Chapter 23: Vilavil
2.7k 10 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Perrine was about to leave me when she turned around again.

 

"Uhm, I don't know if that helps, but there's an Albe in the Admeras embassy, she had something to do with horned rabbits awhile ago."

 

"Thanks, maybe I'll drop by later."

 

"Good luck with your search."

 

I opened the protocol of Perrine.

 

The table of contents was sorted, by years, what didn't make it any easier for me.

 

I just started flipping through the protocol.

 

The first dates were from over seven years ago, and every significant event summarized into a few lines. I read some of these lines.

 

36 Otordris 1600

 

The stock of herbivores in the forest has declined in recent days. The regent suspected a predator has spread near our town. Some hunters were sent in for exploration.

 

I jumped several pages.

 

7 Mazt 1601

 

Some hunters reported strange behavior from some Orc settlements. Count Eltenant prohibited further investigation, by saying, "We don't have the gold to chase after delusions." and prevented any further search.

 

Again I flipped a few pages.

 

8 Hurous 1602

 

Orcs began attacking villages and smaller towns. Armed forces were sent from the capital for support.

 

40 Sindris 1602

 

On the border, between the Elven country and the human kingdom, a city is to be created that will prevent an orc crisis in the future. I volunteered to take over the Wizardguild in this city.

 

5 Otordris 1602

 

A clearing in the forest, near the border, was designated as the foundation stone of the new city...

 

I stopped reading, and changed to the folding map, at the end of the protocol.

It was a map of Syrras with an approximate borderline, as well as the two capitals.

 

The map is not detailed enough...

 

I flipped the map back together and closed the protocol. I put it on the other books and looked for Perrine.

 

She was already standing behind the desk, but when she saw me looking up, she came out already.

 

"And?"

 

"Unfortunately not, what I wanted to know... I'll try it at the embassy now. Do you know the name of the alb? "

 

"Hmmm... I think her name was Vilavil. "

 

"Thanks."

 

I handed her the books back and left the guild.

 

Some stalls had opened in the square and offered their goods. Between the stalls went next to many housewives, also people in armor or robes.

 

I tried to get through the crowd, which wasn't easy by my high.

 

*Boom*

 

I hit my head against something and landed on my butt.

 

"Ouch!"

 

I rubbed my head.

 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't see you, is everything alright?"

 

A hand appeared in front of me.

 

I looked at the person that reached the hand to me. A young man in his early twenties, with silvery hair, and brown eyes looked at me. He had a worried look on his handsome face. (A.N. Raising flags?)

 

"Yeah, thanks."

 

I grabbed his hand, and he helped me get up.

 

*knrrr*

 

My stomach growled, and I could feel how my face turned red because of shame.

 

He grinned.

 

"How about that, I invite you to something. Oh! How about this?"

 

He pointed to a stall where they sold filled flatbread.

 

I was a bit curious, the soft flatbread looked from here delicious.

 

"You look like you've never tried them before, come and try them."

 

He grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd to the booth.

 

I feel like a little kid...

 

"Oh, good morning Dario, today without Daria on the way?"

 

The seller from the stand welcomed my companion.

 

"Yes, she went to Admeras's embassy without breakfast, early in the morning. I wanted to buy something for her. "

 

"So, the usual? "

 

"Ah, no. I just collided with this young lady and wanted to apologize, that's why I'm here."

 

He pointed at me.

 

"Oh. What a lovely young lady you met."

 

I feel out of place!?

 

I put on a business smile.

 

"Good morning, uncle."

 

"She doesn't know your famous filled flatbread."

 

"She doesn't know them? Then she'll know them now! Young lady, what do you like more meat or cheese?"

 

"Hmm... I like both, but if I had to choose, I would choose cheese."

 

"A good choice."

 

The seller handed me a hot flatbread filled with slightly melted cheese.

 

"What about you, Dario?"

 

"I'll take one with cheese as well."

 

I ignored them and turned to my cake. My stomach was screaming for food.

 

I bit into the flatbread, and it tasted heavenly.

 

The soft bread together with the cheese and some spices made an incredible combination.

 

It might be that the reason it tastes so fantastic because I never ate good food, since I reborn.

 

I couldn't hold myself back and took one bite after another. Before I knew it, the bread had already disappeared in my stomach.

 

"Did the food taste good, young lady?"

 

I only realized now that the salesman and Dario were watching me. Dario still had half his bread in his hand.

 

"Yes! It was so delicious! I couldn't hold myself back."

 

"That's good."

 

"Hmph, you should, hmph, never eat like that. "

 

Dario spoke with his mouth full.

 

"Dario, talking with a full mouth doesn't make what you just said more believable."

 

"...yes, sorry."

 

Dario paid for the flatbreads and turned to me.

 

"I'm sorry, but I have to say goodbye now, because I have to bring my sister, her food to the Admeras's embassy, or she'll get mad at me."

 

He started to leave as I reached for his hand.

 

"I'm looking for someone called Vilavil. She should work at the embassy."

 

"Huh? Vil? I bring you to her and introduce you if you want?"

 

He pulled me through the crowd to the front of the embassy.

 

"Why did it take so long, you idiot?"

 

A young woman, the same age as Dario, stormed towards us. She was unmistakably his sister because she had the same silvery hair.

 

"I'm sorry, something ca ---."

 

Her first landed in his face, and he flew back a few meters but could keep his balance and landed on one knee.

 

"Do you have to go to the ceiling again! I told you something came up and delayed me."

 

"Always your lazy excuses!"

 

"Eh?"

 

I wanted to say something, but before I could do so, she turned to me.

 

"Dario, where did you find this kid? Did my perverted brother do something to you?"

 

"HEY!"

 

Dario wanted to interfere, but Daria didn't allow it.

 

"What's your name, child?"

 

... child ... child ... child ...

 

"...Eris"

 

I gritted my teeth.

 

"What a fitting name for such a cute kid."

 

She just wanted to hug me when I pushed her away.

 

"Stop calling me a kid!"

 

I couldn't hold my anger back and pushed her to the ground.

 

"But... but..."

 

So many weirdos!

 

Daria tried to hug me again. Even after that outburst of anger, but Dario grabbed her shoulder and stopped her.

 

"She wants to Vil."

 

"What does a child want at Vil?"

 

Why is the thing I said ignored?

 

"Daria, take a closer look! She may look young, but she is not as young as she looks like."

 

At least Dario is sensible...

 

"Then she's lucky. Vil and I wanted to have breakfast, but since Dario took so long, I came out to wait for him. Come on."

 

She waved that we should follow her.

 

Instead of entering through the main entrance, ​​we went around the building, and we climbed up the spiral stairs on the outside wall. The stairs stopped at the top of the building.

 

On the door at the bottom of the stairs stood, "special department, access only for staff or by invitation".

 

She opened it and waved us inside.

 

There was only one circular room behind the door. Bookshelves covered the entire wall, and next to the desk full of books, was a table for up to 6 people.

 

"I'm back."

 

Someone stood up behind the wall of books.

 

"Finally, I thought I was still starving here. Huh? Who is that?"

 

A woman with dark skin, yellow eyes and white hair, a scar on her left cheek, emerged from behind the books.

 

Her looks were more like a warrior than a bureaucrat, but that did not mean she was not pretty despite her hubs.

 

"Her name is Eris. She asked for you."

 

Dario explained.

 

"After me? I'm not interesting enough that someone would look for me."

 

"I'll do it!"

 

"Alright, then sit down. 

 

She pointed to the group table.

 

I sat down on one side, and Dario sat down next to me. Daria chose the seat opposite of Dario and Vilavil took place across me.

 

"So?"

 

"I'm looking for the horned hare, in the library of the Wizarding Guild, I've already searched for information, but found nothing."

 

"And someone has sent you to me?"

 

"Not directly... The guild leader of the Wirzardguild told me that you had something to do with them and came in contact."

 

"Hmm, that's right..."

 

"And?"

 

"What do you want with the horned rabbits?"

 

"Studying life and behavior."

 

I lied without batting an eyelid.

 

"Hmm..."

 

She kept a stern eye on me.

 

*sigh*

 

She sighed and stood up without a word.

 

"Dario, when did I have the examinations?"

 

"With the horned rabbits?"

 

"Yes!"

 

"Late summer, about 5 to 7 years ago."

 

"Good, I'll take a look."

 

She flipped through some documents in front of a shelf until it seemed she found the right document.

 

"Here!"

 

She dropped the document in front of me and pointed to a log.

 

I started to read.

 

22 Zurlist 1602

 

Mission: A dryad has reported in a village, near the borders with the human kingdom, a nest of horned rabbits were under attack.

 

After initial investigations, the orcs became the main suspects, as there were already several raids last month in which orcs had attacked some people settlements.

 

After a closer analysis of the crime scene, the suspicion was extended by the orcs to the humans. A trail-searching specialist found tracks that would only fit dogs, and orcs don't tame dogs, at least not in this region of the continent.

 

I paused and looked at Vilavil, she had only eyes for her breakfast.

58