.

 

HP: 142/142

MP: 172/172

 

Level: 1/25

EP: 0/75

 

ATK:   94

DEF:   68

MAG: 272 (+136)

AGI: 288

INT: 108

 

<=====>

 

...AFK ...if only it would be so easy...

 

I hope that my Ability List is "normal".

 

<Ability List>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.3)

(Horn Throw Lv.3) -> (Shoulder Throw Lv.3)(Adapt)

(Phoenix Shock Lv.1) -> (Phoenix Strike Lv. 1)(Adapt)

 

Defense:

(Dodge jump Lv.3)

(Counter kick Lv.1)

(Fire Immunity)

 

MAG:

(Enhance Body (light) Lv.2)

(Fire Affinity)

(Dark Affinity)

(Phoenix Fire Lv.1)

(Phoenix Inferno Lv.1)

(Finster strike Lv.1)

 

AGI:

(Charge Lv.1) -> (Sprint)(Adapt)

(Dark Voyage Lv.1) ->  (not available)

(Flying Lv.1)

 

Without Attribute:

(Presence sense Lv.1)

(Appraisal Lv.3)

(Core Eater)

 

Title Abilities:

Hecate's Blessing - (+ 50% MAG)

Unique Subrace - Disguise(Perfect)

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x2)

 

<==========>

 

"I expected the worst. Good, that nothing crazy happened to my abilities."

 

I was visibly relieved.

 

Since I want to go back to the meadow anyway, I should try (dark journey) as long as the sun stays low. Good, that the transformation between both forms is stable now, and I can switch at any time.

 

Said and done.

 

I switched back to the horned rabbit form and used (Dark Journey).

 

My body sunk into the darkness on the ground.

 

I felt like I was underwater and could see everything through the water surface. But it was also like a wall that prevents me from going through it.

 

I followed the direction in which the meadow should lie.

 

This feeling...

 

My senses were spinning, it was like I was on a roller coaster.

 

My thoughts were centered around the thoughts of "faster and faster" and "on and on".

 

I don't know how much time passed, but when one of my new abilities made a warning, I woke up from my speed rush.

 

It was the skills (presence sense), a window with a map opened on the edge of my field of vision.

 

On the map were many black spots, but a little further away, were two yellow dots.

 

I let (Dark Journey) end and looked into the direction of the yellow dots.

 

The black spots are apparently trees and rocks.

 

I turned into my humanoid form and approached the position where the yellow dots seemed to be.

 

I could see, through a group of trees, two guards standing in front of a wooden gate.

 

Uh? A settlement? Am I perhaps too far? The guards look like humans ...didn't Crete tell me that the Elves and Albae rule this continent? It doesn't matter now.

 

I was about to step towards the gate, when...

 

(Stop!)

 

Tyche's voice echoed loudly in my head.

 

W-What !?

 

(Even if you've adopted a humanoid form, you can't approach the settlement like that!)

 

Why not?

 

(Your race!? Look at your horn, your ears and your wings.)

 

...

 

(And your subrace too!)

 

...and what do you think I should do?

 

((Disguise(Perfect)): This ability can obfuscate your status and manipulate your appearance.

 

Disguise Status: The status is adjusted to match your manipulated appearance.

 

Manipulate Appearance: The ability can hide physical traits. For example, the horn of a horned rabbit.)

 

That can (Disguise(perfect))?

 

(Yes!)

 

And how should I disguise myself, which race would be advisable?

 

(Rabbit Werebeast)

 

Rabbit Werebeast? Are these people with animal characteristics?

 

(ha... ha... HAHAHA!)

 

What?

 

(I think you shouldn't say that to the Werebeast race!)

 

...ok...

 

I answered rather indifferently, I never intended that anyway.

 

I activated (camouflage (perfect)), and promptly opened a window in front of me with two pictures, and above the pictures was "Choose Option 1 or Option 2 to disguise yourself as one of them".

 

On the left picture was a picture of me without my rabbit ears and horn on the forehead, only my wings remained. Under the picture was "Valkyrie" written.

 

In the right picture was I without my horn and my wings. Under the picture was "Werebeast(Rabbit)" written.

 

That's it!

 

I tapped my hand on the right picture.

 

My whole body itches for a brief moment and with the stop of the itch, opened my "Status".

 

<Status(Pseudo)>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Nomade

Race: Werebeast(Rabbit)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: n/A.

 

HP: 142/142

MP: 132/172

 

Level: 1/25

EP: 0/75

 

ATK:   94

DEF:   68

MAG: 272 (+136)

AGI: 288

INT: 108

 

<=====>

 

Chapter 19 is the first "new" chapter because when I released the Prologue were Chapter 18 already written.

61